eTrex Series

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
WknThDg

Re: eTrex Series

Postby WknThDg » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:33 am

ramli wrote:Hi Shideen,
The GPS I use is not necesseraly for routing maps. I need sometimes to do some mapping spot checks of track with huge countour data . I also use the cards for pictures; my work; so 2 Gb not enough anymore.

Thank you for the good tip though kawan.

I use a Transcend Micro SDHC 4GB CARD Class 6 TS4GUSDHC6 in my eTrex Vista HCx with v3.20 firmware. It works OK. It comes with a microSD-to-SD adapter.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:25 am

WknThDg wrote:I use a Transcend Micro SDHC 4GB CARD Class 6 TS4GUSDHC6 in my eTrex Vista HCx with v3.20 firmware. It works OK. It comes with a microSD-to-SD adapter.

Bro WknThDg, how much did you buy the class 6 card and from where. Been looking for a fast uSD card. Most I see are class 4 max. :tq:

hilmi2288

My handheld device can't acquire satellite

Postby hilmi2288 » Fri May 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi guys, i'm using a etrex vista hcx pnd and its less than a yr old. i've been trying to get a satellite signal for the past few days but to no avail. i've put it out my window till the batt ran out and still there's nothing. i've place it in my car and left the pnd running but still nothing.

anyone experienced this before? pls help. thank you.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: My handheld device can't acquire satellite

Postby silverbeauty » Fri May 07, 2010 3:07 pm

hilmi2288 wrote:Hi guys, i'm using a etrex vista hcx pnd and its less than a yr old. i've been trying to get a satellite signal for the past few days but to no avail. i've put it out my window till the batt ran out and still there's nothing. i've place it in my car and left the pnd running but still nothing.

anyone experienced this before? pls help. thank you.

With the unit turned off, press and hold PAGE + Enter on the click stick. Then press and release the POWER.

The unit will power up asking if you want to erase all user data. Select yes.

After this, place your unit outside under the clear blue sky for 25 to 30 minutes for the unit to acquire new almanac data.

hilmi2288

Postby hilmi2288 » Sat May 08, 2010 10:07 am

I tried the method you mentioned, but still no signal. I left it out the window the whole night.the date and time written there is 8 April. when I resetted it was still there.

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Sun May 09, 2010 1:15 am

hilmi2288 wrote:I tried the method you mentioned, but still no signal. I left it out the window the whole night.the date and time written there is 8 April. when I resetted it was still there.

I think it is time for you to admit your GPSr to the hospital... or just "certify" it! :cry:

nautic

Garmin etrex vista cx

Postby nautic » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:40 am

Hi everyone especially those sifu here,i'm using the etrex vista cx,its been along time since i update eversince malsing website need contribution for download,i would like to download malaysia -singapore latest map for my garmin,can anyone help me me by providing some links to me.Thank you

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Re: Garmin etrex vista cx

Postby Inggo » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:04 am

nautic wrote:Hi everyone especially those sifu here,i'm using the etrex vista cx,
its been along time since i update eversince malsing website need contribution for download,
i would like to download malaysia -singapore latest map for my garmin,can anyone help me me by providing some links to me.Thank you

I think, contribution is UPLOAD :mrgreen: not download [-X
then you can send your tracklog *.GDB data files and send to mfm.
http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?p=13074#p13074

Download garmin mapsource to generate GPX files
viewtopic.php?p=1977#p1977
viewtopic.php?p=11901#p11901
http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/mapS ... torial.exe

so, if you want to update your map to our latest garmin map
you can download from this:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=893

:welcome: to mfm
welcome & very pleasure to be contribute your tracklog here
and send to:
viewtopic.php?p=85787#p85787
viewforum.php?f=17
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

hilmi2288

Postby hilmi2288 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:57 pm

Hi mfm peeps,

I have a etrex vista hcx which ran into some problems recently.
It states its acquiring gps..for a few hours but still no satellite.
So i sent it to a shop at sim lim tower which i bought the unit from
They said it may be due to virus from my comp. since its still under warranty, im hoping it would repaired for
free.

Qns: Is the guy correct? a virus?
What do you guys think is wrong with my unit?

Thanks for your inputS!

wblee

Postby wblee » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:48 pm

hilmi2288 wrote:Qns: Is the guy correct? a virus?
What do you guys think is wrong with my unit?

I have no idea what happen to your unit but I can't believe that the problem was cause by virus. :-k
It's hardly to believe that someone will create virus to attack Garmin. :shock:

Return to “GPS Devices”