GALACTIO - Consultant

Feedback for MFM-Galactio map/software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
NOTE: This forum should be used strictly for feedback of MFM-Galactio map/software only. Issues with other software or devices will be re-directed.
Galactio

Re: GALACTIO - Consultant

Postby Galactio » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Hi gpsmy,

The UTurn is taken into consideration during the compilation stage as it will take the country traffic rules as a parameter. Are those small lanes and unpaved roads those track and trail roads that you are seeing? They would be taken into routing consideration unless they are marked as pedestrian roadway.

For speed cams, do stay tuned for our updates as we are working with Bro Ong on this.

Regards
Team Galactio

gpsmy wrote:Hi Galactio consultant,

Is there an option in the trial version to include U-turn, small lanes & unpaved roads into routing considerations?

It is directing me to take a long route & ignore the U-turn that can cut short the distance a lot. I've tried shortest distance, fastest & traffic aware routing options, but none of them include it in the routing. The road is obviously there, but it just not being taken into consideration.

Does Galactio supports speed camera alerts? How do I enable it? Does Galactio supports view map while driving without setting a destination? I frequently use my GPS to remind me on exceeding speed limit without setting a destination that I already familiar with.

TQ.
:tq:

Galactio

Postby Galactio » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi h530251,

Currently we do not have a Windows mobile build.

Regards
Team Galactio

h530251 wrote:Hi,

Can I check can the software work on Windows mobile 6.5 ?

Thanks.

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Galactio wrote:Hi zamda,

MY/SG mfm v2011092 has Junction View in it and the feature is also available for V8.6.

Regards
Team Galactio

zamad wrote:I've got the V8.6 running the MY/SG mfm v20110921 map on my WinCE PND (Papago! R5800, actually). I realised that this map does not have Junction View, or does it?

Option to switch JV to half/full/none had been tried. If set to half, when approaching a junction, a pop-up window appears but without any picture. :-? Not tried the full screen yet, but I suppose I'll get a similar result, only larger in size.

I just did a simulation from Shah Alam to Petaling Jaya with 3D View and half screen JCV. The JCV window popped up but...
BTW, where is the JCV file in the folder?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

ling1247

Postby ling1247 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:31 am

Hi, I just bought a sensonic N400 GPS, but my colleagues accidentally format it, now when i power on n click GPS path or GPs, it will show dun hv GPS program in file manager, what can i do? please help....

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:00 am

ling1247 wrote:Hi, I just bought a sensonic N400 GPS, but my colleagues accidentally format it, now when i power on n click GPS path or GPs, it will show dun hv GPS program in file manager, what can i do? please help....

just go back to the seller and ask for replacement.

gpsmy

Postby gpsmy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:31 pm

Hi Galactio,

Those roads are not meant for pedestrian. I have captured screen using another GPS software, but using MFM map too. I hope it can help Galactio to fine tune to better suite for Malaysia.

You may try to simulate LDP towards Cyberjaya exit & find U-Turn (e.g. return to Tesco in Puchong).

TQ

Galactio wrote:Hi gpsmy,

The UTurn is taken into consideration during the compilation stage as it will take the country traffic rules as a parameter. Are those small lanes and unpaved roads those track and trail roads that you are seeing? They would be taken into routing consideration unless they are marked as pedestrian roadway.

For speed cams, do stay tuned for our updates as we are working with Bro Ong on this.

Regards
Team Galactio

Is there an option in the trial version to include U-turn, small lanes & unpaved roads into routing considerations?

It is directing me to take a long route & ignore the U-turn that can cut short the distance a lot. I've tried shortest distance, fastest & traffic aware routing options, but none of them include it in the routing. The road is obviously there, but it just not being taken into consideration.

Does Galactio supports speed camera alerts? How do I enable it? Does Galactio supports view map while driving without setting a destination? I frequently use my GPS to remind me on exceeding speed limit without setting a destination that I already familiar with.

TQ.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Galactio

Postby Galactio » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi gpsmy,

Thanks for the screenshot,

We are checking on the road types with the mapper and see if there is anything that could have been missed out.
Thanks for your feedback for our fine tuning, we will get back to you on our findings

Regards
Team Galactio

gpsmy wrote:Hi Galactio,

Those roads are not meant for pedestrian. I have captured screen using another GPS software, but using MFM map too. I hope it can help Galactio to fine tune to better suite for Malaysia.

You may try to simulate LDP towards Cyberjaya exit & find U-Turn (e.g. return to Tesco in Puchong).

TQ

Regards
Team Galactio

TQ.

eng7575

Postby eng7575 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:37 pm

i manage to download the trial version of galactio, may i know how to install in my device (sensonic N520)

Thank you

gpsmy

Postby gpsmy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:03 am

Hi Galactio,

It is working correctly with MFM November 2011 map. Is there a document to illustrate all possible turning symbols? I have difficulties to understand some of the symbols. For instance, the 3rd symbol of the attached diagram.

Galactio is definitely a good choice with MFM map.
:good:

Thanks for the screenshot,

We are checking on the road types with the mapper and see if there is anything that could have been missed out.
Thanks for your feedback for our fine tuning, we will get back to you on our findings

Regards
Team Galactio

ramnifer

Postby ramnifer » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi GALACTIO Consultant,

I am running Galactio Version V8.6.07 on device K-One N870. Purchased this on 2/11/11.
I have the following problems with it:

1. On starting the device the date appears as 01 Jan 2007 and time as 00:19. How do I change this to the current date.

2. I am unable to type and complete the address that i want and instead a totally irrelevant address appears in the 'suggested' space.

Please help.
Thank you.
Ramani Fernandez

Return to “MFM-Galactio map/software feedback”