Planing Drive around of West Malaysia !

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
jeremaze
Polygon Mapper

Re: Planing Drive around of West Malaysia !

Postby jeremaze » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:07 pm

HOW about after kuantan, then go all the way down the to most South East of malaysia, I suggest desaru or further down...
Planing.gdb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/10000-People-Request-Garmin-to-provide-Compiler-to-MFM-Malfreemapscom/256105137738698

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Postby uncle wong » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:34 pm

mmmm....Malaysia highway not safe la , my cousin & uncle kena rompak before at highway .....they put nail or some plate in highway road then we go langgar & tyre pancit edi , after tat towing truck come to help but not from the highway company towing ppl then suddenly they show their kapak or parang then the end u all know liao ??? my uncle kena robs 7k cash & one rolex watch , TRUE one uncle didnt tipu , just becareful la , dun drive alone jauh jauh ..
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

jeremaze
Polygon Mapper

Postby jeremaze » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:46 pm

YALOR...
try to travel with few big guys or few cars accompany.
last i also want to travel around peninsular like you planned. but...feel dangerous going alone in 1 car.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/10000-People-Request-Garmin-to-provide-Compiler-to-MFM-Malfreemapscom/256105137738698

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:19 pm

zamad wrote:...
there's Gerai Hasnik in Setiu which serves fresh battered fish/squid/prawns...

Please share the coordinates bro, POI not available in MFM map. :tq:
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:32 pm

It is in Penarik, nr Setiu. Coordinates N05 35.496 E102 49.734. Why it is not submitted?? I actually got the coordinates wrong! :mrgreen: That co-ordinate ± 500m. Driving north, it is on the left side of the (coastal) road. Here's the pix :prayer:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

fancheng
Senior Mapper

Postby fancheng » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:46 pm

jeremaze wrote:HOW about after kuantan, then go all the way down the to most South East of malaysia, I suggest desaru or further down...

I been there before, will visit again if I free.

uncle wong wrote:mmmm....Malaysia highway not safe la , my cousin & uncle kena rompak before at highway .....they put nail or some plate in highway road then we go langgar & tyre pancit edi , after tat towing truck come to help but not from the highway company towing ppl then suddenly they show their kapak or parang then the end u all know liao ??? my uncle kena robs 7k cash & one rolex watch , TRUE one uncle didnt tipu , just becareful la , dun drive alone jauh jauh ..

jeremaze wrote:YALOR...
try to travel with few big guys or few cars accompany.
last i also want to travel around peninsular like you planned. but...feel dangerous going alone in 1 car.

Ya loh..., my wife start making noise, I need get her approve for this planning. :cry: ](*,)

zamad wrote:It is in Penarik, nr Setiu. Coordinates N05 35.496 E102 49.734. Why it is not submitted?? I actually got the coordinates wrong! :mrgreen: That co-ordinate ± 500m. Driving north, it is on the left side of the (coastal) road. Here's the pix :prayer:

Bro the recommend place, I take noted. :tq:

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:58 pm

zamad wrote:It is in Penarik, nr Setiu. Coordinates N05 35.496 E102 49.734. Why it is not submitted?? I actually got the coordinates wrong! :mrgreen: That co-ordinate ± 500m. Driving north, it is on the left side of the (coastal) road. Here's the pix :prayer:

Thanks for sharing.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:14 pm

If someone who plies the route often can get the correct location, then we'll include that POI. I missed it the last time I travelled there.
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

jaguar
Valued Contributor

Postby jaguar » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:45 am

Oredi the 4th day into his driving trip and no 'live update'.... hee hee.... bro fancheng.... where you ? hope you not kenna ... oops.... touch wood... :-$

fancheng
Senior Mapper

Postby fancheng » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:46 am

jaguar wrote:Oredi the 4th day into his driving trip and no 'live update'.... hee hee.... bro fancheng.... where you ? hope you not kenna ... oops.... touch wood... :-$

Sorry Bro, the planing was cancel, my wife not approve it, my permit only can go north.

No photo was taken, my camera left in office ](*,) . This round of trip, I visit few old friend in Kangar Perlis, Sungai Pertani, Bertam, Padang Serai, Lastly Sebarang Perai having a Mini GG. :peace: A warm welcome at the GG. :peace: :prayer: :thumbsup: :D :tq:

The round of trip hadn't plan will. Next time I will plan it. O:)

Return to “Holiday & Travel”