Penang, Kedah & Perlis Untracked Places Tracking Requests

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kedah, Penang & Perlis. Mapper: OngCC

Moderators: tympg, keong8260, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
User avatar
uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Posts: 888
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:57 am
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device
Contact:

Re: Penang, Kedah & Perlis Untracked Places Tracking Requests

Postby uncle wong » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:47 pm

tympg wrote:
hotkhong wrote:There is a new housing area with 2 new roads just off Jalan Kenari, Taman Desaria, Sg Ara (around 5°19'0"N 100°15'48"E). The 2 roads are Persiaran Kelicap (which is supposed to connect to the other part of Persiaran Kelicap in Setia Pearl Island) and Solok Kelicap. These roads are still showing as "Single Track in Fruit Orchard" in the current map version.

Let me know if more info is needed. Thanks.

Done :D

http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 951#p60951

:champ: :champ:
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

ahleong450d
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Penang, Kedah & Perlis Untracked Places Tracking Requests

Postby ahleong450d » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:36 am

After I bought PAPAGO R5800 today. My 1st place to search is my hometown (Tokai). :cry: , can't find. After this I look search "Alor Setar" than slowly scrol to my hometown. Oh My God. Around my hometown Taman area are "EMPTY"!

After I use maps.google.com to search my hometown house, I get this:

x: 100.410264 ( Longitude)
y: 6.029061 (Latitude)

Now I already upgrade Map ver to 20090825 also same "EMPTY"! :cry:
Last edited by ahleong450d on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
keong8260
Regional Mapper
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)
Contact:

Re: Penang, Kedah & Perlis Untracked Places Tracking Requests

Postby keong8260 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:15 pm

ahleong450d wrote:After I bought PAPAGO R5800 today. My 1st place to search is my hometown (Tokai). :cry: , can't find. After this I look search "Alor Setar" than slowly scrol to my hometown. Oh My God. Around my hometown Taman area are "EMPTY"!

After I use maps.google.com to search my hometown house, I get this:

x: 100.410264 ( Longitude)
y: 6.029061 (Latitude)

Now I already upgrade Map ver to 20090825 also some "EMPTY"! :cry:


Mapper cannot just "draw" the map, they need tracklog from contributor, who provide all the road tracklog and road name.... Of course all of us want our own place to be on the map, but it can only become reality if we start to track and post it back to the mapper. Kedah got a lot of heavy weight tracker (you can be part of it too), but still there are so many places untrack and they can only do it during free time...

:tq:

PS : What is your Taman name at Tokai?

ahleong450d
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Penang, Kedah & Perlis Untracked Places Tracking Requests

Postby ahleong450d » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:51 pm

Taman Sri Jerai

User avatar
zamad
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2309
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:50 am
Location: Shah Alam

Re: Penang, Kedah & Perlis Untracked Places Tracking Requests

Postby zamad » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:12 am

Since you now own the R5800, why don't you start tracking your own taman first, and expand from there? It is a good place to start...
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

User avatar
keong8260
Regional Mapper
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)
Contact:

Re: Penang, Kedah & Perlis Untracked Places Tracking Requests

Postby keong8260 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:29 pm

ahleong450d wrote:Taman Sri Jerai


I think your Taman and Tokai area will be on-map on the next coming release... However, I can't find any road name on that Taman, please feedback to the mapper accordingly.
:tq:

User avatar
keong8260
Regional Mapper
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)
Contact:

Re: Penang, Kedah & Perlis Untracked Places Tracking Requests

Postby keong8260 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:31 pm

keong8260 wrote:
ahleong450d wrote:Taman Sri Jerai


I think your Taman and Tokai area will be on-map on the next coming release... However, I can't find any road name on that Taman, please feedback to the mapper accordingly.
:tq:


By the way, Is it Taman Sri Jerai or Taman Sri Jelai? I though I saw Sri Jelai? :ko:

ahleong450d
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Penang, Kedah & Perlis Untracked Places Tracking Requests

Postby ahleong450d » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:14 pm

keong8260 wrote:
keong8260 wrote:
ahleong450d wrote:Taman Sri Jerai


I think your Taman and Tokai area will be on-map on the next coming release... However, I can't find any road name on that Taman, please feedback to the mapper accordingly.
:tq:


By the way, Is it Taman Sri Jerai or Taman Sri Jelai? I though I saw Sri Jelai? :ko:


](*,) My fault b4! The correct typing: " Taman Sri Jelai " =D> Thank You!

ahleong450d
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Penang, Kedah & Perlis Untracked Places Tracking Requests

Postby ahleong450d » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:22 pm

zamad wrote:Since you now own the R5800, why don't you start tracking your own taman first, and expand from there? It is a good place to start...


Sorry, I 'm just a new GPS user, I don't understand what you mean. Thank You!

User avatar
zamad
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2309
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:50 am
Location: Shah Alam

Re: Penang, Kedah & Perlis Untracked Places Tracking Requests

Postby zamad » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:57 pm

ahleong450d wrote:
zamad wrote:Since you now own the R5800, why don't you start tracking your own taman first, and expand from there? It is a good place to start...

Sorry, I 'm just a new GPS user, I don't understand what you mean. Thank You!

This is how you enable tracking on your R5800:
1. To start tracking, press Menu >> Advanced Settings >> Track Log >> New
2. Press Back >> Back >> Navi (to see where you're tracking)
3. To end tracking, press Menu >> Advanced Settings >> Track Log >> Stop

You will need a bin-to-gpx converter to enable your tracks to be read by Mapsource. bro 76gpsguy has provided us with the utility here.

What I meant in my earlier posting, was... first, start at loactions were you are familiar. This will give you understanding and confidence of the tracks you have collected. Then, be a bit more adventurous... somewhere untracked before. BTW, the mappers can take either gdb or gpx formats as your submission.

You will also need Mapsource (by Garmin) to edit your tracks prior to submission. Here, you can add your (new found) POI!

Happy trackin'! :peace:
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)


Return to “Penang, Kedah & Perlis Map Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest