My POI for Phuket, Thailand

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
egtan

My POI for Phuket, Thailand

Postby egtan » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:26 am

Sharing my trip POI to Phuket. Lots of great food there and definitely recommend that you rent a car to drive around while you are there.

You can read about our trip at the link below.
http://dandestinations.blogspot.com/2013/03/trip-to-phuket-island-march-2013.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by egtan on Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: My POI for Phuket, Thailand

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:04 pm

egtan wrote:Sharing my trip POI to Phuket. Lots of great food there and definitely recommend that you rent a car to drive around while you are there.

http://dnatravels.blogspot.com/2013/03/trip-to-phuket-island-march-2013.html

Bro egtan, thanks for sharing your travel memoirs :thumbsup:

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:05 pm

egtan wrote:Sharing my trip POI to Phuket. Lots of great food there and definitely recommend that you rent a car to drive around while you are there.

Dear Bro egtan,

Thanks for your sharing.

I have a trip planned in June. I shall add your POIs and what I manage to collect after my return.
Lean not on your own understanding

egtan

Postby egtan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:46 am

JasonLee wrote:

Dear Bro egtan,

Thanks for your sharing.

I have a trip planned in June. I shall add your POIs and what I manage to collect after my return.

Cool. Hope you have a good trip there, Jason.
Definitely recommend renting a car to get around... and to drive out to look for food. :p

A car is also good for visiting all the different beaches in Phuket. Highly recommend Banana Beach and Naithon Beach.

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:28 am

egtan wrote:
JasonLee wrote:

Dear Bro egtan,

Thanks for your sharing.

Cool. Hope you have a good trip there, Jason.
Definitely recommend renting a car to get around... and to drive out to look for food. :p

A car is also good for visiting all the different beaches in Phuket. Highly recommend Banana Beach and Naithon Beach.

Thanks Bro Egtan,

I always drive there from Penang (takes about 10 hours) and I also stay at Mai Khao Beach for 7 nights each year. Have been doing that since 2007.

This time I plan to go by Wang Kelian way as it is the 2nd week of school holidays and I am afraid Bukit Kayu Hitam may be congested.

JasonLee
Regional Mapper

Postby JasonLee » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:44 am

Dear Bro egtan,

In view of the Martial Law and coup in Thailand, I have cancelled my trip to Phuket and will map your contributions in a few days' time.

egtan

Postby egtan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:11 am

JasonLee wrote:Dear Bro egtan,

In view of the Martial Law and coup in Thailand, I have cancelled my trip to Phuket and will map your contributions in a few days' time.

Hi, Jason.

Am so sorry to hear that... but it's also better to be safe than take the risk at this stage. I'm sure once the coup settles itself, it will be safe to go again. Just have to wait it out.

Return to “Holiday & Travel”