Penang, Kedah & Perlis Untracked Places Tracking Requests

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kedah, Penang & Perlis. Mapper: OngCC

Moderators: tympg, keong8260, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Re: Penang, Kedah & Perlis Untracked Places Tracking Requests

Postby tuah » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:04 pm

uncle wong wrote:
wengsiu wrote:
uncle wong wrote:i wan to hunt for untrack area in penang , any job for me ???

uncle wong.. I have some ideas.. recently, Juru there was very much new housing area.. maybe need some help here.

Taman Bukit Juru

fuyoo uncle wong :prayer: :prayer: As for me, this weekend no track to give :cry: :cry: :cry:

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Postby uncle wong » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:22 pm

:tq: Bro Tuah
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

wengsiu

Postby wengsiu » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:55 pm

Uncle Wong,
Thanks alot. Noticed that Juru area are start to developing with huge housing area. Thanks for the Bkt Juru track.

Let me know when u are in Juru again, a cup of original Ipoh white coffee will on my cost at Restoran Cendana Garden...

Just PM me will do...

tq

uncle wong wrote:
sharp56 wrote:
uncle wong wrote:i wan to hunt for untrack area in penang , any job for me ???

I'm staying in this housing estate in Bukit Noning in BM area (5°23'10.68"N 100°28'36.16"E) for over 10 years. However, it still does not yet appear in the latest MFM maps even though the older papagox2 maps and the 2008 tele atlas map for iGO already have this housing estate in their maps. It does give an impression to the ordinary folks that MFM maps are a bit out of date compared to its competitors.

It's a small area not more than 100 houses. I would gladly assist to untrack the area but I don't know how to do it. Could anyone assist to do it? There's a guard house there but I can get you in. PM me and lunch is on me!

:peace: :peace: :peace:

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Postby uncle wong » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:03 pm

Bungalow lot at bukit juru & cendana cannot go in , u know how to go in ?? :mrgreen:
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

wengsiu

Postby wengsiu » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:59 am

uncle wong,
let me check with the developer, should we have any allowance for tracking.. :D

uncle wong wrote:Bungalow lot at bukit juru & cendana cannot go in , u know how to go in ?? :mrgreen:

JeyJey

Postby JeyJey » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:26 am

tympg wrote:
kaybee wrote:tympg, think it is a good idea to open a thread just for tracking request? Members without trackable device able to submit request and tracklog contributors able to respond better. This way we can keep track of untrack areas instead of hidden in threads somewhere, members can sign up to track those areas and strike it off once completed. This will improve MFM at much faster rate. Thanks.

Post in this thread any requests or suggestions to track roads that have yet to be tracked.

Once the place you requested has been tracked, please edit your post here to indicate that the case has been closed.

You can also declare your intention to track a certain area here.

hotkhong

Postby hotkhong » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:31 pm

There is a new housing area with 2 new roads just off Jalan Kenari, Taman Desaria, Sg Ara (around 5°19'0"N 100°15'48"E). The 2 roads are Persiaran Kelicap (which is supposed to connect to the other part of Persiaran Kelicap in Setia Pearl Island) and Solok Kelicap. These roads are still showing as "Single Track in Fruit Orchard" in the current map version.

Let me know if more info is needed. Thanks.

acaimoza
Valued Contributor

Postby acaimoza » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:04 pm

hotkhong wrote:There is a new housing area with 2 new roads just off Jalan Kenari, Taman Desaria, Sg Ara (around 5°19'0"N 100°15'48"E). The 2 roads are Persiaran Kelicap (which is supposed to connect to the other part of Persiaran Kelicap in Setia Pearl Island) and Solok Kelicap. These roads are still showing as "Single Track in Fruit Orchard" in the current map version.

Hii hotkhong,

Here's some tips from bro dvpro
dvpro wrote:Bro Manzu84,

Please post the coordinates using Mapsource's hddd.ddddd format, or even better attach Mapsource GDB to your post. As an example from your contribution above:

Surau Ar-Rahman Taman Bidara Indah
N2.33637 E102.09059

or
sample.gdb

OR http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=321&p=60394#p60394

[moza]

hotkhong

Postby hotkhong » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:29 pm

hotkhong wrote:
There is a new housing area with 2 new roads just off Jalan Kenari, Taman Desaria, Sg Ara (around 5°19'0"N 100°15'48"E). The 2 roads are Persiaran Kelicap (which is supposed to connect to the other part of Persiaran Kelicap in Setia Pearl Island) and Solok Kelicap. These roads are still showing as "Single Track in Fruit Orchard" in the current map version.

Hii hotkhong,

Here's some tips from bro dvpro

dvpro wrote:
Bro Manzu84,

Please post the coordinates using Mapsource's hddd.ddddd format, or even better attach Mapsource GDB to your post. As an example from your contribution above:

Surau Ar-Rahman Taman Bidara Indah
N2.33637 E102.09059

OK, still learning - here's the coords in the correct format:
The start of Persiaran Kelicap is at N5.31749 E100.26446. Solok Kelicap is approx N5.31601 E100.26259.

Let me know if more info is still needed. Thanks.

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:26 pm

hotkhong wrote:There is a new housing area with 2 new roads just off Jalan Kenari, Taman Desaria, Sg Ara (around 5°19'0"N 100°15'48"E). The 2 roads are Persiaran Kelicap (which is supposed to connect to the other part of Persiaran Kelicap in Setia Pearl Island) and Solok Kelicap. These roads are still showing as "Single Track in Fruit Orchard" in the current map version.

Done :D

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1617&p=60951#p60951
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

Return to “Penang, Kedah & Perlis Map Feedback”