Garmin Nuvi 2200 / 2300.

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
simseair
Valued Contributor

Garmin Nuvi 2200 / 2300.

Postby simseair » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:07 pm

Two new nuvi series - 2200 and 2300.

http://gpstracklog.com/2010/09/garmin-n ... #more-7249
Garminnuvi2360LT.jpg

Garmin announced two new budget series today, the nuvi 2200 and 2300 product lines. Both come equipped with multi-destination routing, as well as the trafficTrends (historical road speed database) and myTrends features recently introduced on the nuvi 3700 series. The 2200 series will will utilize a 3.5” touchscreen, while the 2300 series will have a 4.3” screen and allow users to “preview multiple routes.” Models with an LT designation will include lifetime traffic.

The 2360LT will feature Bluetooth, a dual orientation screen, and 3D terrain. Here are the model numbers being announced, along with map coverage:

* 2200, 2300 – Lower 48 states
* 2250, 2250LT, 2350, 2350LT and 2360LT – US, Canada and Mexico
* 2370LT – North America and Europe

I’ll update this post with product links and anticipated delivery dates once those are available.

Here’s the full news release:

Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd., the global leader in satellite navigation, today announced two new series of budget-friendly nüvi personal navigation devices. The nüvi 2200 and nüvi 2300 families feature multi-stop route planning, route previews and innovative nüRoute technology with trafficTrends™ and myTrends™ to make the daily commute or vacation travel easier than ever.

“Mixing business with pleasure, the feature-filled 2200 and 2300 products prove there’s a nüvi for every lifestyle and every budget,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin’s vice president of worldwide sales. “At work, at home and on vacation, we’re all trying to do more with less, and these nüvis can help you save time, save money and save gas every day, on every trip.”

For the busy parent or college student focused on multi-tasking and making the most of every minute and dollar, the nüvi 2200 series with a 3.5” touchscreen interface fits easily into a pocket or purse, features easy-to-use multi-stop routing to plan daily errands and activities, and includes Garmin’s ecoRoute fuel-efficient navigation to help drivers conserve fuel and money along the way (http://www.garmin.com/ecoroute). For those everyday trips, nüvi 2200 models automatically remember your frequent favorite destinations and use myTrends to predict your destination without you needing to activate a route, displaying your travel time and best route. For vacations, nüvi 2200 models’ enhanced pedestrian mode can provide public transit options through optional cityXplorer™ content. Available for many major cities and areas at http://www.garmin.com, cityXplorer helps you navigate like a local by foot or using a combination of buses, metro and suburban rail systems.

For the jet-set professional heading across town or across the world, nüvi 2300 models feature a widescreen 4.3” touchscreen display that lets users preview multiple routes. Cross-country travelers and commuters alike will appreciate the high-end features of the nüvi 2360LT without the high-end price tag. Wherever their appointments take them, nüvi 2360LT owners can go hands-free with Bluetooth wireless technology and compatible phones, or get efficient routing and realistic arrival times with trafficTrends, which recommends routes using historical data and recurring trends that Garmin has collected about traffic in your area at any given time of day. Many of the new nüvi models even feature free lifetime traffic alerts, denoted by the “LT” in the product name.

The dual orientation of nüvi 2360LT is ideal for use while driving or walking, as it lets users see their preloaded maps and intuitive menus in landscape or portrait modes. And the road ahead comes to life with nüvi 2360LT through 3D terrain and shaded topography that provides unrivaled context and situational awareness. When driving, travelers with nüvi 2360LT and other compatible nüvis can tap into ecoRoute HD, an easy-to-install device that transforms nüvi into a real-time diagnostic computer. This not only provides fuel and mileage reports, but you get more accurate fuel consumption/conservation data by tapping into the vehicle’s diagnostic system.

All of the newly announced models in the 2200 series and 2300 series feature millions of preloaded points of interest and turn-by-turn directions with spoken street names, and certain models feature a speed limit indicator that displays speed limits for most major roads and alerts drivers who are exceeding the limit. Preloaded mapping is also enhanced as North American coverage (2250, 2250LT, 2350, 2350LT and 2360LT) includes Mexico. Coverage of the lower 48 states (2200, 2300) now also includes Hawaii, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Grand Bahama Island, Nassau and the Cayman Islands. The transatlantic model, nüvi 2370LT, includes detailed mapping for North America and Europe.

To compare features and find the best nüvi for your activities, budget and lifestyle, visit http://www.garmin.com/ontheroad and use the helpful sort and compare filters. For more about pricing and availability, as well as information about Garmin’s other products and services, go to http://www.garmin.com, http://www.garmin.blogs.com and http://www.garmin.com/pr.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Re: New Nuvis

Postby tlchuan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:43 pm

:$gone: :$gone: :$gone: my 255w feel old already :cry:

edgarchen
Valued Contributor

Postby edgarchen » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:27 am

The factor of these models being cheap compared to nuvi 3790, is based on the differences in weight, resolution display and the material made for the screen.
On top of that, its not (multi-touch) for these models, :-k I dun understand what could this mean. (eg. Cannot drag and enlarge?)

When comparing between, Nuvi 3790T and Nuvi 2360LT
Comparsion Chart

Overall, hopful to see more budget affordable prices bringing into Garmin SG/MY version.
Everyone contribute a bit, eventually we can enjoy and benefit more in our navigation. :thumbsup:

badrol
Polygon Mapper

Postby badrol » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:43 pm

tlchuan wrote::$gone: :$gone: :$gone: my 255w feel old already :cry:

Then my 200 is a really-really old :cry:
ImageImageImage

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:17 pm

edgarchen wrote:The factor of these models being cheap compared to nuvi 3790, is based on the differences in weight, resolution display and the material made for the screen.
On top of that, its not (multi-touch) for these models, :-k I dun understand what could this mean. (eg. Cannot drag and enlarge?)

When comparing between, Nuvi 3790T and Nuvi 2360LT
Comparsion Chart

Overall, hopful to see more budget affordable prices bringing into Garmin SG/MY version.

Edgar, It means cannot emulate the "apple" like function, finger pinching/opening on screen results in map being magnified / shrunk, Twin touch also can rotate map or change from 2D to 3D etc.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thexder

Postby Thexder » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:31 pm

badrol wrote:
tlchuan wrote::$gone: :$gone: :$gone: my 255w feel old already :cry:

Then my 200 is a really-really old :cry:

My Nuvi 610 is lagi older :mrgreen:

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:50 pm

new or old, as long as it brings u to your destination is most important
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

AW*
Valued Contributor

Postby AW* » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:43 pm

agreed agreed. can still use, unless and until discontinue support for our models (e.g. firmware update, problem servicing, etc), our units are still usable and still relevant. may need to use some "creativity" to circumvent certain limitations, for example - no Route function, no problem - route it on mapsource and download to device.

but i wonder how many of the "attractive" features on the newer models (e.g. traffic update, traffic trend, etc) will be relevant and usable to msian drivers? major roads in msian cities are mostly congested due to bad planning...no traffic updates and traffic reports will change that...only possible to hit "detour" each time you hit a traffic jam? :mrgreen:
" The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Ghandi
" In matters of conscience, the law of majority has no place." - Mahatma Ghandi

255W,1460, 2465 & 2465LM

hongaun

Re: Garmin Nuvi 2200 / 2300.

Postby hongaun » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:26 am

Can this model be used with MFM maps? I'm in the states now and currently this model (nuvi 2300) is being offered at USD 119 (So meaning abt MYR 360-MYR400).
Hope can get a reply soon in this topic within these few hours as I'll be heading out to the store soon (I know its dead morning over there back in MY/SG).

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin Nuvi 2200 / 2300.

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:53 am

hongaun wrote:Can this model be used with MFM maps? I'm in the states now and currently this model (nuvi 2300) is being offered at USD 119 (So meaning abt MYR 360-MYR400).
Hope can get a reply soon in this topic within these few hours as I'll be heading out to the store soon (I know its dead morning over there back in MY/SG).

This should work with MFM maps. Just download the installer from our download site. Run the installer to generate the gmapsupp.img and put it in the SD card/garmin directory. Take note to remove polygons during the generation of maps.

Return to “GPS Devices”