MFM-Garmin 100201 feedback

Archive for previous discussions and feedback which are not relevant currently due to MFM's progress

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 100201

Postby antyong (retired) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:18 pm

fir3f0x wrote:no offense regarding my post earlier, here is a problem i faced when i came to the junction at the sunway from pantai expressway, and im heading to pj. it didnt guide me to turn right on the traffic light, but guided me to go thru a longer route. hopefully sifu sifu can determine what's the cause for this :ko:

p/s: im sure that the avoidance of u-turn has been turned off.

395.jpg

You are routed such way because it is legally not possible to bear right into LDP from the exit. Entrance to the LDP has to be the route recommended by our map. The typical Malaysia driver will still drive across the white line but we still have to recommend routes based on traffic rules. Please refer to the attached JV.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alharis299
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby alharis299 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:09 pm

antyong wrote:
fir3f0x wrote:no offense regarding my post earlier, here is a problem i faced when i came to the junction at the sunway from pantai expressway, and im heading to pj. it didnt guide me to turn right on the traffic light, but guided me to go thru a longer route. hopefully sifu sifu can determine what's the cause for this :ko:

p/s: im sure that the avoidance of u-turn has been turned off.

395.jpg

You are routed such way because it is legally not possible to bear right into LDP from the exit. Entrance to the LDP has to be the route recommended by our map. The typical Malaysia driver will still drive across the white line but we still have to recommend routes based on traffic rules. Please refer to the attached JV.

MFM Map following traffic rules - :good:

handytouch

Postby handytouch » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi,

I got a crc error when unzipping the file MFM-Garmin100201a.zip

Please take a look. Thanks

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:51 pm

handytouch wrote:Hi,

Re-download from main site. no problem with me.

cmhor

Postby cmhor » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:06 am

Downloaded 100201a and it is working well in my 255W.

Thank you guys for the update. :rox: :good:

adlee565

Postby adlee565 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:32 am

handytouch wrote:Hi,

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here. Just to notify that I got the same problem when I download the ready-to-use gmapsupp from Litespeed. Hope the relevant people can rectify that.

Downloaded the full executable file with no problems. Works great!! Thanks!

cynide
Contributor

Postby cynide » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi bro Antyong, can you please look into my question on page 5 cause no one reply to it yet. Many thanks.

desny

Re: Re:

Postby desny » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:24 pm

3. Proper annoucement of U-turns
Garmin now recognise our maps' left-hand traffic direction. It will ask users to "Make a U-turn" instead of "Turn right then turn right". Our mappers will be updating their maps to conform to Garmin's U-turn standard. If you encounter an U-turn which is not announced properly, please feedback to us.

Because of the change in traffic system, you are advised to turn off (uncheck) U-turn avoidance for better route suggestions.
Image --> Image
At Nuvi's main menu, press Tools, Setting and then Navigation. You will see the screen on the top left. Press the Avoidance button. Ensure U-turn avoidance is unchecked.[/quote]

I still not really understand ragarding to the avoidance setup.....
if I check the U-TURN which mean it will teach me drive u-turn road or not going to drive?
Last edited by desny on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cynide
Contributor

Re: Re:

Postby cynide » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:28 pm

desny wrote:
antyong wrote:NEW FEATURES ON MFM-GARMIN

1. New SG Postal Code & Address Map
MFM's new SG Postal Code & Address map allows users to search for address or postal code. Currently, there are over 17,000 postal codes in our database.

Searching for postal code with house number keypad:

Searching for postal code in address field:

Searching for address:

2. Option to generate MFM-lite version
MFM-Lite has been incorporated into MFM-Garmin. You can generate the lite version using MFM's map generator at the end of the installation process. Just check the "Exclude colored polygons..." box.

3. Proper annoucement of U-turns
Garmin now recognise our maps' left-hand traffic direction. It will ask users to "Make a U-turn" instead of "Turn right then turn right". Our mappers will be updating their maps to conform to Garmin's U-turn standard. If you encounter an U-turn which is not announced properly, please feedback to us.

Because of the change in traffic system, you are advised to turn off (uncheck) U-turn avoidance for better route suggestions.
Image --> Image
At Nuvi's main menu, press Tools, Setting and then Navigation. You will see the screen on the top left. Press the Avoidance button. Ensure U-turn avoidance is unchecked.

:-? :-? :-?

desny

Postby desny » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:34 pm

saujanacom wrote:latest map downloaded.... :peace: :peace:

hi!!! how u find the new map to download..can our garmin update by itself?

Return to “Archive (Garmin)”