Galactio RGB 3rd Party Nav-Interface

Feedback for MFM-Galactio map/software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
NOTE: This forum should be used strictly for feedback of MFM-Galactio map/software only. Issues with other software or devices will be re-directed.
Carz

Galactio RGB 3rd Party Nav-Interface

Postby Carz » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:58 am

I've been a long time user of MFM Garmin map last time and then Papago but now in the process of choosing a head unit for my new car and looking to integrate gps function to it.

I know nothing about Galactio so hope members can advise.

1) Is MFM Galactio map compatible with external RGB 3rd Party Nav-Interface for head unit like Explorer EX9200 and EX70?

2) Is there any difference between MFM's and Galactio's official one? If so, in what ways? For example, I know TMC works with Papago SLA map but not MFM ones and its SLA maps are not freely available and not updated as frequently.

3) What is the latest Galactio software version now?

4) Any truth in the below?

Was told Explorer GPS EX9200 has been replaced by EX70 (supposedly below pic) but EX70 is not listed under here http://nav.galactio.com/galactio/sg

Another dealer quoted an unbranded and unidentified module but claimed it is approved by Galactio but cannot diy map update and can only be updated at Galactio service center. Updates will not be free and as frequent as MFM, perhaps only once a year costing about $80 each time.

Not sure if the above info is accurate but if it's true then not being able to diy free map updates frequently is a deal breaker for me.

Anyone can advise?

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Re: Galactio RGB 3rd Party Nav-Interface

Postby tlchuan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:49 pm

go for android device head unit,

pair with waze, google maps and you are off to go.

no need to worry for maps update.

Carz

Postby Carz » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:28 pm

I was considering to put those oversized 10.1" Chinese made Android head unit but it was selling at more than double or triple the price in Singapore that makes it close to or ever more expensive than branded head unit. Given that I used to play with Car PC, even imported ones, although I love the flexibility, the poorer sound quality and lesser system stability make me think twice.

Do you have any good 10.1" model to recommend?

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:31 pm

go to www.mymall4u.com there you can find many hu for your car

Return to “MFM-Galactio map/software feedback”