MFM-Papago Map 101104 Feedback

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

dexxbar

Re: MFM-Papago Map 101104 Feedback

Postby dexxbar » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi. Just wondering are there anybody that try to navigate from Kuantan to Kota Bharu or vise versa. Coz i have this problem with my M3GPS X5 which will hang everytime i use the route. It will show to a route which is very far, Ktn-Kb 370 KM while the route shown are 500++ km . When selected alternative route again it will hang. Anybody knows whats the problem???
Thanks

sugen

Postby sugen » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:45 pm

Thanks..Just update the map

PPG version : M7.0 Iphone
Feedback : there is one question that i always wanted to find out, is it the papago software limitation or iphone4 limitation that during the GPS navigation, it is unable to read out the road name.. It can only say turn left of right but not the road name.. wonder why.. Thanks..

achso2

Postby achso2 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:36 pm

tympg wrote:
achso2 wrote:U sure no problem on sibu map? papago bring me break into 1way road and i dnt know the "shortest distance" = "main road" or still no functioning, cause always ask me turn into main road but not the "shortest road".

anyone know how to fix it? Thankx

Hi achso2,

Could you point to a specific place in the Sibu map? I'd like to see whether this is a Papago-specific problem or the map problem.

sorry for late reply..
1. papago ask me to turn right from jalan oya traffic light go into jalan persiaran brooke.( but only can turn to left)

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:33 am

dexxbar wrote:Hi. Just wondering are there anybody that try to navigate from Kuantan to Kota Bharu or vise versa. Coz i have this problem with my M3GPS X5 which will hang everytime i use the route. It will show to a route which is very far, Ktn-Kb 370 KM while the route shown are 500++ km . When selected alternative route again it will hang. Anybody knows whats the problem???
Thanks

Which PPG device are you using?

mahadhir8

Postby mahadhir8 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:08 pm

just buy papago R6100 with x7, and test simulator, sitiawan to bukit gambir, if set recomended papago set sitiawan => t. intan => bidor => PLUS Highway => b. gambir.

if i add route plan and set mid point, sungai besar it not ok due to sitiawan = t.intan = bidor => plus then sungai besar => k. selangor => setia alam link => highway => b.gambir

if use mobile xt, sitiawan => hutan melintang => sungai besar => kuala selangor => kapar => (add setia alam link ) => Highway => b. gambir.

Try with Sitiawan to Sungai Besar, Selangor (need to go via Highway) = 230KM, suspect something wrong with direction from simpang 4 hutang melintang to sungai besar. if direct it should be more then 80KM if from sitiawan.

*** i found the problem - suspect not found bridge/link from perak to selangor, if i set sitiawan to perak border then ok, if i set selangor border then it use the highway.
PPG version : Reality X8.5
Brand/Model: Papago R6100

ccwong
JCV Master
JCV Master

Postby ccwong » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:47 pm

Baling-Gerik Highway breaking points....see attached

According to my friend, some areas with breaking points
(route disappeared when driving...is it software issue/lost signal ? or could it be map issue ?)

Device : Holux 62E
PPG version : X3 23 March 2010
Map version : 4th Nov 2010

:tq:

No problem in X7 with PPG R6100 on simulation -sunn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Carz

Postby Carz » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:05 pm

muncheno wrote:
Carz wrote:Anyone else using iPhone 3GS with PPG M7.1 and 101104C facing routing issues?

I briefly ran a simulated route from Hougang St 91 Blk 971A MSCP to Beach Road Golden Mile on my wife's iPhone 3GS to consider if I should buy iPhone 4. However, straight away from the start of the route, voice kept prompting left turns throughout a series of right turns even though the route is showing right turns correctly. Then when it finally made its way onto Yio Chu Kang road, I was expecting the route to turn right towards AMK Ave 3 CTE but instead, the route continues along YCK road towards Serangoon Interchange. It seems even though routing is set to fastest route, it is still taking the smaller roads instead of expressway like what my GMXT/GMPC would do. Then all of a sudden, the maps starts jumping around (can't remember where but I think when the route joins the end of Seragoon viaduct near the end of Aljunied Road Junction. The next thing I knew, the route is making it's way back to my starting point. I tried the same route a few times but each time, the maps will jump around along the route and then makes it way to my starting point instead of the end destination. I will try more routes to see if the same issue persist but in the meantime I would like to know if other is having the same issues or not. I've renamed the filenames as advised a few post back by the way.

Thanks.

Hi Carz,
My wife Iphone 4 is with M7.1 too, but no issue on the routing and voice. We didn't use it for long, just about 10min drive around Ipoh and we didn't find anything wrong with it.
On the part you mentioned the maps start jumping around, does it have to do with a GPS receiver is weak? I have seen this problem on GPS unit due to receiver is weak and only able to lock on 2 or 3 satelite instead of 4.

Just my 2-cents.

Regards,
Brent.

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Really appreciate having the opportunity to make a comparision.

For my case, it can't be due to weak GPS signals as I was testing it in simulation, not live. Till I get more opportunity to do live tests with her iPhone but I don't think it'll make a difference. In fact, it might be even worst as it'll then be subjected to weak signals as you said. I'm not able to do more tests and comparision with previous and current map 'cos switching maps will always default my current location to KL. Anyone knows how can I force current location to any starting point while inside the house with no signals? Garmin allows that easily but not PPG. I have to stick her iPhone outside the window to update current location if the last acquired signals was not near our home when we last used it (only tested it live once with previous maps before). I only managed to acquire signals sticking it out of our house window once with iPhone unlike with my HD2 which get signals much easily. Even if I managed to get enough signals to update my current position, switching maps will again default to KL, making tests difficult.

Using HD2 with current PPG maps, routing is slightly better as it takes the expressway instead of smaller roads with the iPhone on the same tested start/end points. However, the voice prompt inaccuracy still prevails. It has to do with PPG being unnecessary courteous and wordy with its prompts such that if there's a series of short turns, the voice prompts will still be queueing up after the turns have already passed. The other thing I noticed with PPG on both HD2 is that it directed me to make a right turn into Hougang Point taxi stand against traffic instead of a right turn at the traffic junction. It seems it sees it a slip road but that is not possible 'cos existing the taxi stand (by right is the entrance of taxi stand) will continue on the opposite direction as there is a divider on the road. It's not a two-way direction so no way to cut across it but the route didn't show that but instead show that it could do just that. Continuing on to AMK3 along the French school, the route made an unneccesary left turn into a parallel slip road only to exit and join the main road again. This slip road is a long parallel road to the intended route much like a bus stop. It's not shorter by any means so not sure why it did that only to exit again. I also recall with iPhone though I can't remember exactly where, coloured route could be showing an illegal 90 degree left turn instead of using the slip road before it.

I know the maps is free and not without errors and mappers are working very hard improve it all the time. I'm just not sure if some of the errors I encoutered are mapping errors or PPG limitations/bugs to be reported in more details accordingly to contribute in return. It'll help if there's a way to quickly set starting destination for more simulation tests before taking the plunge with iPhone 4 for myself.

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:48 pm

achso2 wrote:
tympg wrote:
achso2 wrote:U sure no problem on sibu map? papago bring me break into 1way road and i dnt know the "shortest distance" = "main road" or still no functioning, cause always ask me turn into main road but not the "shortest road".

anyone know how to fix it? Thankx

Hi achso2,

Could you point to a specific place in the Sibu map? I'd like to see whether this is a Papago-specific problem or the map problem.

sorry for late reply..
1. papago ask me to turn right from jalan oya traffic light go into jalan persiaran brooke.( but only can turn to left)

achso2,

Discussion continues here: Sibu Tracks and POIs
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

jeffley_yu

Postby jeffley_yu » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:03 pm

gogogood....

ken-ywk

Postby ken-ywk » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:09 am

Hi, My newly bought ERODA China gps come wif papago x7 but when i put in mfm papago map, it says 'map data incorrect. please contact your provider' anyone know how to fix it? or china papago x7 cant accept mfm?

Return to “Archive (Papago)”