MFM-Papago Map 110501 Feedback

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

encikgalol

Re: MFM-Papago Map 110501 Feedback

Postby encikgalol » Tue May 31, 2011 10:12 am

ajay wrote:of course garmin is better. that's why u bought the phone in the first place, right?papago x5 is pretty basic. don't even have coordinate search

yup, I bought that phone because of the Garmin features.. I installed the papago just to give it a try, to experience myself how other Android users live with only Papago for their GPS navigation.. :peace: :peace: :peace:

Flavine

Postby Flavine » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:27 pm

encikgalol wrote:
ajay wrote:of course garmin is better. that's why u bought the phone in the first place, right?papago x5 is pretty basic. don't even have coordinate search

yup, I bought that phone because of the Garmin features.. I installed the papago just to give it a try, to experience myself how other Android users live with only Papago for their GPS navigation.. :peace: :peace: :peace:

I'm an ex-Garmin user on Nokia, now using Papago X5 on Android. This may be weird, but I prefer Papago for its simplicity and lightning-fast POI search compared to Garmin. I don't use many features like change icons, voices, coordinates search, etc, so Papago is really perfect for me. I do miss searching for house numbers, but that is a minor inconvenience. But honestly, without MFM maps, I don't think any Malaysians would use Papago.

kennytwl

Postby kennytwl » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:41 pm

Hi there,

I would like to know how to install this map into my Sony Ericsson X8. I had Papago X5 with ' Malfreemaps.com 100415. I had try to copy the new map into d Navisea/maps folder but it doesn't work.

1st attempt : Delete Malfreemaps.com 100415 and keep MFM-PPG-110501C. Doesn't work!!

2nd attempt : Keep Malfreemaps.com 100415 and MFM-PPG-110501C. Cant switch map, MFM-PPG-110501 doesn't show in d software.

Pls help!! Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Kenny Tang :D

calvinljh

Postby calvinljh » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:32 pm

kennytwl wrote:Hi there,

I would like to know how to install this map into my Sony Ericsson X8. I had Papago X5 with ' Malfreemaps.com 100415. I had try to copy the new map into d Navisea/maps folder but it doesn't work.

1st attempt : Delete Malfreemaps.com 100415 and keep MFM-PPG-110501C. Doesn't work!!

2nd attempt : Keep Malfreemaps.com 100415 and MFM-PPG-110501C. Cant switch map, MFM-PPG-110501 doesn't show in d software.

Pls help!! Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Kenny Tang :D

try to keep 100415 R51_xx.hdr file, the rest overwrite it. Hope this does work.

encikgalol

Postby encikgalol » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Flavine wrote:
encikgalol wrote:

I'm an ex-Garmin user on Nokia, now using Papago X5 on Android. This may be weird, but I prefer Papago for its simplicity and lightning-fast POI search compared to Garmin. I don't use many features like change icons, voices, coordinates search, etc, so Papago is really perfect for me. I do miss searching for house numbers, but that is a minor inconvenience. But honestly, without MFM maps, I don't think any Malaysians would use Papago.

I'm happy that I have both Garmin and Papago for my GPS navigation in one device.. Haven't quite try yet the Papago properly.. need some time for me to learn.. both of them have its own advantages and disadvantages.. is there any Thailand map for Papago? As for Garmin, I have it already..

Return to “Archive (Papago)”