Federal road naming (MRR2)

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
dayojah
Contributor

Federal road naming (MRR2)

Postby dayojah » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:05 am

I find the way Federal roads are named muddled when my Nuvi reads it out.
The MRR2 in Ulu Kelang is named "28 MRR2 (E)" on the map, the (E) part is ignored.

For a start everybody knows this road as MRR2 only and the E is not correct, so how about naming something like
"MRR2 FR28" with the well known name first and giving a prefix to Federal Roads as is done for highways (E)

This would be a lot less confusing

Thoughts please

shawchyn
Valued Contributor

Re: Federal road naming (MRR2)

Postby shawchyn » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:19 am

dayojah wrote:I find the way Federal roads are named muddled when my Nuvi reads it out.
The MRR2 in Ulu Kelang is named "28 MRR2 (E)" on the map, the (E) part is ignored.

For a start everybody knows this road as MRR2 only and the E is not correct, so how about naming something like
"MRR2 FR28" with the well known name first and giving a prefix to Federal Roads as is done for highways (E)

This would be a lot less confusing

Thoughts please

The "E" should refer to "EAST" and Not "Expressway"
Snake Chia
http://appsblog.snakechia.com
http://www.nearby.com.my

Return to “Project Room”