General Discussion & Queries for Penang, Kedah & Perlis Map

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kedah, Penang & Perlis. Mapper: OngCC

Moderators: tympg, keong8260, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
hornet
Regional Mapper

Re: Jitra & Kedah Mamber PLS come in recomfirm!

Postby hornet » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:16 am

From what I know, local pronoun -'e' = Padang Sera not Padang Sira (c-ra)

:peace:

shump

Postby shump » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:52 am

hornet wrote:From what I know, local pronoun -'e' = Padang Sera not Padang Sira (c-ra)

:peace:

agree with you bro hornet.. :thumbsup:
Garmin Nuvi 255w(US) - Back On Track Again

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:42 pm

It is Padang Sera...

Quote from official website of Majlis Daerah Kubang Pasu ( http://www.mdkubangpasu.gov.my )

Moderator, please move this thread to General Discussion & Queries for Penang, Kedah & Perlis Map. :tq:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nstartraveller

Problems with Penang Trip

Postby Nstartraveller » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:09 am

Hi all,

I am having problems using the 091102 map for Malaysia, not sure is it my problems or the maps problems.

I was on a trip to South Thailand and Penang, so thenew maps which included the Southern Thailand came just in time for my holiday. But it seem to be doing Recalculation all the times, I only activated the MFM maps and POI no other maps being used. I had also check the Garmin Nuvi255w setting, and it in order too.

The most amazing incident is when I was in Penang Airport wanted to go to Queenbay Mall, the GPS directed me to a round island and leading me out to the Bridge into Prai and Back to the Island to go to Quenbay Mall. And the time needed for the tip is 2-3 hours, as It idicated my arrival time is 19.50 hrs where then it was only 2+ pm. I had to switch to an order maps to get the right route which is about 15 mins from the Airport to Queenbay Mall. Yes I did not follows the initial direction when I saw it bring me out to the bridge, I was lucky to have a few MicroSD Cards with older maps and maps of other country with me.

May be so senior can enlighten me about this problems, or if there is a need to fine tune the maps. I am not sure what is happening, but it could be my faults.

Thanks and Regards,

Dave

MFM is Coolest.
:tq:

alyem
Regional Mapper

Re: Problems with Penang Trip

Postby alyem » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:50 am

I dun have my GPS with to test now.
I am using Mapsource and Map version 091012
and I able to route from Airport to Queensball mall in 9.6km total time 9.36 min.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

faristm
Contributor

Postby faristm » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:50 am

it shud be ok..
nokia e71/e75

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:32 am

No problem for me too... [-(

TehSengChun

Re: POIs for Penang, Kedah & Perlis (Sep-Oct 2009)

Postby TehSengChun » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:51 pm

tympg wrote:Hi Seng Chun,

Providing the street and house number is not enough for the mapper to add the POI(s) to the map. For one thing, the mapper does not live in Penang, and even if he did, you don't expect him to know the position of the place just by the house number and street name alone.

You need to describe the actual position in coordinate terms like "N5.xxxxx E100.xxxxx"

Even better is if you install MapSource, and submit the POIs in a GDB file. Check out those links in the earlier PM I had sent.

how to get the coordinate term?
where can i install MapSource? do you have the link?
then is it possible for you to list out all the steps for me?because i'm not expertise in IT. I'm taking business program when i was in University.
thanks!

I realised the nature of the business a bit later. Anyway, the conversation continues here -- tympg

myhelipad

Re: General Discussion & Queries for Penang, Kedah & Perlis Map

Postby myhelipad » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Kepada semua Mapper
Penang, Kedah serta Langkawi & Perlis Map

Saya mengucapkan Terima Kasih :tq: atas semua kerja pemetaan yang bagus dan tepat :good:, pengalaman saya bercuti selama 3 hari dari 10 hingga 13 Dis 09. Menggunakan jalan darat melalui Perak, Pulau Pinang, Kedah serta Langkawi, & Perlis serta satu perjalanan tambahan ke Padang Besar.

Percutian saya sekeluarga kali ini bergantung 100% kepada Nuvi 205w saya dengan peta ver. MFM-Garmin 091207. Saya meletakan ketepatan kepada jalan dan masa perjalanan yang telah dirancangkan 100%, tiada kecacatan atau kesilapan besar yang mengelirukan.

Tahniah :champ: MFM

:rox:
nuvi 1460 sv 2.10
nuvi 205W sv 6.20
N5800 XM & N97 (GMXT Ver.5.00.50s60.9)

keong8260
Regional Mapper

Re: General Discussion & Queries for Penang, Kedah & Perlis Map

Postby keong8260 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:00 pm

myhelipad wrote:Kepada semua Mapper
Penang, Kedah serta Langkawi & Perlis Map

Saya mengucapkan Terima Kasih :tq: atas semua kerja pemetaan yang bagus dan tepat :good:, pengalaman saya bercuti selama 3 hari dari 10 hingga 13 Dis 09. Menggunakan jalan darat melalui Perak, Pulau Pinang, Kedah serta Langkawi, & Perlis serta satu perjalanan tambahan ke Padang Besar.

Percutian saya sekeluarga kali ini bergantung 100% kepada Nuvi 205w saya dengan peta ver. MFM-Garmin 091207. Saya meletakan ketepatan kepada jalan dan masa perjalanan yang telah dirancangkan 100%, tiada kecacatan atau kesilapan besar yang mengelirukan.

Tahniah :champ: MFM

:rox:

101% thanks to all NPM contributors... they are so "heavyweight"! :tq:

Return to “Penang, Kedah & Perlis Map Feedback”