Batang Kali

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kuala Lumpur & Selangor. Mapper: Sunn

Moderators: shawchyn, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Re: Batang Kali

Postby tuah » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:00 pm

simseair wrote:Bro Tuah,

Yes, I have seen the tracklog. 170 kB. Fantastic. The normal tracklog size submitted is usually 20 ~ 30 kB. A lot of long lonely stretch. I hope it is not too remote. Always worried should I get into trouble when I am in a remote place. Also, the ends are always the cemeteries. :( :( My estimate is that you easily spend 4 ~ 5 hours to collect those tracks, not to mention the travelling time to the site. Good job by you and Bro Badrol.

170kB? huh :shock: I didn't notice that. All I know is to cover every inch of the roads. But have time and fuel constrains. :prayer: I had experience tracking palm oil plantation areas before but this one is really huge. I'm afraid I might tracking a huge circle and run out of petrol then I'll surely :cry: Luckily I manage to find my way back to the main road. \:D/ Yes lonely and how to call for help. Giving the coordinate also members cannot come to the rescue :mrgreen: And also my wife call me to return home to send my kid back to hostel. Haiya so close to cover all roads but yet so far ](*,) I'm still not satisfied and NO it didn't brake my previous non-stop tracking time record! [-X I thought I want to surprise Bro Badrol :D but anyway just KIV first, we'll do it later and fill all the blank areas. =P~ Hopefully bro Badrol kampung will soon all covered! :peace:

simseair
Valued Contributor

Postby simseair » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:48 am

tuah wrote:
simseair wrote:Bro Tuah,

Yes, I have seen the tracklog. 170 kB. Fantastic. The normal tracklog size submitted is usually 20 ~ 30 kB. A lot of long lonely stretch. I hope it is not too remote. Always worried should I get into trouble when I am in a remote place. Also, the ends are always the cemeteries. :( :( My estimate is that you easily spend 4 ~ 5 hours to collect those tracks, not to mention the travelling time to the site. Good job by you and Bro Badrol.

170kB? huh :shock: I didn't notice that. All I know is to cover every inch of the roads. But have time and fuel constrains. :prayer: I had experience tracking palm oil plantation areas before but this one is really huge. I'm afraid I might tracking a huge circle and run out of petrol then I'll surely :cry: Luckily I manage to find my way back to the main road. \:D/ Yes lonely and how to call for help. Giving the coordinate also members cannot come to the rescue :mrgreen: And also my wife call me to return home to send my kid back to hostel. Haiya so close to cover all roads but yet so far ](*,) I'm still not satisfied and NO it didn't brake my previous non-stop tracking time record! [-X I thought I want to surprise Bro Badrol :D but anyway just KIV first, we'll do it later and fill all the blank areas. =P~ Hopefully bro Badrol kampung will soon all covered! :peace:

Yes, I know the feeling when you try to cover every inch of the road and then you run out of time or worry about not having enough petrol. Also, with the wife calling, it is not a pleasant feeling. The other thing is that you will be going deeper and deeper into the area and you do not know if you are going to be safe. If your car gets into any problem, like getting stuck in a pothole or having a puncture, then you will get really worried especially when you are in a remote and unfamiliar area. Feeling of thrill at a new place but not sure if you will be safe. So do take care.

I remember I used to get lost in a plantation while riding a bike during my younger days. That was way before there is GPS. The roads all looked the same. You will be going into each area, not knowing if it is the right way to go home. Fuel is running out and the evening is turning into night. Nowadays, with a hand held GPS, no problem about getting lost. Only the urge to go deeper and deeper in an unfamiliar area.

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby tuah » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:52 pm

DC and New housing area (UC)

Updated 670 -sunn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby tuah » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:44 am

One way

Updated 688 -sunn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ronchan
Polygon Mapper
Location: IPOH mali (Ruvo Avox UMPC + 探险家Columbus V-700 + GMPC / nRoute, HTC touch dual + GMXT)

Postby ronchan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:25 am

Pls remove Econsave Uc status and rename to Econsave Batang Kali, is in business now.
:tq:

Updated 700 -sunn
House Number Project - begin from your house.

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby tuah » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:24 pm

Batang Kali Update

Updated 761 -sunn

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby tuah » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:36 pm

Batang kali new roads & POIs

Updated 761 -sunn

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Postby eddy_duyung » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:30 pm

New tracklog near Batang Kali

File sent to dropbox allready-eddy_duyung-Ulu Hamzah unpaved Road.gdb

TQVM

Updated 816 -sunn
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

amamat
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby amamat » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:21 am

A few tracks and POIs in Selangor and KL.

Dropbox "Batang Kali"

Updated 854 -sunn

Return to “KL & Selangor Map Feedback”