FREE MFM-PAPAGO MAP - 110823 (FINAL RELEASE)

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

curiou5

Re: FREE MFM-PAPAGO MAP - 110823 (FINAL RELEASE)

Postby curiou5 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:52 pm

Is the license for Papago! X5SE Android transferable??

hetfield85

Postby hetfield85 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:29 pm

I hope MFM can understand that it is not easy for all of us to upgrade to Papago X8. If we can't upgrade to Papago X8 it doesn't mean we are using pirated software. Some of us might bought the GPS preloaded with original Papago software but not distributed by M3Asia as they can be by other manufacturers. Somehow the other manufacturers failed to provide effective support to the customers thus preventing us to upgrade to the new version.

If MFM decided to cease providing us alternative apart from Papago X8 this mean we are forced to buy new PND, in this case from M3Asia. I feel that Maction is quite irresponsible towards the customers who bought old/previous Papago software regardless of any manufacturers. The action by MFM to stop compiling maps for previous Papago versions will just put additional salt to the wound as not all of us can afford to shun 1-2 year old PND for a new one. I hope MFM can listen to our part of the story and not merely following what Maction/M3Asia or any corporation ask you guys to do so.

Well, I'm not complaining. I just want to write what is in my mind right now. The maps are free and the contributors do provide a good effort to make a good map for all of us :thumbsup: .

curiou5

Postby curiou5 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:27 pm

The answer most of us want to know is why did MFM obliged to the Maction/M3GPS request to terminate the map updates (without upholding its philosophy) without considering the community who have bought older versions which cannot be updated or the release of upgrade (like for android) is unknown.

No one here is complaining about the good work they have done. I must say they have given us very good maps to use on a not so good software. But the thing that is playing in peoples' mind is why the changed in philosophy that was proudly and still is stated in the beginning of the forum "About Malfreemaps".

Everyone GPS users know, no MFM, no one wants Papago. Why not go for Igo, Ndrive, Tom Tom, Navigon, Sygic etc which are must better then Papago. If there is Garmin for Android, most people including myself would not have given Papago a thought.

We just want to know why from the Senior mapper/s that made the decision and thereafter move on. Is it because they have to return the map compiler to Maction/M3GPS by 31/8/2011. We can understand if the compiler does not belong to them and they are asked to return it and therefore cannot issue any more updates to the older version. We are all curiou5 and in the dark as to what happen and that's why some of us has voiced up for the answer.

dswwong

Postby dswwong » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Wonder if there are any softwares available for android users other than Papago ?
Surely we do not like to be held ransom by one single manufacturer of GPS software.

JayCee

Postby JayCee » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:51 pm

One of the major selection criteria for me to select Papago products over other poducts in fact was attracted by mfm motto (point 8c).
I have pereived by several communications only recently that mfm motto (in generating maps) is no longer applicable to Papago product lines but do not know starting when and by whom.
May be this is the reason why most members are now only after mfm not generating non X8 maps but not Maction or M3Asia. Until now, I have not seen any quote/statement from Maction nor M3Asia on those affected products. I am sure both Maction and M3Asia will continue to sit still and watch the "chickens fighting in the cage" show.

Currently affected customers may concede their Papago products (tough luck) this round. Non affected customers this round, please be warned that you have not been assured you will not be affected the next round in the future.
To stop blood breeding, IMHO, mfm must straighten their motto (a. stick to the original motto or b. revise original to reflect the current) now and operate by adhering to it for now and future. Publish the FINAL MOTTO asap so that public/members may have base to decide.

Below please find the official mfm motto thread for your reference:
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29

--JC

vulcan

Postby vulcan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:46 pm

"Non affected customers this round, please be warned that you have not been assured you will not be affected the next round in the future."

If this exercise to x8 is firm, then it's 2nd time happen. PAPAGO purged x2 before. If you think you're safe this, next time you might not. People like us this we could relied on MFM for free maps update but as time passed by this stand won't hold for long.

For newbies that would like to invest in GPS unit, this might be a free lesson for you.

vulcan

Postby vulcan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:52 pm

dswwong wrote:Wonder if there are any softwares available for android users other than Papago ?
Surely we do not like to be held ransom by one single manufacturer of GPS software.

Go for freeware: waze. Check out www.waze.com . You'll love it as it run live without have to turn on data line(3G). You only need initially turn on to get live update on traffic that goes on, then turn it off. You can also communicate with other road users.

ccwong
JCV Master
JCV Master

Postby ccwong » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:14 pm

I proposed mfm should change admin, moderator and senior mappers already, it seems that we have so many "talented" people here... :mrgreen:

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:49 pm

ccwong wrote:I proposed mfm should change admin, moderator and senior mappers already, it seems that we have so many "talented" people here... :mrgreen:

Why change???
Just start a new GPS forum.
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

ccwong
JCV Master
JCV Master

Postby ccwong » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:57 pm

alyem wrote:
ccwong wrote:I proposed mfm should change admin, moderator and senior mappers already, it seems that we have so many "talented" people here... :mrgreen:

Why change???
Just start a new GPS forum.

Ya...start a new mapping forum...
I have some names for u guys...
1. AllFreeMaps.com (AFM)
2. SemuaFreeMaps.com (SFM)
3. LagiFreeMaps.com (LFM)

:mrgreen:

Return to “Archive (Papago)”