Same Map Different Result?

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for other areas.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Same Map Different Result?

Postby drsec » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:52 am

I am using a 2 Nuvis and a GMXT on my HTC HD.

My map is the latest MFM combined with SRTM WM and SRTM EM.

Same combined map loaded into all 3 devices.

On both the Nuvis, the colored contour polygons can be seem with the contour heights. But on GMXT, the contours are just lines with no colored polygons and missing contour heights.

Tried zooming, no change.

Any comments to this?

rajabalak

Re: Same Map Different Result?

Postby rajabalak » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:06 am

I know what you mean, luckily my Colorado 400t don't have this problem, but it happen on my PC as I am using map-source v6.15.11, my laptop using v6.13 have no problem.

I've PM this but no respond so far. best is to get rid of that colored polygon, it look nice but not practical, when you do the actual jungle tracking, you can't see the contour line unless turning on the back-light full, this will eat up the battery in no time, which we all try to avoid when staying in the jungle few days at a time, it is "life threatening" so to speak.

A way to get around it would be install toppo map separately, then you can turn it on or off in the "map" option, so deep in the jungle, you only need toppo and turn off the rest of the maps.
GARMIN Montana 650 & 680, Monterra, GPSMAP 64s. :peace:

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Re: Same Map Different Result?

Postby drsec » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:09 am

Yup I did exactly that to resolve the problem some months ago. The Topo maps for West and East Malaysia were combined and put in the SD card. I can then switch off or on as I please.

After driving around without topo for a while, I found that I dont really need the topo and had since almost always switched it off completely.

When I went for my holidays last year, I replaced the topo map with the map of the country I visited. I have not put back the topo since then.

I am a happy camper.

Return to “Other Area Feedback”