MFM now have Junction View ?

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Peisqo

MFM now have Junction View ?

Postby Peisqo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I last updated my nuvi 255W. The last I checked here, I remember we just starting to have junction view and we had 2 versions (1 with and 1 without junction view). Now I can't seem to find it anymore. Have I gone crazy and MFM never had junction view? or what happened to it now =/

Does this : http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?p=123970#p123970 have junction view and lane assist?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: MFM now have Junction View ?

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:02 pm

Peisqo wrote:Hi guys,

It's been a while since I last updated my nuvi 255W. The last I checked here, I remember we just starting to have junction view and we had 2 versions (1 with and 1 without junction view). Now I can't seem to find it anymore. Have I gone crazy and MFM never had junction view? or what happened to it now =/

Does this : viewtopic.php?p=123970#p123970 have junction view and lane assist?

Two versions of MfM map exists
1. CGS compiled version which is updated more frequently but do not have JCV / Lane Assist, downloaded from MfM website
2. MfM-Garmin compiled version which is updated quarterly but has JCV / Lane Assist. Only for localize Nuvi and downloaded from Garmin Singapore website

Peisqo

Postby Peisqo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:42 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
Peisqo wrote:Hi guys,

Does this : http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?p=123970#p123970 have junction view and lane assist?

Two versions of MfM map exists
1. CGS compiled version which is updated more frequently but do not have JCV / Lane Assist, downloaded from MfM website
2. MfM-Garmin compiled version which is updated quarterly but has JCV / Lane Assist. Only for localize Nuvi and downloaded from Garmin Singapore website

Ahh got it :) Thanks for the reply ... I also searched the Garmin Sg website and found the map but for 255W it says I need to use SD card to update. Can't find the guide on garmin's website. Any idea how to do it ? Throw the exe into SD card and then .....

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:55 pm

Peisqo wrote:Ahh got it :) Thanks for the reply ... I also searched the Garmin Sg website and found the map but for 255W it says I need to use SD card to update. Can't find the guide on garmin's website. Any idea how to do it ? Throw the exe into SD card and then .....

I did not realise that most GPS users do not have an SD card. No wonder - you will be just making Garmin happy to repair your GPS for an a arm and a leg or sell you a replacement when you brick your GPS because of a corrupted map. I wonder why it is so difficult to protect your investment of a few hundreds with an SD card that costs just tens of whatever currency.

No you do not throw the exe file into the SD card but you run the exe file then generate the mapfile named as gmapsupp.img and copy this file into a \Garmin folder created in the SD card.
Lean not on your own understanding

Peisqo

Postby Peisqo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:30 am

JasonLee wrote:
Peisqo wrote:Ahh got it :) Thanks for the reply ... I also searched the Garmin Sg website and found the map but for 255W it says I need to use SD card to update. Can't find the guide on garmin's website. Any idea how to do it ? Throw the exe into SD card and then .....

I did not realise that most GPS users do not have an SD card. No wonder - you will be just making Garmin happy to repair your GPS for an a arm and a leg or sell you a replacement when you brick your GPS because of a corrupted map. I wonder why it is so difficult to protect your investment of a few hundreds with an SD card that costs just tens of whatever currency.

No you do not throw the exe file into the SD card but you run the exe file then generate the mapfile named as gmapsupp.img and copy this file into a \Garmin folder created in the SD card.

wah bro chill ... i do have an SD card but all these times i've been following guide from here which is almost idiot proof :thumbsup:

but this time wanted to try junction view so had to get from garmin website and since they say update from SD then i got confused already .. all this while just use mapsource ma ..

but I appreciate your help :) that worked out well .. thanks ... this thread can be closed ..

Return to “Newbie Lounge”