First time to Muar! Need some recommendation.

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ahsiong

First time to Muar! Need some recommendation.

Postby ahsiong » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:25 am

Hi.
I am thinking of making a day trip to Muar to makan and look look see see.
This will be my first time there. will be going in a group of 4 in a car.

I have read in another forum that there are some chinese stalls at jalan sungai abong selling durians.
is the durian at jalan sungai abong good? How much they selling at? any other cheap and good places to eat durians in Muar.

any recommendation for good makan (heard that assam fish and yong sheng cake shop is famous there) and shopping (perhaps something like pasar malam will be good)?

Thanks for your advice.

Alex

robo
Senior Mapper

Re: First time to Muar! Need some recommendation.

Postby robo » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi Ah Siang,
Exploring Muar Town - The Historical Town might help to answer some of your questions.
Thanks.
Please submit your Tracklogs & POI here : http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11636

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:49 pm

:tq: Bro Robo..so nice..even i'm from muar.. many thing i don't know about muar :cry: :cry: ](*,) ](*,)
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

akisma

Postby akisma » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:23 am

Hi bro,
Welcome to muar, It seems that you are first time in Muar, alots of Jalan Jalan cari Makan here. For Breakfast (shown in Astro) is located opposite to Pagoh Bas Station.There you can have Nasi lemak, Lontong, Mee kari,Mee rebus,satey and others are available .

For Chinese Jalan Jalan Cari Makan located at Bentayan road ever famous for breakfast/lunch/dinner. Tip Top ASAM PEDAS located at Parit Jawa available from noon to morning (2am-3am).

Accomodation amongst famous Hotel in town are Classic Hotel,Pelangi Hotel, Riverview Hotel, D99 Hotel and Muar traders Hotel. Recreation area is located at Tanjong Emas not far from Muar traders Hotel. Shoping dept store are Giant, Fresco next to Pelangi Hotel,the Store in building as Wextex and Classic Hotel.

Durian fruits you can get along the road from Tangkak to Muar, Muar to Batu Pahat, Muar to Parit Jawa and Muar to Bukit Pasir ( infornt of Balai Polis ).

New location for Yong Sheng Confectionaries store was located at Jalan Bakri is about 5 km from Muar. If you want to get other places in Muar dont be shy to ask some people there " Segan bertanya sesat jalan " or " Segan bertanya tak kemana kita akan berada."

Happy journey and happy driving.

yaulim88
Valued Contributor

Postby yaulim88 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:44 pm

Muar Otak-Otak is the best. I will recommend the stall locate at Jalan Hasim. :)
http://www.muarchunghwaosa.org/00-CHJB/jb2010cav.htm

Nuvi205 Nuvi57LM
GPSmap 60CSx
Nuvi1460

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:08 pm

xiaokia

Postby xiaokia » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:49 pm

Some place you may visit.

1. Nasuha restaurant.(Helbal tea and healty food, spa) Near pagoh tol.
2. Han Thoy restaurant in Panchor . (Fresh big prawn)
3. Tanjung Jetty. Boat travel around muar river.
4. Otak otak.
5. Oyster fried.
6. Medan Ikan bakar Sabak Awor ( Malay seafoot)
7. A lot of place...........

Quite many place . My house a lot of durian but almost finished. What time you will be go to muar?

hahaha.....hopefully you can enjoy the trip....

Return to “Holiday & Travel”