MFM-Papago Map 101104 Feedback

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Re: MFM-Papago Map 101104 Feedback

Postby tlchuan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:58 pm

msleong wrote:Hi,

I m from Penang & using Papago X5(Android). I'm able to search Ancasa Hotel (KL) in the map. But why i cant find the routing to Ancasa Hotel (KL)?

Hope to hear gud news from map team...thks.

tested on x7 okay will check on android version later

Carz

Postby Carz » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:32 pm

Anyone else using iPhone 3GS with PPG M7.1 and 101104C facing routing issues?

I briefly ran a simulated route from Hougang St 91 Blk 971A MSCP to Beach Road Golden Mile on my wife's iPhone 3GS to consider if I should buy iPhone 4. However, straight away from the start of the route, voice kept prompting left turns throughout a series of right turns even though the route is showing right turns correctly. Then when it finally made its way onto Yio Chu Kang road, I was expecting the route to turn right towards AMK Ave 3 CTE but instead, the route continues along YCK road towards Serangoon Interchange. It seems even though routing is set to fastest route, it is still taking the smaller roads instead of expressway like what my GMXT/GMPC would do. Then all of a sudden, the maps starts jumping around (can't remember where but I think when the route joins the end of Seragoon viaduct near the end of Aljunied Road Junction. The next thing I knew, the route is making it's way back to my starting point. I tried the same route a few times but each time, the maps will jump around along the route and then makes it way to my starting point instead of the end destination. I will try more routes to see if the same issue persist but in the meantime I would like to know if other is having the same issues or not. I've renamed the filenames as advised a few post back by the way.

Thanks.

achso2

Postby achso2 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:11 pm

lohteck wrote:I used a few days TO DRIVE and already tested this map in most of the area at : Sarikei, Sibu, Bintulu and Miri ( Sarawak ). I coudn't found any mistake so far........ :peace: :thumbsup: \:D/ THANKS YOU TO MFM and TEAMS.

U sure no problem on sibu map? papago bring me break into 1way road and i dnt know the "shortest distance" = "main road" or still no functioning, cause always ask me turn into main road but not the "shortest road".

anyone know how to fix it? Thankx

dtdw

Postby dtdw » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:01 pm

erm i know it might not be related. but selecting the new map in iphone results in a crash. how do i fix ?

lohteck

Postby lohteck » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:32 pm

achso2 wrote:
lohteck wrote:I used a few days TO DRIVE and already tested this map in most of the area at : Sarikei, Sibu, Bintulu and Miri ( Sarawak ). I coudn't found any mistake so far........ :peace: :thumbsup: \:D/ THANKS YOU TO MFM and TEAMS.

U sure no problem on sibu map? papago bring me break into 1way road and i dnt know the "shortest distance" = "main road" or still no functioning, cause always ask me turn into main road but not the "shortest road".

I only try to drive in most favourite area in Sibu not all area.My GPS so far no problem.Do not use shortest distance,and now i can't try in Sibu because i'm in Mri now.For your information i'm from Melaka and just arrived in Sarawak a few days. Thank You. :welcome: :tq: :good:

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:11 am

achso2 wrote:U sure no problem on sibu map? papago bring me break into 1way road and i dnt know the "shortest distance" = "main road" or still no functioning, cause always ask me turn into main road but not the "shortest road".

Hi achso2,

Could you point to a specific place in the Sibu map? I'd like to see whether this is a Papago-specific problem or the map problem.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

rohiza23

Postby rohiza23 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:11 pm

one wrong location LA have be detect at my location plz fix it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

presariocq

Postby presariocq » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:31 pm

nice job.... =D> but found only negeri sembilan no town :(

muncheno

Postby muncheno » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Carz wrote:Anyone else using iPhone 3GS with PPG M7.1 and 101104C facing routing issues?

I briefly ran a simulated route from Hougang St 91 Blk 971A MSCP to Beach Road Golden Mile on my wife's iPhone 3GS to consider if I should buy iPhone 4. However, straight away from the start of the route, voice kept prompting left turns throughout a series of right turns even though the route is showing right turns correctly. Then when it finally made its way onto Yio Chu Kang road, I was expecting the route to turn right towards AMK Ave 3 CTE but instead, the route continues along YCK road towards Serangoon Interchange. It seems even though routing is set to fastest route, it is still taking the smaller roads instead of expressway like what my GMXT/GMPC would do. Then all of a sudden, the maps starts jumping around (can't remember where but I think when the route joins the end of Seragoon viaduct near the end of Aljunied Road Junction. The next thing I knew, the route is making it's way back to my starting point. I tried the same route a few times but each time, the maps will jump around along the route and then makes it way to my starting point instead of the end destination. I will try more routes to see if the same issue persist but in the meantime I would like to know if other is having the same issues or not. I've renamed the filenames as advised a few post back by the way.

Thanks.

Hi Carz,
My wife Iphone 4 is with M7.1 too, but no issue on the routing and voice. We didn't use it for long, just about 10min drive around Ipoh and we didn't find anything wrong with it.
On the part you mentioned the maps start jumping around, does it have to do with a GPS receiver is weak? I have seen this problem on GPS unit due to receiver is weak and only able to lock on 2 or 3 satelite instead of 4.

Just my 2-cents.

Regards,
Brent.

ahsee

Postby ahsee » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:02 am

any recommended papago device, wayway/papago?

Return to “Archive (Papago)”