China Map needed

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for other areas.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
vneo

China Map needed

Postby vneo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:33 am

Could all the masters here direct me to the download for a MFM for China.
I am using the Garmin Nuvi 1350, navigation for loacl anf malaysia is perfect.
Currently i had the city navigator version but it is crap. i had tried using it during my trip to Suzhou for the past 10 days, it gave all the wrong tracking, it is totally offset from the map actual route by ~ 100m. This is total crap

This zero down to the problem , the device is OK but the China map (city navigator version) is not good.

Hence i am seeking the help of all the Shi_Fu to help to prove a reliable China map for my download soon.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: China Map needed

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:05 am

vneo wrote:Could all the masters here direct me to the download for a MFM for China.
I am using the Garmin Nuvi 1350, navigation for loacl anf malaysia is perfect.
Currently i had the city navigator version but it is crap. i had tried using it during my trip to Suzhou for the past 10 days, it gave all the wrong tracking, it is totally offset from the map actual route by ~ 100m. This is total crap

This zero down to the problem , the device is OK but the China map (city navigator version) is not good.

Hence i am seeking the help of all the Shi_Fu to help to prove a reliable China map for my download soon.

CN China map from Garmin is one of the best map you can obtain of Continental China in PinYin, other than those that are preloaded when you buy a China made GPS.
The reason you experience the "offset" is because of China authorities ruling that an "offset" be program into unts that are purchased "outside" China. Only Garmin units purchased in China / Taiwan contain firmware capable of cancelling this offset.

Return to “Other Area Feedback”