Melaka Trip coming Sun 21st Dec - 22nd Dec

Share your trip photos, tracklogs, experience & tips. Ask the locals info about your planned destination.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
WeiQi00
Polygon Mapper

Re: Melaka Trip coming Sun 21st Dec - 22nd Dec

Postby WeiQi00 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:24 pm

texantel wrote:
mfm88 wrote:Bro nazri14,

Does the Jonker St Pasar Malam opens on Sundays ?

Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.

Hi bro texantel,
what is the Business hour for the Pasar malam ? 6pm to 9pm ? :thumbsup:
I think there is difficult to get car parking, any recommand car parking place ? :mrgreen:
:thumbsup:Our maps are FREE but we need funds to keep this site going. Please support our HOSTING FUND =D> =D> =D>
Thanks for your support. :tq:

stimix

Postby stimix » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:53 pm

That Pasar Malam is more like Tourist pasar malam instead of normal pasar malam..selling souvenirs except the sell fruits, pineapple tarts & etc too..

There is a parking operators at:

N2 11.888 E102 14.779
or u can park free further at the road parking lots surrounding the popiah shop at
N2 11.874 E102 14.669 or here N2 11.856 E102 14.624

Another way is to park at the other end near the museum ground at N2 11.619 E102 14.911
ImageImage
ImageImage

texantel
Valued Contributor

Postby texantel » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:24 pm

For me... i will more love to park here N2 11.662 E102 14.790 :mrgreen:

Business hour is about 6.30 PM to 11.30 P.M

edgarchen
Valued Contributor

Postby edgarchen » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi, Guys

I'm back in 1 piece.. Eat all the recommended.. But din get to the tourist attractions around the Hotel.. 1 Day stay is simply too short.. But overall.. My family and I have tasted the Nonya dishes, the Teochew cuisine, the kueh kueh, buying of local foodstuffs.. Having Herbal Tea.. Bought bead shoes... And I also help to promote MFM campaign by putting on my DIY T-shirt.. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately I din get to try the Popiah in Bunga Raya.. Din open in Sun and Mon :cry:
And we din took the Melaka Cruise, went over in the late evening.. Din see any boarding pontoon or ticketing booth.. when I went over to the Melaka River Windmill..

But we took trishaw ride and went over to "Eye on Malaysia" to compensate.. :thumbsup:

And I also found the correct coordinates to this error Hidden Temple (N2 13.565 E102 39.430) in Malfreemaps.. Leading me to a reclaimed patch of land.. as if there is further development of private housing in the neighborhood.
.. And I din get to see the 12 zodiac altar.. as part of the temple is undergoing construction..
(Sorry I din get any pictures of the temple..)

I also discover several missing Traffic Lights POI.. which I wonder if they are included into the v1.30 :-k (Will post up all POIs once I have them oganize)

I will update my pictures again.. :peace:
Everyone contribute a bit, eventually we can enjoy and benefit more in our navigation. :thumbsup:

edgarchen
Valued Contributor

Postby edgarchen » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:57 am

Hi, bros and sis.

Seasons Greetings to everyone.. Hope you spend a romantic and Merry Christmas.. looking forward to the New Year 2009.

I shall continue my 1st roadtrip to Melaka City with my family.

Day 1 - 21st Dec 0530hrs

We set out our journey towards the 2nd Link Checkpoint for customs clearance.
We reach there around 0550hrs, smooth traffic, no jams, see about 20 Singapore cars..
By 0605hrs we cleared the both checkpoint and ready for go down Muar City for breakfast. Going for Leng Kee Bak Kut Teh in Muar.

Its a fine morning, the weather is cool, refreshing and I'm feeling very freshen up.. We continue throughout without stopover.. And while driving, the sky slowly breaks dawn.
And we arrive by Pagoh exit by 0730hrs and continue driving towards Muar City.
After half an hour traveling, we arrive over in Muar.
I miss my shortcut by turning into Jalan Bentayan (N2 03.028 E102 34.291), as I blindly follow the routing my the GPS, and I end up turning into Jalan Sayang (N2 02.768 E102 34.062).
Over on this lane, GPS direct me to go straight ahead.. But there is a only 1 way traffic turning left only.. So I end up turning into Jalan Ali (N2 02.776 E102 34.109). There is a wet market right beside Jalan Ali after Glutton Street, and some stalls along the road.. people shopping around so traffic is slow..
We also drove pass Glutton Street of Muar.
Maybe its still too early, most of the stalls has not been set up yet.

Finally we arrived over Leng Kee by 0800am. There is already customers dining breakfast before us.

And we ordered the following dishes;

Trotters in vinegar

Assam Fish

Claypot Bak Kut Teh

Sambal Prawns with Petai

We ordered 1 plate of stirred-fried sweet potato veggies... I think I forget to snap a photo.

(For Muslims forumers, some of the pictures of food posted up are not halal, if you find them offensive, let me know, I will take them down.)

And here is a picture of me in my customized T-shirt. :thumbsup:

All of us like the dishes, except Mummy find the herbs in the bak kut teh too strong.
The bill is around 80-85RM. Its reasonable price.
Everyone contribute a bit, eventually we can enjoy and benefit more in our navigation. :thumbsup:

fancheng
Senior Mapper

Postby fancheng » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:56 am

edgarchen wrote:And here is a picture of me in my customized T-shirt. :thumbsup:

Nice food u having there =P~ . How much pay for MFM customized T-shirt.

pauchai
Regional Mapper

Postby pauchai » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:57 am

bro edgarcheng,
MFM T-shirt ? Where did you get it? I also want to buy leh... =P~ =P~ =P~
http://www.facebook.com/xuandefengshui

edgarchen
Valued Contributor

Postby edgarchen » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:02 pm

Day 1 0900hrs - Hunt for the Hidden Chinese Temple in Bkt Gambir.

After having breakfast, "battery recharge" :mrgreen:, we set off to Bkt Gambir to search for the Hidden Chinese Temple in Bkt Gambir

The POI coordinates for the Chinese Temple given in Malfreemaps is N2 13.565 E102 39.430.

To my surprise, when I arrive over at the POI around 0930hrs, we did not see any sight of building from 200m from the main road. All I see is bare land, dug for further development of housing estate.. as the private housing around the area looks new.

So we drove back to Jalan Gambir 8 (N2 12.875 E102 39.129), and we saw a temple building on our right. We turn into Jalan Gambir 8/5 (N2 12.850 E102 39.121) and then into Jalan Gambir 8/2 (N2 12.848 E102 39.044) and arrive over to the temple (N2 12.779 E102 39.029).

There is no proper tar road right at the entrance of the temple. And some areas are still under-construction. Some of the sculptures I saw, are similar to those I see in the blog.. i suppose the temple has moved over to this new location.. :-k I din get to see the 12 Zodiac Deities and the tall 'Kuan Yin Statue'. :(

The name of this temple is Ohker Liam Temple (N2 12.779 E102 39.029).

(Sorry, I did not take down any photos in the temple. My mum tell me that its disrespectful to take pictures.) [-X

We buy joss sticks and joss papers to do praying, for blessings to our family and safely in our trip. :thumbsup:
Last edited by edgarchen on Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edgarchen
Valued Contributor

Postby edgarchen » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:14 pm

fancheng wrote:
Nice food u having there =P~ . How much pay for MFM customized T-shirt.

pauchai wrote:bro edgarchen,
MFM T-shirt ? Where did you get it? I also want to buy leh... =P~ =P~ =P~

Hi, fancheng and pauchai

This T-shirt is DIY :mrgreen: . I made it myself using "Iron-On" printing paper. :thumbsup:
I simply copy out the logos that bro sulphur has posted up and I add in the wordings using paintshop myself.

Plain Giordano T-shirt Promotional - Each T-shirt is $5 [min. 3 pcs] Total = S$15
Buy those "Iron-on" Deskjet paper 4R size @ Courts (Total 10 pcs per pack) - S$12

For each T-shirt I use 2 pcs of "Iron-on paper", so roughly the price is exactly S$7.40.
So next time SG GG I can put on.. :mrgreen:

edgarchen
Valued Contributor

Postby edgarchen » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:50 pm

Day 1 1000hrs - Depart for Melaka City - Jalan Hang Jebat (Jonker Walk)

After offerings our prayers, we set driving to Melaka City to look for Nyonya Bean Shoes and have lunch.

Some hiccups happen along the way, I almost drove into Jalan Hang Jebat (Jonker Walk) when I exit at the roundabout after passing Chung Hua Chicken Rice Stall :oops: ..
Lucky I'm able to reverse my car out after I notice some cars driving towards me a distance away :shock: ..
And 1 uncle standing by the side of the road stopping me.. He must be thinking this tourist must be 1st time coming over.. :lol:
You can see this in my tracklogs "Depart Temple head down to Jonker Walk Cp" in my attachment. Location: N2 11.702 E102 14.895 #-o (This is a human error, has nothing wrong with the map)

We arrive at the carpark around 1100hrs. The carpark is an open compound with 1 attendant watching over. $3RM per entry. :)

And we walk around shopping.. Its a fine & hot day..
And we arrive a bean shoe store @ (N2 11.751 E102 14.764), along Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock. (I forget the name of the store, need to check on the imprinted plastic bag)

Auntie, Grandma and Mum starts to choose and pick.. While I take some pictures.

High Heels somemore :shock: .. Fashionable

Granny's foot putting on shoe

And she finally settle for this pair.

I also want my picture with the shoes.. \:D/

Shoes on the shelves.

According to the lady boss, for the past few weeks, there is an increase in sales.. She is coping and rushing with her orders..
I think must be our local SG drama series; The Little Nyonya 【小娘惹】, increasing the popularity of Nyonya dressing. So local SG Nyonya fans all went over to Melaka to buy.

To be continued.........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by edgarchen on Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Holiday & Travel”