Garmin Nuvi 1250

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
joelton12345

Re: HELP!the pc unable detect my 1250

Postby joelton12345 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:56 am

earlier the stage all the created map move to the sd card already, just the MSM map unable create at the sd card, because can't found the file name. So when updating hv to connect the gps only can update the MSM map from garmin website. If you told me to create another MSM map, is the will crash the MSM map in the garmin system file? sorry MFM map no problem, just MSM updating problem only. (pc unable detect garmin set due to factory preload and unable found out in system file)

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:54 pm

joelton12345 wrote:earlier the stage all the created map move to the sd card already, just the MSM map unable create at the sd card, because can't found the file name. So when updating hv to connect the gps only can update the MSM map from garmin website. If you told me to create another MSM map, is the will crash the MSM map in the garmin system file? sorry MFM map no problem, just MSM updating problem only. (pc unable detect garmin set due to factory preload and unable found out in system file)

Update of MSM via Garmin installer updater will put map file into MainMemory/system directory under file name gmaprom.img. You will have to remove SD card during update. After update you can manually move this file into SD/map directory and rename that file to whatever name you want.

cwtang

Postby cwtang » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:49 pm

I also own a 1250 recently, i also can't detect my 1250 on my pc at 1st, until 1 day i discover that i have to on the unit then plug-in to pc usb port, then ok.. now my pc can detect the unit. maybe u are just like mine, plug-in the unit b4 turning it on, it only charging not detecting. good luck.

joelton12345

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1250

Postby joelton12345 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:14 pm

sorry,I hv explore all over my garmin system file, unable detect the gmaprom.img in my garmin set, maybe they now hv build in the file hidden and unable move out? who face this problem before?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:56 am

joelton12345 wrote:sorry,I hv explore all over my garmin system file, unable detect the gmaprom.img in my garmin set, maybe they now hv build in the file hidden and unable move out? who face this problem before?

Preloaded map are stored in Main Memory / system directory. By default,this is a hidden directory. You need to enable Windows to show hidden files.

joelton12345

Postby joelton12345 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:33 pm

still unable find it even I have enable windows show hidden files, actually in which folder? me also blurr how to find it, no hidden files at all. pls help again?

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:46 pm

joelton12345 wrote:still unable find it even I have enable windows show hidden files, actually in which folder? me also blurr how to find it, no hidden files at all. pls help again?

See picture below which represents the contents of a Nuvi 1350 contents for Main Memory and /system.

In Main Memory, you have to "enable" via Windows OS to display the "hidden" files ...after which the /system directory should show.

In the /system you should see the gmapprom and the gmaprom1 which should represent the map data for Garmin Navteq NT and MSM NT map respectively. If your /system does not contain these files, then you have to check with whom you bought it from for help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

joelton12345

Postby joelton12345 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:55 pm

strange, your 1350 got system file, how come after I hv enable the hidden file function still unable to saw the file you told me. I hv asked the original shop that sold garmin to me, he said unable to move one because must stay at the original place. yours one can move? if move is that the system file corrupted?

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:48 pm

joelton12345 wrote:strange, your 1350 got system file, how come after I hv enable the hidden file function still unable to saw the file you told me. I hv asked the original shop that sold garmin to me, he said unable to move one because must stay at the original place. yours one can move? if move is that the system file corrupted?

Your shop is unfamiliar with the functions of the Nuvi. You can move / copy the system files from an existing Nuvi to your Nuvi ( must be same model ) but not the maps as it is locked to Unit ID. However you cannot have two system files.

WITHOUT the files in the /system directory, your Garmin is as good as a paper weight :mrgreen: It is like having a PC without Windows OS :-'

What OS are you using in your PC / Lappy ?

Please refer to this link for Win7 OS to display hidden files http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutoria ... al151.html

joelton12345

Postby joelton12345 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:34 pm

i purchase thorugh online one, the seller told me if move the MSM map to sd card will cause the junction view unable function? is that correct? I think the map is build it together with the garmin set? is that correct, sorry if I wrong. he also told me to view the system file by selecting view hidden file function.

Return to “GPS Devices”