Head Unit with integrated GPS

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
bluetoffee76

Head Unit with integrated GPS

Postby bluetoffee76 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:01 am

Hi all, I would like to replace my current HU with one that has integrated GPS.
From what I've read, I generally have 2 options:
1. Get a HU like Kenwood DNX series with built-in navigation but this I think is expensive
2. Get a 6-7" 2DIN HU and an add-on GPS module

I have a few questions I hope bros here can point me to any resources online.

Are all Kenwood DNX HUs compatible with malfreemaps? Having easy access to up-to-date maps will be good.

What are my options for add-on GPS module that integrates with HUs? My preference is to be able to use malfreemaps, but would consider other maps if it is easy to access map updates.

rma73

Re: Head Unit with integrated GPS

Postby rma73 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:57 pm

hi,

There are also android head unit for many car brands.

U can xpolre this further

Return to “Newbie Lounge”