I'm using Papago R5800 X5.2, but after updating to the latest map 091118, the device froze and hung on the welcome screen. And I can't connect the device in USB mode anymore.
How to rectify this problem?
Help me please.
use a SD card and instructions as follows Software Restore via SD Card
1. Prepare a NEW Formated SD Card (Atleast 2GB).
2. Copy everything in the SD folder from the Papago CD into the New Formated SD Card. Delete the Navi folder and not the X5_factory in the SD card.
3. Down load the software X5_5.2 from M3GPS site and install the software in your SD card.
4. You can also download the latest map and install it in \Navi\Maps folder.
5. Ensure your unit is in Off mode by holding the Off button for 5 seconds.
6. Insert the SD Card in to the Unit.
7. Reset the unit or you may have to power back your unit.
8. The Unit will automatically ON, and the Update program will start running. Wait until the program finish updating. Ensure you have sufficient battery life.
9. Remove the SD card once the Update has completed. Then Reset the unit again. Your restoration as well as software update is complete.
10. Future software update can be done this way, cause at times, the usb connections goes wacko.