Converting Nuvi 2x5W Firmware to MAL/SIN Firmware

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
chrischan07

Re: Converting Nuvi 255W US Firmware to MAL/SIN Firmware

Postby chrischan07 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:50 pm

ktan2 bro pls help me ... i deleted my voice n text folder n try to change my firmware to local version using version 2.3 but somehow i cannot extract the file.. can someone give me the version 2.6 rng file pls? Just bought the nuvi 255w 3 days ago n was duped to believe mine was the local set... also how do i check if mine is us set or taiwan set? awaiting your kind response

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:58 am

Did the flash to revive the unit. Repatched with Garmin SgMy 2.60 firmware.

Updated the voice from the Garmin site.

Downloaded and installed MSM

Used the GPS on the way to work this morning and there was junction view of the Bt Jalil interchange.

So when is MFM going to have junction view for Garmin?

Vince33

Postby Vince33 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:05 pm

dvpro wrote:
Vince33 wrote:Ops.............:prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: A million sorry to apologies... I did't meant to be rude here. I did't saw icon very clearly.Thinking was cheer up icon.!?

I'm still newbie to this forum. I'm sorry if I had make some stupid here.
:prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: Pls forgive what I have done...

Don't worry, a small misunderstanding there. However, I'd like to point out that when you hover and hold the mouse arrow over the Smilies, a label will pop out indicating the Smilies name. :)

yaya.... :tq: for the remind.
:rox:
GPS for Life.

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:51 pm

Reading through this thread and here, I was wondering if my US 205W which has already been patched to do 1-s tracking, be able to be patched again to set it to do Junction View too? ie capable of doing both 1-s tracking and JV. Or is it just a very bad idea? Has anyone successfully done these 2 patches on their 205W (US)?
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

fir3f0x

Postby fir3f0x » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:00 pm

i didnt rename the file for the 2.30 firmware but i managed to revert my 255w (taiwan unit) from firmware 3.00 TW to firmware 2.30 SG/MY then update to firmware 2.60 SG/MY. im wondering that will there be anything different since i didnt renamed the setup file? :-? do i need to redo the flashing again?

manz07

Postby manz07 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:45 pm

Bro kTan2, can you please re-upload the files? Thks.

Also with the MySing firmware, ecoRoute will be gone? Any way to revert, ie do you have the US firmware if need to revert? TIA.

fir3f0x

Postby fir3f0x » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:10 am

may i ask as well can i revert back to my taiwan firmware so i can do the flashing steps again?

WknThDg

Postby WknThDg » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:44 am

Changes to my nüvi 255W HWID 0827 US SW v5.00 when flashed to HWID 0930 SG/MAL SW v2.60 with ktan2 method:

On first boot after flash, the settings I selected for both HWID 0827 & 0930:
"Select a Local" = "United States"
"Select a language" = "American English"

Lane Assist feature is working with City Navigator North America NT 2010.1. :thumbsup:
Junction View feature is working with Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT 2009.5
Lane Assist and Junction View feature is working with City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT v4.02
ecoRoute feature is removed.

Tools > Settings > System > GPS Simulator has options "Off" and "On".
Changed to:
Tools > Settings > System > GPS Mode has options "Normal", "GPS Off" and "WAAS/EGNOS".

Tools > Settings > System > Usage Mode has options "Automobile", "Bicycle" and "Pedestrian".
Changed to:
Tools > Settings > System > Usage Mode has options "Truck" (added), "Automobile", "Bicycle" and "Pedestrian".

Tools > Settings > Navigation > Route Preference has options "Faster Time", "Shorter Distance", "Less Fuel" (ecoRoute) and "Off Road".
Changed to:
Tools > Settings > Navigation > Route Preference has options "Faster Time", "Shorter Distance" and "Off Road".
Unfortunately, the "Off Road" setting is not saved after "OK" is pressed. :cry: The previous setting is retained.

Tools > Settings > Language > Voice, Text & Keyboard options have several local changes (as expected).

Wish List (to be fixed):

The "Off Road" setting is saved after "OK" is pressed.[-o<

Wish List (features to be added):

1 second track feature with SD card logging.
Junction View feature added with City Navigator North America NT 2010.1.

:good: ktan2 :tq:
Last edited by WknThDg on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

microelek

Postby microelek » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:15 am

Please re-upload and post a new download link because the RapidShare download limit has been reached.

s6656

Postby s6656 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:23 am

Tan,
The links at rapid has already expired.

Can you share your file at http://www.ziddu.com/ ?
Their links never expire and easy to download.

thanks for your wonderful job :tq: :good: :rox:

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”