General Discussion & Queries for Penang, Kedah & Perlis Map

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kedah, Penang & Perlis. Mapper: OngCC

Moderators: tympg, keong8260, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
alharis299
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Re: Terima Kasih Buat Mapper Kedah, Pulau Pinang dan Perlis.

Postby alharis299 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:00 pm

rinazieyana wrote:Assalamualaikum dan salam sejahtera. Di sini saya ingin mengucapkan jutaan terima kasih kepada semua mapper amnya bagi kedah, pulau pinang dan perlis kerana telah berusaha track kampung saya yang sebelum ni tiada pun terdapat di dalam peta ini.

Juga diucapkan jutaan terima kasih terutamanya pada Uncle Wong yang bertungkus lumus track tempat itu.

Terima kasih semua....

Sama sama
:thumbsup:
:tq:

ngkmlk

Strange route from Penang to Singapore

Postby ngkmlk » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:29 pm

Actually I tried to route from penang to woodlands singapore using MFM-Garmin091228_Lite, Nuvi 255w. Below are the routes showed by the map and it also take quite a long time for calculation (>30s). Hope that some of you will try that and confirm its strange behavior. The pink route by right suppose to be on top of the red route. Thanks!
Strange Penang-Singapore route.jpg

Another snap shot was taken at the south, strange routing happens at the melaka-johor border to woodlands singapore, someone please confirm that too.
Strange route north to singapore.jpg

I've also tried using MSM v4.06, Malsingmaps Malaysia / Singapore / Brunei NT 2009.40 and also Garmin city navigator NT 2009.31 for the same routing, but no problem at all. Hope MFM mapper will fix the problem, I still like to use MFM maps for travelling just because :rox:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Strange route from Penang to Singapore

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:58 pm

Bro ngkmlk, the latest maps has some bugs. You are advised to revert back to 091221 until this can be fixed in next revision. If you want to use, 091228, then use only Malaysia side or Singapore side. Do not cross borders between Singapore and Malaysia.

ngkmlk

Postby ngkmlk » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Thanks for the advice. I've revert back to 091221 and the route has no problem. :peace: :tq:

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:41 pm

ngkmlk wrote:Thanks for the advice. I've revert back to 091221 and the route has no problem. :peace: :tq:

Please continue to be pro-active in contributing new POI / Error Reporting :thumbsup:

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Re: Terima Kasih Buat Mapper Kedah, Pulau Pinang dan Perlis.

Postby keong8260 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:07 am

rinazieyana wrote:Assalamualaikum dan salam sejahtera. Di sini saya ingin mengucapkan jutaan terima kasih kepada semua mapper amnya bagi kedah, pulau pinang dan perlis kerana telah berusaha track kampung saya yang sebelum ni tiada pun terdapat di dalam peta ini.

Juga diucapkan jutaan terima kasih terutamanya pada Uncle Wong yang bertungkus lumus track tempat itu.

Terima kasih semua....

Kamu juga digalakkan untuk berlajar macam-mana untuk buat tracking... Di sini banyak cikgu, sila tanya kalau masih ragu. :)

ngkmlk

Postby ngkmlk » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:45 am

Please continue to be pro-active in contributing new POI / Error Reporting :thumbsup:

But I have another error reporting from penang to gunung jerai, Kedah. The route guided me to the south first then only lead me to the north using MFM-Garmin 091214 & 091221. Pls refer this link viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5418&start=110 which I posted days ago. OngCC replied that he has tested it with mapsource without any problem. I did try also with Garmin City Nav NT 2009.31 with resonable/acceptable route. PND used Nuvi 255W (faster time and shorter distance gave same results). Hope MFM could verify again if it is map related bug.

10Q. :rox:

ace
Valued Contributor

Postby ace » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:18 am

I just simulate the route from Penang Bridge to Gunung Jerai Forest Reserve........using v091214.

Nothing wrong....the routing went North.....

If you could replicate the error routing again, please let us know the setting in your Nuvi, the avoidances, etc...

And whether you have any via point in the routing.

ngkmlk

Postby ngkmlk » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:32 am

ace wrote:I just simulate the route from Penang Bridge to Gunung Jerai Forest Reserve........using v091214.

Nothing wrong....the routing went North.....

If you could replicate the error routing again, please let us know the setting in your Nuvi, the avoidances, etc...

And whether you have any via point in the routing.

My setting: Faster time, no via point along in the routing and avoidances with ferries and unpaved road ticked/checked.
SgMy Software ver. 2.80
GPS SW Version: 3.90b

:nutz: #-o

ace
Valued Contributor

Postby ace » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:03 am

I can't replicate the error at all.....sorry. :-k Given that my Nuvi is a local version 255w set, I don't think it is the map as all the simulations I did all did not show the error that you were talking about....

At this point, only conclusion is that your Nuvi is :nutz: #-o :lol:

Can someone in Penang can try again the simulations and see if the error can be replicate? :-k

Return to “Penang, Kedah & Perlis Map Feedback”