MFM-Garmin 121001 Feedback

Archive for previous discussions and feedback which are not relevant currently due to MFM's progress

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

User avatar
tympg
Senior Mapper
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:01 am
Location: Penang

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 110912

Postby tympg » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:19 am

kkking wrote:
OngCC wrote:Dear all,

To view roads on Nuvi 2xxx & 3xxx, please check "Exclude Colored Polygons" when creating gmapsupp.img.

May I ask..(To view roads on Nuvi 2xxx & 3xxx, please check "Exclude Colored Polygons" when creating gmapsupp.img.)
is mean when i install this map, i need to TICK or no need to TICK?
thank you.

"Check" = "Tick"
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

Mliven
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 121001

Postby Mliven » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:01 pm

not sure if it is a false alarm.

detected by 360 antivirus software, as trojan.

trojan = heur/malware.QVM06.gen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
gpsnerd
Contributor
Posts: 1355
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:49 pm
Location: SG, Nuvi 205W, 255W

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 121001

Postby gpsnerd » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:15 pm

QUESTION - i feel recently the gps device then to navigate u through a detour to get a destination.

example when destination can be turn right into from main road, it will get you go around to enter it by turn left from main road
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W

User avatar
OngCC
Senior Mapper
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:44 pm
Location: Redhill, SG
Contact:

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 121001

Postby OngCC » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Mliven wrote:not sure if it is a false alarm.

detected by 360 antivirus software, as trojan.

trojan = heur/malware.QVM06.gen

Please see here, viewtopic.php?p=159973#p159973
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

User avatar
OngCC
Senior Mapper
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:44 pm
Location: Redhill, SG
Contact:

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 121001

Postby OngCC » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:29 pm

gpsnerd wrote:QUESTION - i feel recently the gps device then to navigate u through a detour to get a destination.

example when destination can be turn right into from main road, it will get you go around to enter it by turn left from main road

We can't have your feeling... :mrgreen:
Please provide the starting & ending points.
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

User avatar
gpsnerd
Contributor
Posts: 1355
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:49 pm
Location: SG, Nuvi 205W, 255W

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 121001

Postby gpsnerd » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:30 pm

OngCC wrote:
gpsnerd wrote:QUESTION - i feel recently the gps device then to navigate u through a detour to get a destination.

example when destination can be turn right into from main road, it will get you go around to enter it by turn left from main road

We can't have your feeling... :mrgreen:
Please provide the starting & ending points.



updates that needs your assistance and attention
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13393&p=181088#p181088

example, I need to go Summerdale condo from Shell station, the purple route is the GPS preferred route, but the red route seems to be more direct. But i think from this example is good enough as the map data do not take into account there's a U turn along this road
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W

AW*
Valued Contributor
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 121001

Postby AW* » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi all,

I haven't been doing this for sometime..I installed and copy the map to the Map folder in the SD Card. when i checked my 2465, i could see Mfm POI 20121001 but not MFM 20121001. Previous Mfm maps have the naming convention MFM YYYYMMDD.

Did i install correctly or incorrectly? The download and installation was correct, and i copy the gmapsupp.img to the Map folder in the SD Card and rename it to gmapsupp20121001.img.

Need some guidance here pls... :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

Thanks in advance
" The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Ghandi
" In matters of conscience, the law of majority has no place." - Mahatma Ghandi


255W,1460, 2465 & 2465LM

Bully109
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 121001

Postby Bully109 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:35 pm

I am coming to live in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia and I want to know what is the best gps for car travel in and aroud Kota Kinabalu and where do i get maps from? :) :tq:

ajay
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:40 am
Location: Bdr Baru Bangi
Contact:

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 121001

Postby ajay » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:37 pm

gpsnerd wrote:
OngCC wrote:
gpsnerd wrote:QUESTION - i feel recently the gps device then to navigate u through a detour to get a destination.

example when destination can be turn right into from main road, it will get you go around to enter it by turn left from main road

We can't have your feeling... :mrgreen:
Please provide the starting & ending points.



updates that needs your assistance and attention
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13393&p=181088#p181088

example, I need to go Summerdale condo from Shell station, the purple route is the GPS preferred route, but the red route seems to be more direct. But i think from this example is good enough as the map data do not take into account there's a U turn along this road
could it be becoz u select "avoid u-turn"?
from Garmin Que for Pocket PC to Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile to Nuvi 205W to Papago M9 for Android & now Garmin Nuvi 2576.

Bully109
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 121001

Postby Bully109 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Sorry I do not understand the answer to my question? I am asking which is best in car gps unit eg Navman, Garmin etcetc,best portable or hand held gps and where do I get Sabah (Kota Kinabalu) maps from???? #-o :tq:


Return to “Archive (Garmin)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests