Kota Bharu area track + POIs

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kelantan, Terengganu & Pahang. Mapper: Sunn

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
amamat
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Re: Kota Bharu area track + POIs

Postby amamat » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:16 pm

muallij wrote:Remove SMO Kubang Kerian landmark, already moved.
N6.09354 E102.27791

Is there someone to re-route Sultan Yahya Petra Bridge flyover, please? Not accurate, always said keep left if I was from Tumpat and actually the correct way is "keep right" to flyover and, when I was on flyover, it's keep telling turn right, turn left (garmin little bit confusing, it thinking maybe I was under the flyover).

But from Langgar to tumpat, there's no problem.

Amamat? do you can?
:peace:

Oopss.. This is the job for Bro Sunn. :)

sunn
Senior Mapper
Location: Shah Alam (HP4150 & SIRF3 BT, HP6515, Etrex Legend HCX, Omnia i900 16GB, Samsung Note 2, Ipad 2

Postby sunn » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:24 am

amamat wrote:
N6.09354 E102.27791

Is there someone to re-route Sultan Yahya Petra Bridge flyover, please? Not accurate, always said keep left if I was from Tumpat and actually the correct way is "keep right" to flyover and, when I was on flyover, it's keep telling turn right, turn left (garmin little bit confusing, it thinking maybe I was under the flyover).

Amamat? do you can?

Can't help with so little infor.

Under the bridge, there is so many interchange and road connections. Thus might be confusing as they are so close together and announcing so frequently.

As muallij pointed out. The roads might be tracked or drawn wrongly.

So need locals there to verify the roads around that vicinity. :tq:

Regards
It is a merit to forgive others:
The more we forgive the more merit we collect.

(Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs. )

amamat
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby amamat » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:01 pm

sunn wrote:
amamat wrote:
N6.09354 E102.27791

Amamat? do you can?

Under the bridge, there is so many interchange and road connections. Thus might be confusing as they are so close together and announcing so frequently.

Regards

Just so happened I had the opportunity to test the routing on my way from Tanah Merah to Stadium Sultan Mohamad IV in Kota Bharu just now. Bro mualij was correct. But the thing happened to me was that when I was on the flyover, my garmin nuvi 42lm did think that I was using the road under flyover, thus giving all sorts of directions. After passing Jalan Ibrahim - Jalan Kuala Krai below, everything returns to normal and correctly direct me to the stadium.

sunn
Senior Mapper
Location: Shah Alam (HP4150 & SIRF3 BT, HP6515, Etrex Legend HCX, Omnia i900 16GB, Samsung Note 2, Ipad 2

Postby sunn » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:10 am

amamat wrote:
Just so happened I had the opportunity to test the routing on my way from Tanah Merah to Stadium Sultan Mohamad IV in Kota Bharu just now. Bro mualij was correct. But the thing happened to me was that when I was on the flyover, my garmin nuvi 42lm did think that I was using the road under flyover, thus giving all sorts of directions. After passing Jalan Ibrahim - Jalan Kuala Krai below, everything returns to normal and correctly direct me to the stadium.

Bro amamat,

Is it actual routing underneath the bridge? That might be the case of the announced routing. If you are on the bridge it won't happen as there isn't any other road connected to it except before the crossing of the river.

Please re-check if the roads before & above the river is done correctly. :tq:

Regards
It is a merit to forgive others:
The more we forgive the more merit we collect.

(Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs. )

kaybee
Valued Contributor
Location: Bukit Tengah, Penang (nuvi 200w, i-Blue 747A+ logger)

Postby kaybee » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:57 am

amamat wrote:
sunn wrote:
amamat wrote:Oopss.. This is the job for Bro Sunn. :)

Regards

Hi bro amamat & muallij. I did the original tracklog which has some differences from bro sunn implementation probably due to some complexity of the road system. I'll be going back to KB this weekend. Could you give exact coordinate from where to where of the route that you took as I don't really understand which route you took and which road Garmin think you took. I'll try out the routing issues this weekend and see if I can submit fine tuning proposal. In the next post, I'll submit my change proposal to gather feedback from users in KB whether it is acceptable. Thanks.

kaybee
Valued Contributor

Postby kaybee » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:35 am

Here is my change proposal to road and routing at jambatan sultan yahya and jln sultanah zainab junction.

Problem statement.
1. Before enter the bridge network from Tumpat east bound, the road sign said
a) Take left (new) bridge if going north (to Jln sultanah zainab north bound) or east (to jln hamzah or jln sultan yahya petra).
b) Take right (old) bridge if going south (to jln sultanah zainab south bound)

2. Current bro sunn implementation is all traffic going to ground levels road take old bridge while those going to elevated expressway take new bridge.

3. problem will arise when going to jln sultanah zainab north bound using old bridge because you need to cross over traffic from Exit to Jalan Sultanah Zainab that queue up at traffic light going to jln hamzah in order to turn left from old bridge to jln sultanah zainab north bound. Not everyone using garmin, so they follow road sign.

Change proposal. See diagram below. Those staying in KB or Tumpat area, pls feedback if this proposal is acceptable. If bro sunn can implement any change that achieve same intended result, would be great as well. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

amamat
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby amamat » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:23 pm

Thank You Bro Kaybee :peace:

amamat
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby amamat » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:47 am

A few tracks and POIs in Kota Bharu.

Dropbox "Holiday Villa"

muallij
Contributor

Postby muallij » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:59 pm

Thank you, I think this is source of the problem.

Must connect the road before maybank jalan hamzah because it is connected to jalan dusun muda. I already sent the message to bro kaybee before come here and when I read this, I think you did a good job!

forwarded you PM:

3. You said Garmin asked you to "keep left" but you said Garmin should ask you to "keep right" instead to get onto elevated expressway. At which point did Garmin asked you to "keep left"? Before enter new bridge or while on new bridge before getting onto elevated expressway?
I'm not stop my car to check the coordinate because the road is too busy. But maybe at N6.11709, E102.22507 that I was passing to flyover.

I think I found the solution, the flyover must be connect to the road at N6.11647 E102.24665 before maybank Jalan Hamzah because it is connected to Jalan Dusun Muda

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kaybee
Valued Contributor

Postby kaybee » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:17 am

muallij wrote:Thank you, I think this is source of the problem.
I think I found the solution, the flyover must be connect to the road at N6.11647 E102.24665 before maybank Jalan Hamzah because it is connected to Jalan Dusun Muda[/u]

No.no. cannot do this! I was about to send change request to feedback thread on this junction but not for the above reason. I submit here then since we're still on same topic.

1) Traffic CANNOT turn from flyover (elevated expressway) to Jalan Dusun Muda. There is a solid line on the right and dash line on the left. This was the case when I track during CNY. Unless someone local can tell me that this has changed (i.e., the line has been redrawn to dash lines only), I stand by this.

2) Traffic CAN merge from Jln Sultan Yahya Petra (before flyover end) into main Jln Sultan Yahya Petra. This is based on solid and dash line mentioned above.

See markup in gdb file attached.

UPDATE 3/8 - I'm confirmed that turning left from flyover to jln dusun muda is illegal and police has been catching motorist who did, especially in the morning rush hour.

Return to “Pahang, Terengganu & Kelantan Map Feedback”