Melaka tourist attractions

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Redstorm
Contributor

Re: Melaka HelP!

Postby Redstorm » Wed May 06, 2009 8:47 pm

Barnes wrote:
comeonesticks wrote:another question, how long does it take to drive from melaka to genting highlands?

For me 1 and a half hours the most......However, i normally take 1hr..... :peace:

Normal driving (I ride a monster) will normally take about 2 hrs with moderate traffic.

You have so much time to go melaka, look around and still can go Genting huh? =D>

By the way I will be in Melaka this Sat and most prob will move around by Walk and trishaw (those with havoc music) :thumbsup:

Hey bro Barnes, what a coincidence. I will be at Melaka this weekend too with a group of about 10. The group of them will be staying at Mimosa Hotel while my BH, her friend and I will be at another hotel.
Free beer tomorrow!ImageImage

sharkteef
Valued Contributor

Postby sharkteef » Thu May 07, 2009 11:29 pm

beware the cut throat beca ride at night. the more lights and louder the music, the more expensive the ride.

Barnes
Valued Contributor

Postby Barnes » Fri May 08, 2009 9:02 am

sharkteef wrote:beware the cut throat beca ride at night. the more lights and louder the music, the more expensive the ride.

Bro, normally i bargain like hell........ :frus:

Then I calm down and just go...............if calculate the number of years never sit liao hor, still worth lor..... :-'

What if in few years then no more beca then no chance to ride liao :cry:

Thanks for the info anyway....cheers :peace:

Barnes
Valued Contributor

Postby Barnes » Fri May 08, 2009 9:05 am

Redstorm wrote:
Barnes wrote:
comeonesticks wrote:another question, how long does it take to drive from melaka to genting highlands?

For me 1 and a half hours the most......However, i normally take 1hr..... :peace:

Normal driving (I ride a monster) will normally take about 2 hrs with moderate traffic.

You have so much time to go melaka, look around and still can go Genting huh? =D>

By the way I will be in Melaka this Sat and most prob will move around by Walk and trishaw (those with havoc music) :thumbsup:

Hey bro Barnes, what a coincidence. I will be at Melaka this weekend too with a group of about 10. The group of them will be staying at Mimosa Hotel while my BH, her friend and I will be at another hotel.

How about "Jaguars' passtime" after 10pm??? My contact no. 017 826 7920

ace
Valued Contributor

Postby ace » Fri May 08, 2009 9:06 am

Barnes,

You can always buy over the beca.....and stored it in Malacca... :mrgreen:

That way you can always ride your beca......or you hire a dude and sit back and relax... :mrgreen:

comeonesticks

Postby comeonesticks » Fri May 08, 2009 6:52 pm

I just came back from the 2 places. I think i missed out the Jonker walk at night. What time does it operate?

You took 1 hr half to reach genting highlands? it took me 2hrs half to get there... I was driving at 140 km/h. You must be driving freaking fast..
BTW.. Are there any speed cameras along the road from genting to Singapore?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Fri May 08, 2009 7:29 pm

comeonesticks wrote:I just came back from the 2 places. I think i missed out the Jonker walk at night. What time does it operate?

You took 1 hr half to reach genting highlands? it took me 2hrs half to get there... I was driving at 140 km/h. You must be driving freaking fast..
BTW.. Are there any speed cameras along the road from genting to Singapore?

Operating Hours of Jonker Walk for different shops vary but generally from Monday to Thursday most open from 10am to 6pm, and from Friday to Sunday, many stay open until 10pm. Eateries open daily from 10am to 11pm. The street becomes a pasar malam every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 6pm to midnight.

Speed traps are always there, just operational hours / location varies. MFM loaded into your Nuvi should warn you of these

Redstorm
Contributor

Postby Redstorm » Fri May 08, 2009 10:06 pm

Barnes wrote:
How about "Jaguars' passtime" after 10pm??? My contact no. 017 826 7920

Taken note of you hp no. Jaguar's past time got plenty, which one u refering to? :mrgreen: Ok, ok, I know. :mrgreen: We will probably be drinking at those pubs along the side road linking Jonker's St. I think u know which one I am refering to. Will call you if I have the time otherwise you might be able to see me there with my big group.
Free beer tomorrow!ImageImage

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Sat May 09, 2009 2:55 am

silverbeauty wrote::thumbsup: They mostly hang around Equatorial Hotel and roundabout at Jonker's Walk

Beware of their high power techno amplifier.... :mrgreen:
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

Barnes
Valued Contributor

Postby Barnes » Sun May 10, 2009 8:25 pm

Backed from KL/Melaka. Please enjoy some photos. Enjoyed myself but really missed our bros there in melaka (too busy to meet up for a Mini GG)

All comments welcome :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Return to “Holiday & Travel”