Traffic lights at Jalan 1/108C and E9 error

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kuala Lumpur & Selangor. Mapper: Sunn

Moderators: shawchyn, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
netman36

Traffic lights at Jalan 1/108C and E9 error

Postby netman36 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:58 pm

Hi,

Really appreciate your effort to provide us such a nice map.

Below is my small little contribution to make the map even better:

1. There is a traffic light at Jalan 1/108C, Taman Sg Besi. N 03*05.629' E101*41.975'

2. When I travel from E9 towards KL (say from Salak Selatan to Ampang), assuming the distance is 1KM on E9, then 2KM on Jalan Sg Besi, then follow by 3KM on Jalan Tun Razak, Garmin XT will tell me to travel 1+2+3=6KM on E9 instead of splitting the distance into 3 different road. Not sure this is a map problem or software problem.

Thanks.

netman36

Re: Traffic lights at Jalan 1/108C and E9 error

Postby netman36 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:13 am

Sorry, one more thing to be enhanced.

From E9 reaching the seremban highway flyover near TUDM airport:

1. If we go Jln Tun Razak, we should keep right on the ramp and turn right at the circled area (Please see the red line on the attached map)
2. If we go Istana, we should keep left on the ramp, crossing the Seremban highway, then only go down to the Seremban highway. (Please see the blue line on the attached map)

Even though the two routes are actually joint together on the Seremban Highway, but the first route brings us to the right then go straight to Jalan Sg Besi while the second route brings us to the left then turn left at the coming junction.

I know it is complicated, but the current map confuses people due to the complexity of the road design.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sabelt
Polygon Mapper

Postby sabelt » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:27 am

Please pin point the error in .gdb format by using mapsource. Thank you.

netman36

Postby netman36 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:38 pm

sabelt wrote:Please pin point the error in .gdb format by using mapsource. Thank you.

Finally I have installed MapSource into my PC. I'm not sure whether I did it right or not, below are what I have done on the map:

1. Put a WayPoint to indicate traffic light location.
2. Create a route from Jalan 7/108C to Jalan Kelab Golf. You may see the second item in the direction is too brief. It just shows drive south east for 6.6km but in fact there are E9, Seremban highway, Jalan Sg Besi and Jalan Tun Razak in between the start and end point.

I couldn't manage to put the 'issue' I highlighted using Google Map in the previous post. It is at the junction between E9 and Seremban Highway and I guess the map is not detail enough to show that.

Just my little effort to help to make the map better.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “KL & Selangor Map Feedback”