Sungai Lembing Places Of Interest - GPS Location

Share general news, ideas and discussions about GPS and GPS navigation

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discuss general GPS and GPS navigation topics only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
cjb

Sungai Lembing Places Of Interest - GPS Location

Postby cjb » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi, everyone

I am planning to drive up to Kuantan Sungai Lembing to stays for a few days and tour around the area. I heard of climbing up the mountain to check out the sunrise, rainbow waterfall, roasted pork, Yong Tau fu and others. But I would like to know the gps location especially the rest house at Sungai Lembing. I hope you guys can share the information or even can help to advise me of some good staying rest house there. Below are some location I hope to visit. Hope you guys can share the gps location. Thank you very much.

Sungai Lembing - GPS Location

1. SUNGAI LEMBING REST HOUSE
No. 26, Main Street, Sg Lembing, 26200 Kuantan, Pahang Darul Makmur.

2. Country View Inn

3. Sungai Lembing’s famous Crystal House

4. Jambatan Gantung (Suspention Bridge)

5. Sg. Lembing Food Court

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Sungai Lembing Places Of Interest - GPS Location

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:13 pm

cjb wrote:Hi, everyone

I am planning to drive up to Kuantan Sungai Lembing to stays for a few days and tour around the area. I heard of climbing up the mountain to check out the sunrise, rainbow waterfall, roasted pork, Yong Tau fu and others. But I would like to know the gps location especially the rest house at Sungai Lembing. I hope you guys can share the information or even can help to advise me of some good staying rest house there. Below are some location I hope to visit. Hope you guys can share the gps location. Thank you very much.

Sungai Lembing - GPS Location

1. SUNGAI LEMBING REST HOUSE
No. 26, Main Street, Sg Lembing, 26200 Kuantan, Pahang Darul Makmur.

2. Country View Inn

3. Sungai Lembing’s famous Crystal House

4. Jambatan Gantung (Suspention Bridge)

5. Sg. Lembing Food Court

Bro CJB, please do not multi-post same subject. It takes up space and bandwidth [-X
Please be patient with the respond.
Your other 2 posts had been deleted. :tq:

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Postby chinwy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:08 pm

SL is a very small place. When are you planning your trip? Except for the crystal pace most of them are within stone throw. BTW, There are 3 suspension bridge for the record. You want to visit all of them or the one most frequent?

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Postby chinwy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:58 pm

1. SUNGAI LEMBING REST HOUSE >> Just a couple of doors away from #2.

2. Country View Inn >> N3 55.016 E103 02.110

3. Sungai Lembing’s famous Crystal House >>N3 53.916 E103 02.089

4. Jambatan Gantung (Suspention Bridge) >>
#1 @ N3 54.362 E103 01.855
#2 @ N3 54.571 E103 01.752
#3 @ N3 55.682 E103 02.176

They are all entry points could be either side of river. Normally "foreigners" will visit bridge #1. BTW, this bridge has a ghost story tag to it. Not too sure if the locals can remember. Found it in one of my research work many years ago. If you do cross this bridge, do take a walk (300meters total) left away from the shops into the kampong. Keep left as you reach a fork road to be by the river. There is quite a good scenic view you can get from there.

There are actually 2 more bridges further downstream but adjacent concrete bridge under construction to replace existing wooden bridge (shame as it spoil the charm to the place) and the place is mess up. Would otherwise be nice to visit. There is one more but i need to confirm if it still exist (across Sg Kuantan) in the orang asli settlement.

5. Sg. Lembing Food Court >>N3 55.023 E103 02.119

Will get them updated soon in the maps. I have heaps of data to process after my recent reccee there. It will include more internal roads and POI.

cjb

Postby cjb » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi, everyone

Sorry for the very very late response. As was busy!!! :lol: :lol: Thank you for your response for below. Your help will be greatly appreacited. May I also ask you expert. Which version of mfm map with road and location of the following places? Because I have update my gps with the latest map below cannot find below places using the map database. I hope you guys can help. Thank you very much.

Places which mfm map can locate:

1. RINA BALINESE RESORT (丽娜巴厘岛度假村) - JB
Lot 2515, Jalan Seelong Jaya 6, Kampung Seelong Jaya,
81400 Senai. Johor. Malaysia

2. UK AGRO RESORT (休闲农场) - JB
Plot 8, Project Pertanian Moden Kluang Km13
Jalan Batu Pahat Kluang

chinwy wrote:1. SUNGAI LEMBING REST HOUSE >> Just a couple of doors away from #2.

2. Country View Inn >> N3 55.016 E103 02.110

3. Sungai Lembing’s famous Crystal House >>N3 53.916 E103 02.089

4. Jambatan Gantung (Suspention Bridge) >>
#1 @ N3 54.362 E103 01.855
#2 @ N3 54.571 E103 01.752
#3 @ N3 55.682 E103 02.176

They are all entry points could be either side of river. Normally "foreigners" will visit bridge #1. BTW, this bridge has a ghost story tag to it. Not too sure if the locals can remember. Found it in one of my research work many years ago. If you do cross this bridge, do take a walk (300meters total) left away from the shops into the kampong. Keep left as you reach a fork road to be by the river. There is quite a good scenic view you can get from there.

There are actually 2 more bridges further downstream but adjacent concrete bridge under construction to replace existing wooden bridge (shame as it spoil the charm to the place) and the place is mess up. Would otherwise be nice to visit. There is one more but i need to confirm if it still exist (across Sg Kuantan) in the orang asli settlement.

5. Sg. Lembing Food Court >>N3 55.023 E103 02.119

Will get them updated soon in the maps. I have heaps of data to process after my recent reccee there. It will include more internal roads and POI.

gpsbbe

Postby gpsbbe » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:31 pm

Sungai Lembing new POI :-

1) Lembing Public Library N3.91606 E103.03587

2) Persatuan Hainan Sg Lembing N3.91720 E103.03519

Pls update, tq.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General GPS Forum”