MTB Tracks & Report

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kedah, Penang & Perlis. Mapper: OngCC

Moderators: tympg, keong8260, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
snail-works
Valued Contributor

MTB Tracks & Report

Postby snail-works » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:37 am

This GPS log was collected during the Bukit Mertajam Mountain Cross 2008, a mountain biking event. 60% is singletrek. I'm not sure the trail around the Menkuang Dam still can enter by bicycle or not after the event. Please see the trail profile, you need a pair of strong leg to either cycle up or push up the hills.... :mrgreen:

Enjoy.

Done! 233 - OngCC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by snail-works on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lost in contour lines, my waterfalls diary ~ www.waterfallquest.jimdo.com ~

turbosnail
Valued Contributor

Re: Exclusive to MTB member : BM Mountain Cross 08

Postby turbosnail » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:54 am

snail-works wrote:This GPS log was collected during the Bukit Mertajam Mountain Cross 2008, a mountain biking event. 60% is singletrek. I'm not sure the trail around the Menkuang Dam still can enter by bicycle or not after the event. Please see the trail profile, you need a strong legs to either cycle up or push up the hills.... :mrgreen:

Enjoy.

Decided to give this event a miss since I just came back from PCC MUDD ride in CH. Most of the trail will still be rideable since there are used by farmers to go to their respective farms.

May plan to do one round one of the days again.

Read that there were more than 700 participants. I can imagine the "fun" of riding on single track with such a big crowd! :mrgreen:

snail-works
Valued Contributor

Postby snail-works » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:07 am

haha... the 'fun' always the same for every jamboree, 'massive jam' no matter uphill or downhill before the CP1 :mrgreen:

Read from the PCC MUDD newsletter, said that the last rider came back almost midnight, plus the Cameron night was chill, rain and dark.... wah, u guys are really superb :champ: =D>

turbosnail
Valued Contributor

Postby turbosnail » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:42 pm

snail-works wrote:haha... the 'fun' always the same for every jamboree, 'massive jam' no matter uphill or downhill before the CP1 :mrgreen:

Read from the PCC MUDD newsletter, said that the last rider came back almost midnight, plus the Cameron night was chill, rain and dark.... wah, u guys are really superb :champ: =D>

Yup, I was amongst the last nine that arrived the MNS chalet. Sprained my right wrist when exited Pos Mensun(I clashed when my bike front wheel jumped and hit the shoulder of the track). Could not brake and shift. It became worst when arrived a boot camp before Kampung Boh. I decided to wait and follow the rest to walk the last 19km together to the finish line. Quite an experience. But if you ask me if I want to do it again, why not? :mrgreen:

Pos Kemar - Lasah anyone? Hehe... :mrgreen:

turbosnail
Valued Contributor

Postby turbosnail » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:08 pm

Oh btw, I did a write up at MSM about the first recce for the BM Mountain Cross(here).
--------------------

I have not been riding in this part of Penang mainland for some time. When I received a text message from one LBS about this ride, I decided to join them. I was not dissappointed. It was one hell of the ride!

Very steep climb to the top of Sungai Lembu. Last ride I did before this one was like seven years ago. Total distance was only 12km. But I really felt like I was doing more than 50!

We gathered at Hai Tang Mar Temple at 8am. There were about twenty riders joined the fun.

Excellent view. The is the descent after the first climb.

Second regroup point. It was another god forsaken climb after that. I felt my heart was going to explode after the climb!

We connected to a cement path from here. The path led us to a secret garden at the peak of Sungai Lembu hill.

This is one tough lady ride who fought her way up to the peak. I tip my hat off! :prayer:

A spoke of my VooDoo Zobob's rear wheel snapped after a steep descent. Time to think about getting a new bike, maybe?

Everytrail:
http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=25576

---------------------------------

The track log:
1stBMMXrecce.gpx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby tuah » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:24 pm

Great stamina! =D> =D> =D>

snail-works
Valued Contributor

Postby snail-works » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:08 am

Wow, how's your right wrist now? everything ok? take care and hope you recovery soon.

Eh, how come i totally can't regonize the scenery when i saw your pictures.... maybe my brain had been shuted down during the ride coz of the push n push.... :-# :lol:

Hope PCC will have another MUDD in next year, so i can have chance to join. =P~

turbosnail
Valued Contributor

Postby turbosnail » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:28 pm

snail-works wrote:Wow, how's your right wrist now? everything ok? take care and hope you recovery soon.

Eh, how come i totally can't regonize the scenery when i saw your pictures.... maybe my brain had been shuted down during the ride coz of the push n push.... :-# :lol:

Hope PCC will have another MUDD in next year, so i can have chance to join. =P~

Oh my wrist is ok now, thanks!

The route we took is different. Look at the attached picture. The gray line is the route you took. The red is the one we did.

The painmaster is getting his brain cracking now. Think by June he will announce the next ride venue!

turbosnail
Valued Contributor

Postby turbosnail » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:32 pm

tuah wrote:Great stamina! =D> =D> =D>

Come lah join us next time...

turbosnail
Valued Contributor

My MTB ride on Batu Gantung-39-Pt 6-Youth Park and tracklog

Postby turbosnail » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:57 pm

Originally was planning to do South Hill. But my two riding buddies had some last minute arrangements. I ended up doing Batu Gantung instead.

Elevation profile of the trail. You can see that it max out at more than 400m at a distance of about 3km.

The trail started at Union Hokkien Cemetary, Batu Gantung. I did it once couple of weeks ago when a riding buddy of mine from KL came for a visit. We started from Rifle Range and coming down from Pt 45 station. This time I did it in reverse.

The sign post to tell the correct path to 45 and 39 stations.

Cemented singletrack all the way. The look may fool you that it was a gradual climb. It may be oerwhelming for some though.

I saw this persimom tree halfway up. Never realize that it could survive at our climate.

A view of Pt 45 hill station, 350m elevation(approx.).

The trail to Pt 39 station are stepped. I had to climb this flight of staircase and carrying my 27lb Voodoo to the next station!

Pt 39 station. Took a short breather here before continue my journey. The climb really took my breath away(and the song, "Take my breath away" still lingers in my mind)!

View of trail at Pt 6 trail. All broken. I thought I could ride down. I ended up walking down to Youth Park!

Tracklog:
16112008(Batu Gantung).gpx

Return to “Penang, Kedah & Perlis Map Feedback”