GALACTIO - Consultant

Feedback for MFM-Galactio map/software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
NOTE: This forum should be used strictly for feedback of MFM-Galactio map/software only. Issues with other software or devices will be re-directed.
Galactio
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:49 am

Re: GALACTIO - Consultant

Postby Galactio » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:36 am

Hi thinbluelinesafari,

Do you observe any error messages pop up when the GPS is locked?
If not and you are based in Singapore, can you bring it our technical support @ Eastgear for them to take a look?

Regards
Team Galactio

thinbluelinesafari wrote:Hi,

Starting last 2 days, Holux 62AS with version 8.9.04, once the GPS signal is Lock, the GPS will hang.. I had try on and off the GPS, still the same. if the GPS is not lock( in underground carpark) I can use it as normal, ie, search postal code etc..but once the GPS is lock, it will hang. nothing work, touch screen also no respond.

What can I do?

Regards

Galactio
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:49 am

Re: GALACTIO - Consultant

Postby Galactio » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:39 am

Hi doremo,

Are you still having problems with the upgrading as we have tested the functionality and it seems to be working well.

Regards
Team Galactio

doremo wrote:Hi Consultant
i can not upgrade from you web site, i attach a print screen to you, the web show me the message "We're sorry, but something went wrong.We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly."

Galactio
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:49 am

Re: GALACTIO - Consultant

Postby Galactio » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:41 am

Hi radzuanbakar,

You have posted on the wrong thread. You might want to post it on the Papago thread.
Thanks

Regards
Team Galactio

radzuanbakar wrote:Hi, I bought a papago Z1 a few months back, not really satisfied with it because it takes too long to capture satellite signal. which means that its is useless for short journey around KL and klang Valley. Anything you can tell me about this problem. is it normal. tq

Nicholas
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: GALACTIO - Consultant

Postby Nicholas » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:29 am

I am a pretty happy Galactio user for 2 years now. I am glad to see Galactio's constant updates of firmwares and features. Because of these, I have been recommending my friends and forum users to Galactio. Even though I'm not Muslim, I felt it was awesome that you guys added prayer timings.

1) However, I have been hoping (for the past 2 years) that you guys can integrate TMC to MFM's Singapore map, but it seems like a lost cause. People that I have recommended ask me the same question, why no TMC when using MFM map, which they felt was better.

2) If it's possible, allow us to enable have data logging? I would love to export my travel logs gpx/kml to google earth without using another device to do so.

3) Ability to add more midpoints, and switch mid and end points.

4) Import online features (NavIQonline) using SDcard, without plugging GPS to PC. PC->SDcard->Galactio, and allow backup to SDcard as well. For GPS without sdcard slot, export to a folder in internalsd?

5) Allow us to import POIs.

:tq:, :good: to Team Galactio and :rox:

Galactio
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:49 am

Re: GALACTIO - Consultant

Postby Galactio » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for supporting Galactio for the last 2 years, it has been great for the team to know that we are having happy users like you.

Please refer to the replies below for your questions posted:
1) The TMC data actually requires licensing in order to perform the tagging of traffic service to the map. However as MFM is a free community map, where the users are not charged in the usage of the map, the licensing model becomes not feasible for such community map.

2) This feature is currently being looked at the moment actually. You should be able to know in the new features of Galactio once it
is released :D

3) I can understand your point when you are having this request. This has been feedback to the team for further evaluation.

4) For the NavIQ-Online, you can actually plug in the SDCard directly into the card reader and run it from the PC, without the use of the GPS. For the backup purpose, are you able to elaborate a bit more in details?

5) For the importing of POI, do you mean creating additional POIs on the PC and transfer to the GPS for use?

Once again, thanks for your support and recommendation! :tq:

Team Galactio - Support

Nicholas wrote:I am a pretty happy Galactio user for 2 years now. I am glad to see Galactio's constant updates of firmwares and features. Because of these, I have been recommending my friends and forum users to Galactio. Even though I'm not Muslim, I felt it was awesome that you guys added prayer timings.

1) However, I have been hoping (for the past 2 years) that you guys can integrate TMC to MFM's Singapore map, but it seems like a lost cause. People that I have recommended ask me the same question, why no TMC when using MFM map, which they felt was better.

2) If it's possible, allow us to enable have data logging? I would love to export my travel logs gpx/kml to google earth without using another device to do so.

3) Ability to add more midpoints, and switch mid and end points.

4) Import online features (NavIQonline) using SDcard, without plugging GPS to PC. PC->SDcard->Galactio, and allow backup to SDcard as well. For GPS without sdcard slot, export to a folder in internalsd?

5) Allow us to import POIs.

:tq:, :good: to Team Galactio and :rox:

Galactio
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:49 am

Re: GALACTIO - Consultant

Postby Galactio » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:31 pm

:rox:

Team Galactio - Support

Nicholas
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: GALACTIO - Consultant

Postby Nicholas » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Thanks for the reply.

1) I understand. That means you guys have to improve the SLA map... see (6).
2) Great, looking forward to it.
3) Thanks, it'll be very useful!
4) Currently I'm not using any SD card on my 62AS, it's using my internal memory, so to update, I need to bring the gps from the car. Was wondering if it can read or import data from external SD card.
5) Well yes, or import POIs (like gpx).

*6) Can the SLA map lead us to the entrance of schools/buildings? One of the reasons why I want to use MFM is because of that accuracy. When I was using garmin with mfm, I never had a problem with locating school/building entrances.

I have attached 2 pictures which shows that MFM brings me to the entrance of schools, but the SLA map with TMC, brings me only near the school.

:tq:

Galactio wrote:Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for supporting Galactio for the last 2 years, it has been great for the team to know that we are having happy users like you.

Please refer to the replies below for your questions posted:
1) The TMC data actually requires licensing in order to perform the tagging of traffic service to the map. However as MFM is a free community map, where the users are not charged in the usage of the map, the licensing model becomes not feasible for such community map.

2) This feature is currently being looked at the moment actually. You should be able to know in the new features of Galactio once it
is released :D

3) I can understand your point when you are having this request. This has been feedback to the team for further evaluation.

4) For the NavIQ-Online, you can actually plug in the SDCard directly into the card reader and run it from the PC, without the use of the GPS. For the backup purpose, are you able to elaborate a bit more in details?

5) For the importing of POI, do you mean creating additional POIs on the PC and transfer to the GPS for use?

Once again, thanks for your support and recommendation! :tq:

Team Galactio - Support

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Galactio
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:49 am

Re: GALACTIO - Consultant

Postby Galactio » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:31 am

Hi Nicholas,

The map at the 2 sites has been updated accordingly based on your detailed feedback. We are currently looking through to pick up more of such cases. For the map update next month, you will likely to see the changes.

As your Nav is running from the device, you will have to sync it to the PC directly in order perform the update. Updating through the SD Card requires some other steps and we have tried it with some customers but when they get the step wrong, it becomes irreversible and the entire set has to be brought down to the service centre. In view of this, we find that it is better to continue the PC syncing method to prevent such inconvenience to the users later on.

With regards to the import of POI, it is still in our early stages of development and we will update on this feature once it becomes available.

Thanks for your support. :)

Regards
Team Galactio - Support

Nicholas wrote:Thanks for the reply.

1) I understand. That means you guys have to improve the SLA map... see (6).
2) Great, looking forward to it.
3) Thanks, it'll be very useful!
4) Currently I'm not using any SD card on my 62AS, it's using my internal memory, so to update, I need to bring the gps from the car. Was wondering if it can read or import data from external SD card.
5) Well yes, or import POIs (like gpx).

*6) Can the SLA map lead us to the entrance of schools/buildings? One of the reasons why I want to use MFM is because of that accuracy. When I was using garmin with mfm, I never had a problem with locating school/building entrances.

I have attached 2 pictures which shows that MFM brings me to the entrance of schools, but the SLA map with TMC, brings me only near the school.

:tq:

Galactio wrote:Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for supporting Galactio for the last 2 years, it has been great for the team to know that we are having happy users like you.

Please refer to the replies below for your questions posted:
1) The TMC data actually requires licensing in order to perform the tagging of traffic service to the map. However as MFM is a free community map, where the users are not charged in the usage of the map, the licensing model becomes not feasible for such community map.

2) This feature is currently being looked at the moment actually. You should be able to know in the new features of Galactio once it
is released :D

3) I can understand your point when you are having this request. This has been feedback to the team for further evaluation.

4) For the NavIQ-Online, you can actually plug in the SDCard directly into the card reader and run it from the PC, without the use of the GPS. For the backup purpose, are you able to elaborate a bit more in details?

5) For the importing of POI, do you mean creating additional POIs on the PC and transfer to the GPS for use?

Once again, thanks for your support and recommendation! :tq:

Team Galactio - Support


chowhoong
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: GALACTIO - Consultant

Postby chowhoong » Sun May 05, 2013 4:11 am

Hi, im currently using Sensonic N400X with the V8.8.9.1 version.
I wonder to update to v8.9 but it say invalid package.
I already copy the activation file to the NavIQ folder.
Help please!

tn728202
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: GALACTIO - Consultant

Postby tn728202 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:23 am

chowhoong wrote:Hi, im currently using Sensonic N400X with the V8.8.9.1 version.
I wonder to update to v8.9 but it say invalid package.
I already copy the activation file to the NavIQ folder.
Help please!


possible take the print screen for us @@?


Return to “MFM-Galactio map/software feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests