Sunway Pyramid New Wing to PJU 1A/1C - Not able to Cal Route

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kuala Lumpur & Selangor. Mapper: Sunn

Moderators: shawchyn, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ttlim21

Sunway Pyramid New Wing to PJU 1A/1C - Not able to Cal Route

Postby ttlim21 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:45 pm

Map: MFM 20100201

Hi,

Using the above map, Garmin had reported not able to calculate route from Sunway Pyramid New Wing to PJU 1A/1C.

Kindly assist to fix.

Thanks.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Re: Sunway Pyramid New Wing to PJU 1A/1C - Not able to Cal Route

Postby antyong (retired) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:56 pm

Sorry, it is not possible to fix. Garmin seems to assign only one road to a POI. So if I move the Parking POI nearer to the exit, I would not be able to route into the car park. Therefore the POI has to be near the entrance.

For exit, I presume that GPS users can only get a fix once they come out of the car park. By then, they will be exiting the ramp. Routing from the ramp to PJU 1A is ok :)

ttlim21

Postby ttlim21 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:15 pm

antyong wrote:Sorry, it is not possible to fix. Garmin seems to assign only one road to a POI. So if I move the Parking POI nearer to the exit, I would not be able to route into the car park. Therefore the POI has to be near the entrance.

For exit, I presume that GPS users can only get a fix once they come out of the car park. By then, they will be exiting the ramp. Routing from the ramp to PJU 1A is ok :)

But using MSM, Garmin can calculate both way.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:38 pm

ttlim21 wrote:
antyong wrote:Sorry, it is not possible to fix. Garmin seems to assign only one road to a POI. So if I move the Parking POI nearer to the exit, I would not be able to route into the car park. Therefore the POI has to be near the entrance.

Maybe MSM-Garmin map, compiled by Garmin? If I could do it, I would rather fix it then typing explanations :)

Zeus73

Postby Zeus73 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:05 pm

antyong wrote:
ttlim21 wrote:

Maybe MSM-Garmin map, compiled by Garmin? If I could do it, I would rather fix it then typing explanations :)

Actually, there's no 100% perfect solution to fix the problem. The fix used by MSM will trigger other problem which bro ttlim21 has not encounter yet. :mrgreen:

Oh, btw, the fix in MSM got nothing to do with the compiler. :-#

ttlim21

Postby ttlim21 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:00 pm

antyong wrote:Maybe MSM-Garmin map, compiled by Garmin? If I could do it, I would rather fix it then typing explanations :)

To a layman, when creating a route from point a to point b, Garmin will based on the routes in the map to plot out a route which meets the route criteria, in this case, "fastest route". But when Garmin complain it cannot calculate the route, there must be some disjoint somewhere in the map.

I tried to play my part to contribute to make MFM a better map. Somehow, pointing to have different compiler to be able to solve this issue seems not logic. But if mapper says there is no solution, guess just have to leave it.

Thanks.

sharktits

Postby sharktits » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:27 pm

u tak suka u keluar lo

or use back msm
Image<----- cantik tak ?

sharkteef
Valued Contributor

Postby sharkteef » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:33 pm

dear all,

feedback section is here -
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6492&start=0

it was created for a reason, and that is not to cluster this area making it easier for me and sunn to handle the updates.
your update & feedback is just as important as everyone elses. now i shall kolos this thread and if u have anything to add on, you may go direct via pm or use the appropriate thread.

-shark

Return to “KL & Selangor Map Feedback”