My trip to "Roof Of The World"

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Re: My trip to "Roof Of The World"

Postby cruiser » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:52 pm

A well-founded advice that is repeatedly echoed both by our Asian Travel Agents at this end and thats why, we're at the gym too for this.

The best way to meet this challenge is simply, walk up those flight of steps many of you have with your Condo apartments rather than using the lazy-lift. You do alot to help yr cardio vascular pumping rate and management of your breathing intake.

We missed the Tibetan route on the circumstances that prevailled then in 08.... but we'll take to the top of that plateau someday soon... \:D/ and make our way to Nepal as well.

:prayer: Hats off to the Dalai Lama and his entourage that hovers daily from that level...

kissnight wrote: my advice, go young, go healthy, go soon.... :thumbsup:
and before you go.. go exercise everyday to prepare for the trip... :peace:

oh.. Tibet is really BEAUTIFUL.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Image ~ Cruiser ~

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:06 pm

alyem wrote:....
But this Tibet trip I find it quite a Torturing trip of all.

1st, Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS)
2nd, Low Oxygen.

Tibet was at above 3500 meters above sea level which defined as High Altitude. In this High Altitude level, most people at low area will get Altitude Sickness/Mountain Sickness/High Altitude Sickness High Altitude Sickness is the biggest health risk, and together with the decreasing of Oxygen which can be fatal (dead.)
This happen to one of the participate member from our group. He past away on 2nd day in Tibet.

If you plan to visit TIBET. get as FIT and HEALTHYas possible, both physically and psychologically. Going TIBET is like DIVING
But diving can go up to surface just to yell Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..
But in TIBET... something happen, it take you 90 minute to Airport.... waiting for the next flight out to low land..

You can visit Tibet in Big or Small group, And you can go as tour or Free n Easy..
Everything can be pre-arrange, (Air line, Foods, Hotels or local guide)
You can contact The MICE +603-6203 9955
:mrgreen:

Bro Alyem,

Can you share with me your Tibet experience? You experienced altitude sickness yourself? Does the sickness affect you until you are unable to walk? I wonder if taking the Qing-Zang railway will help us get acclimatize?

About Potala Palace, did you get permit to visit the interior? Worth a visit?

I did not experience any sickness at Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong with altitude of >3000m also. Hopefully can survive Tibet [-o<

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:07 pm

Great photos, but sad it will remain a dream, age catching up ...... :cry:

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:55 pm

antyong wrote:Bro Alyem,

Can you share with me your Tibet experience? You experienced altitude sickness yourself? Does the sickness affect you until you are unable to walk? I wonder if taking the Qing-Zang railway will help us get acclimatize?

About Potala Palace, did you get permit to visit the interior? Worth a visit?

I did not experience any sickness at Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong with altitude of >3000m also. Hopefully can survive Tibet [-o<

Yes, I be happy to share my experience with you. Let's have a small GG with some "cold" drinks..
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:16 am

silverbeauty wrote:Great photos, but sad it will remain a dream, age catching up ...... :cry:

Hegh...? :shock: U R much younger than me ...!! [-X

It shouldn't be a problem if a good 6-months of gradual San Chin (breathing) exercise every morning for 15 mins (recommended) will help you get your stamina and breath back for that height... :-'

You can do it Brudder!!! :thumbsup: I'm doing it every morning with "Gaby" (Jogging and SanChin) by our beach, plus, my dog gets a workout too.... :mrgreen:
Image ~ Cruiser ~

Return to “Holiday & Travel”