GALACTIO - Consultant

Feedback for MFM-Galactio map/software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
NOTE: This forum should be used strictly for feedback of MFM-Galactio map/software only. Issues with other software or devices will be re-directed.
eviltoad

Re: GALACTIO - Consultant

Postby eviltoad » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:58 pm

alyem wrote:
eviltoad wrote:
alyem wrote:Galactio Consultant will answer all your Galactio Problem and Question here.
:thumbsup:

Hey Galactio Guru,

In my Agio F478 running Galactio 6.02 , in map view, it do not show where I am going or the roads until I select a destination point and click on navigate

Is this the default ? my garmin shows when I am going when in map view.

Time to Upgrade your Galactio to V8 here >> http://cms.galactio.com/

i am sorry but I have the latest update v8.0.2

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:56 pm

I've got the V8.6 running the MY/SG mfm v20110921 map on my WinCE PND (Papago! R5800, actually). I realised that this map does not have Junction View, or does it?

Option to switch JV to half/full/none had been tried. If set to half, when approaching a junction, a pop-up window appears but without any picture. :-? Not tried the full screen yet, but I suppose I'll get a similar result, only larger in size.
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

ahseng1981

Postby ahseng1981 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:53 am

hi siewkiat@qi.sg,
I using Marbella M990 is come with Galactio with live traffic support. Is this model able to upgrade to V8.6.02? Thank you.

gpsmy

Postby gpsmy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:53 pm

Hi Galactio consultant,

Is there an option in the trial version to include U-turn, small lanes & unpaved roads into routing considerations?

It is directing me to take a long route & ignore the U-turn that can cut short the distance a lot. I've tried shortest distance, fastest & traffic aware routing options, but none of them include it in the routing. The road is obviously there, but it just not being taken into consideration.

Does Galactio supports speed camera alerts? How do I enable it? Does Galactio supports view map while driving without setting a destination? I frequently use my GPS to remind me on exceeding speed limit without setting a destination that I already familiar with.

TQ.
:tq:

Galactio

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Galactio 110921

Postby Galactio » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi fusiony2k,

There are some polygon data that are not brought in yet as there were issues previously on data being a building type or area type. This will mostly be resovled in the next map update.

Regards
Team Galactio

fusiony2k wrote:Hi guys, I was wondering, how come the map does not show the buildings? I'm using the latest software and map. But when I view the map I can only see roads. But not buildins or outlines of building. When I am using the SLA map on my Aigo it shows everything. Only bad thing is it does not support MY. Only SG

Galactio

Postby Galactio » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi getzdex,

For Galactio, building name will be shown at the top of the search results in the list. Selecting this will bring you to the building itself.
For carpark which contains the name of the building that you are searching (e.g. Nex Car park), it will be shown with a carpark icon in the result list and you can select it to go to the building carpark.

Alternatively for Galactio, you will also find a useful feature when you are arriving at the destination. A 'P' icon will appear at the top right of the screen, and upon clicking it, a list of carpark near to the destination will be shown and you can select one and then click 'OK" to bring you to the carpark of the destination.

Regards
Team Galactio

getzdex wrote:Does selecting a POI (eg. NEX shopping center), will it automatically route to the carpark or can be anywhere which reach the NEX shopping center?

yeakyau

Postby yeakyau » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:37 pm

hi galactio, if i download the software put in wayway gps install in micro sd will causes it original softawre corrupted or not.. =) tQ

Galactio

Postby Galactio » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:04 pm

Hi eviltoad,

On the Main Menu, you can click the Navigate button on the bottom left to show you the car position as you are driving. Is it what you are looking for?

Regards
Siew Kiat

eviltoad wrote:
alyem wrote:Galactio Consultant will answer all your Galactio Problem and Question here.
:thumbsup:

Hey Galactio Guru,

In my Agio F478 running Galactio 8.6.02 , in map view, it do not show where I am going or the roads until I select a destination point and click on navigate

Is this the default ? my garmin shows when I am going when in map view.

h530251

Postby h530251 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:56 am

Hi,

Can I check can the software work on Windows mobile 6.5 ?

Thanks.

Galactio

Postby Galactio » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:54 pm

Hi zamda,

MY/SG mfm v2011092 has Junction View in it and the feature is also available for V8.6.

Regards
Team Galactio

zamad wrote:I've got the V8.6 running the MY/SG mfm v20110921 map on my WinCE PND (Papago! R5800, actually). I realised that this map does not have Junction View, or does it?

Option to switch JV to half/full/none had been tried. If set to half, when approaching a junction, a pop-up window appears but without any picture. :-? Not tried the full screen yet, but I suppose I'll get a similar result, only larger in size.

Return to “MFM-Galactio map/software feedback”