Help! Need map for Garmin Quest

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
spearo

Help! Need map for Garmin Quest

Postby spearo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:20 pm

hi all, I'm using Garmin Quest. After installing a new malfreemaps 12111xx through Mapsouce, all map details gone except the existing build in boundaries. Sad, I didn't keep copy and I can't find it any more. I need help to install back any My/Sg/Th maps that work for Quest. Anyone can link me here? thanks

tympg
Senior Mapper

Re: Help! Malfreemaps 1211xxx spoil my GPS render useless.

Postby tympg » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:05 am

The Garmin Quest series of hardware has been discontinued for some years now. The MfM Garmin maps available on this site since mid-2009 and at Garmin.com.sg are all NT-format maps, and hence not compatible with your unit.

We don't seem to have the old non-NT maps on our servers any more. Maybe some member reading this has a local copy (MfM v1.62) somewhere which can be shared with our members who have such older hardware.

The title of this thread is quite misleading really.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Help! Need map for Garmin Quest

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:00 am

Bro Spearo, I had edited the subject to suite your needs.

If you need a copy of map v1.62 which suits your Garmin Quest, please PM me link to forward to you. The map file size is 40Mb.

spearo

Re: Help! Malfreemaps 1211xxx spoil my GPS render useless.

Postby spearo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:43 am

tympg wrote:The Garmin Quest series of hardware has been discontinued for some years now. The MfM Garmin maps available on this site since mid-2009 and at Garmin.com.sg are all NT-format maps, and hence not compatible with your unit.

We don't seem to have the old non-NT maps on our servers any more. Maybe some member reading this has a local copy (MfM v1.62) somewhere which can be shared with our members who have such older hardware.

The title of this thread is quite misleading really.

Thank you so much for the reply. My apologies about the title, my bad. I get clearer picture now what is NT-format, thanks. Yeah, the maps I'm using is longer than 2009 and thanks again for highlighting the suitable version.

Alex

spearo

Postby spearo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:21 pm

silverbeauty wrote:Bro Spearo, I had edited the subject to suite your needs.

If you need a copy of map v1.62 which suits your Garmin Quest, please PM me link to forward to you. The map file size is 40Mb.

silverbeauty wrote:Bro Spearo, I had edited the subject to suite your needs.

PM sent. Thank you so much, Silverbeauty. Sorry about the title and thanks for correcting it :thumbsup: .

I hope I can do some contribution here but I'm having headache whatever come to software thingy. Let me do introduction here in Newbie Lounge.

Garmin Quest is my favourite portable unit beside Lowrance Globalmap. Both of this are build tough to stand rain and non-stop bouncing from boat helm to floor. That's the best part of them, nothing else compare to the advance unit nowadays.

My 1st gps was Magellan, just numbers no map. I bought Mapcreate when Lowrance produce one of the earliest handheld mapping GPS (b&w), this rm0.5k CD only show approx. five roads in KL city. What GPS are so much fun today was because of the great efforts from all the amazing mappers/contributors here and Malsing. Never imagine it can be improve so fast. Beside GPS, I'm a Mapking user too for HP6515, it last me less than 2 months after finished out the 3x password quota. So, I switch to free MapopolisPPC.

I have few waypoints... about 100++ for those likes fishing and diving at east coast. Most of it working but Artificial Reef might become smaller over the time. Scan before you dive: [url="https://www.dropbox.com/s/cqlojae6707voos/Alx%20Fishing%20WP20130219.gdb"]Waypoints[/url]

spearo

Postby spearo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:13 am

silverbeauty wrote:Bro Spearo,

-BUMP-

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:32 am

spearo wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:Bro Spearo,

-BUMP-

Bro spearo, did you get the map from my dropbox ?

jackim

Postby jackim » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:01 am

Is their any updates regarding to Garmin Quest guys?

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:17 am

jackim wrote:Is their any updates regarding to Garmin Quest guys?

Garmin Quest is a discontinued product.
Our maps now support the newer NT technology map which Quest cannot use.
You need to update your hardware to use our map

Return to “Newbie Lounge”