That Deja Vu Feeling ...

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
SOSweet

Re: That Deja Vu Feeling ...

Postby SOSweet » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:17 am

kennyboy wrote:So in short, MSM is taking user contributions for commercial purposes, as they feel that they took the time to compile the user contributions?
But the commercial payout is not going to those who contributed?
Hmmm......that sounds bad. Also depending on what is the commercial payout. Too little split also no use. Might as well pour back into the community.

A commercial payout can't be too little right ? However, we should not speculate and guess the amount as it does not serve any purpose.
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:30 pm

The MSM Councilors (sabre23t, jaguar, trajet, pauchai) can confirm some of the below:
- We considered selling unlock codes for RM50 x 300 per month last year. I vetoed.
- The MNC car manufacturer deal is RM150 per map. 100 maps per month. No agreement todate.
- Selling data to Mapking competitor for RM30+k + small amount per licence + shares if IPO. Have to stop releasing Mapking. Didn't bother to discuss.
- I was told of a potential 6-figure deal earlier from Adil's co. Not sure of status.

These are not trivial monies for website hosting (which is free at the moment and cost RM2k+ actually) etc as claimed. Although these monies can still be used to benefit the community or donation, I did not see any initiative to work on a action plan. Instead, the conditions I set down during our voting such as setting up a co with m&a to set rules and that no money should be distributed to anyone was not followed till the day MFM was born. I was very uncomfortable of the direction MSM was taking.

apisfires
Location: MELAKA NEGERI BERSEJARAH- ARAU PERLIS INDERA KAYANGAN (Garmin XT S60)

Postby apisfires » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:02 pm

baru la aku pahamm..... :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
PLEASE CONTRIBUTE AAAA, WE ALL HAVE FREE MAP NOW!!!!! ITS EASY ONLY,
ALL 4 ONE ONE 4 ALL

Kaizer

Postby Kaizer » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:09 pm

Holy shit! That's some serious money right there! Hmm... I don't mind working as a full time mapper/helper at MSM with that kinda money :fire:

sabre23t

Postby sabre23t » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:17 am

Kaizer wrote:Holy shit! That's some serious money right there! Hmm... I don't mind working as a full time mapper/helper at MSM with that kinda money :fire:

Please bear in mind those were all figures at "proposal" stages. You do know how close proposed figures are with final real figures, right? 8-)
Also bear in mind not all mappers at MSM are directly involved in the licensing deals, that I understand leads to where we are now. :-#
4SQ, Waze, GMM, MSM, MFM & OSM ;-}

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:09 pm

When money concern, friendship gone. I come across many many cases of thing like this, one even ended up in court case and subsequently, jailed.
So, to be good friend, NEVER NEVER be a partner in any business venture.
Want to do business, sole proprietor is the way to go.
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

kennyboy

Postby kennyboy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:10 pm

antyong wrote:The MSM Councilors (sabre23t, jaguar, trajet, pauchai) can confirm some of the below:
- We considered selling unlock codes for RM50 x 300 per month last year. I vetoed.
- The MNC car manufacturer deal is RM150 per map. 100 maps per month. No agreement todate.
- Selling data to Mapking competitor for RM30+k + small amount per licence + shares if IPO. Have to stop releasing Mapking. Didn't bother to discuss.
- I was told of a potential 6-figure deal earlier from Adil's co. Not sure of status.

These are not trivial monies for website hosting (which is free at the moment and cost RM2k+ actually) etc as claimed. Although these monies can still be used to benefit the community or donation, I did not see any initiative to work on a action plan. Instead, the conditions I set down during our voting such as setting up a co with m&a to set rules and that no money should be distributed to anyone was not followed till the day MFM was born. I was very uncomfortable of the direction MSM was taking.

Well, screw those profiteers then. But when then MFM will include SG maps? The name does sound a little foreboding. :(

Kaizer

Postby Kaizer » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:22 pm

sabre23t wrote:
Kaizer wrote:Holy shit! That's some serious money right there! Hmm... I don't mind working as a full time mapper/helper at MSM with that kinda money :fire:

Please bear in mind those were all figures at "proposal" stages. You do know how close proposed figures are with final real figures, right? 8-)
Also bear in mind not all mappers at MSM are directly involved in the licensing deals, that I understand leads to where we are now. :-#

I understand. That's why I'm here mah... =D> :peace:

kalam
Polygon Mapper

Postby kalam » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:57 am

antyong wrote:The MSM Councilors (sabre23t, jaguar, trajet, pauchai) can confirm some of the below:

Now Im clear. I know something is wrong when you announce "ease off" from MSM, it is not like you to just do that. Now I'm not just happy to be here but also proud to be amount you guys.

seethoe

Postby seethoe » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:19 am

walau... RM30k per month minimum.... from those deals alone... community volunteered to populate the database to help site owners to make money.... :frus: :thumbsdown: NOT ETHICAL :fire:
My Photos: http://www.szetophotos.com

Return to “Community Hall”