Fixing the continuous recalculation problem

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Re: Fixing the continuous recalculation problem

Postby edchuang (retired) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:49 pm

tlchuan wrote:
antyong wrote:Bro Moey, did you set your Nuvi to show location "at gps location" or "on roads"?

:cry: my nuvi 760 can't set to lock on GPS location, it always lock on the roads.

Bro tlchuan,

Can, use off road mode(Tools-->Setting-->Navigation-->Route Preference-->Off Road). I am using nuvi760 too. :mrgreen:

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:57 pm

edchuang wrote:Bro tlchuan,
Can, use off road mode(Tools-->Setting-->Navigation-->Route Preference-->Off Road). I am using nuvi760 too. :mrgreen:

Ah yah, why i soo :ko: thank for reminding me :thumbsup:

kb27
Valued Contributor

Postby kb27 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:37 pm

soulquarianz wrote:
antyong wrote:Bro Moey, please set your Nuvi and GMXT to show "at gps location" i.e. turn off lock on road. Test and report the result.

if i set this will it stop the jumping to the other lane problem? coz theres certain road that it will suddenly show me on the other side of the road (not on navigation - set destination)

I think there was one time, the gps car was on the wrong side of the road while I was on route to somewhere.

Then I stop the routing, and the gps car was immediately back on the correct side of the road.

So maybe you can try switching on and off the routing.

sharkteef
Valued Contributor

Postby sharkteef » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:22 pm

I have one to share, i hope one of u bro's can help aid a newbie like me.

GPS model : 205W, GMXT on N79 and 6220c (GMXT .10)- 3 various devices encountering similar issue.
Primary Location - SS2/73 Petaling Jaya outbound enroute to Aman Suria PJU 1/46.
Driving speed - 50km/h (car windows open with cigarette in one hand)

So i start off from SS2 PJ heading to Aman Suria. Calculated route persists me to take LDP heading towards Kelana Jaya into dataran Prima. Due to massive jam, i make a U-Turn under the LDP @ SS2/55 to heads toward KDU and turn left @ sprint highway heading towards Kayu Ara/ Bandar Utama.

As i was driving along LDP after the U-Turn, thats where i encountered recalculation problems.
Pink highlighted route still shows Kelana Jaya. Recalculation for several times until i pass 200m after KDU. I am wondering if this is an error on my devices.

I have attached a picture from wikimapia for easier reference.
The pink line shows the route from garmin.
The green line shows the actual road i'm using.
The bluish line shows the error route (failure in recalculations or multiple recalculations with NO result)

I am wondering if i'm the only one facing this error. please help.
firmwares are all updated and on mfm 1.24

weechamp

Postby weechamp » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:58 am

I'm facing continuous recalculation problem too but on the ldp...
Seems GMXT can't determine which direction of ldp i'm heading...
if from damansara direction heading towards puchong it usually starts from ttdi underpass until giant @ kelana jaya. Quite annoying, and i think people who are depending on gmxt to guide them around that area could be actually lost in this sort of situation...
hope there will be a firmware / patch to solve this problem [-o<

76gpsguy
Polygon Mapper

Postby 76gpsguy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:10 pm

I just tested v1.31 map and found that the continuous route recalculation issue seems that being resolved. :thumbsup:

Anyone has encountered this problem before, MFM would appreciate it if you could carry out a test and give your feedback here to confirm whether this continuous route recalculation issue still persist or completely resolve. :prayer: :tq:

sharkteef
Valued Contributor

Postby sharkteef » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:55 pm

No not really. my continous re-calculation problem still persists even on map 1.31
Tested during pasar malam in SS2 yesterday night heading home and also again this morning and afternoon. my route and designation is the same as in previous post.
Still encoutering multiple re-calculations without a new route printed out for about 300m - 500m or so. it could be the bugs in my mobile and the existing firmware for 205w.

anyone else encounter same problems on me on LDP ?

76gpsguy
Polygon Mapper

Postby 76gpsguy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:22 pm

sharkteef wrote:No not really. my continous re-calculation problem still persists even on map 1.31
Tested during pasar malam in SS2 yesterday night heading home and also again this morning and afternoon. my route and designation is the same as in previous post.
Still encoutering multiple re-calculations without a new route printed out for about 300m - 500m or so. it could be the bugs in my mobile and the existing firmware for 205w.

How the route recalculation being triggered? Due to detour, lost of satellite reception or ….?

After recalculation, where is the starting point of the recomputed route? On the same road and heading the same direction or on the opposite road and heading a direction against your current movement?

What you mean “without a new route printed out for about 300m – 500m or so”?

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:59 am

Something happened to my GMXT and most of my tracks are gone.... :frus: just this saved Bkt Gambir, P227 portion to submit.

BktGambir-MfM-1.gdb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

sharkteef
Valued Contributor

Postby sharkteef » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:57 pm

76gpsguy wrote:
sharkteef wrote:No not really. my continous re-calculation problem still persists even on map 1.31

How the route recalculation being triggered? Due to detour, lost of satellite reception or ….?

After recalculation, where is the starting point of the recomputed route? On the same road and heading the same direction or on the opposite road and heading a direction against your current movement?

What you mean “without a new route printed out for about 300m – 500m or so”?

upon the u-turn i made along LDP @ Jalan SS2/55.

Perhaps my statement was blurry. Anyway, here's what happened and is still happening to me.

Destination from SS2/73 (in-law's house)
Destination to Aman Suria (say kayu or something)
GMXT and Nuvi 205w plots route to drive via LDP heading towards Kelana Jaya.
I refuse due to massive jam encounters.
So i exit to LDP @ SS2/75 and make a U-Turn via SS2/55 LDP (as shown on wikimapia in 1st post of mine)
Due to extremely slow moving traffic, recalculation only begins after i pass Petronas/BHP petrol station.
Continously re-calculating for several times. Pink route still showing initial calculated route which is heading through Kelana Jaya LDP.
300-500m later after the U-Turn should be near KDU/indian cemetary.
Finally a proper re-calculation appears and shows me the proper route to where i am heading which is towards sprint highway/kayu ara/bandar utama centerpoint.

So in other words, i get the designation a lil bit late. sometimes too late to make a turn out of LDP heading to Kayu Ara. if i didnt know my way around, i'll be heading to the Damansara Utama Tunnel and miss the turning when i should be keeping left.
This could be an annoyance if people from out of town came and used this particular route. As we know, the LDP after KDU/indian cemetary, one will need to know which lane to keep to. unfortunately both my devices always end up re-calculating till i hit very near the indian cemetary. a very risky situation and detour is a long way.

the times i am in are always in the early evenings. clear weather still sunny. (pasar malam in ss2 is on mondays and thursdays so the jam is pretty horrible)
i cannot be moving very fast and neither am i under the bridge at the u-turn for very long. so i doubt something is affecting the signal.

thanks in advance for advice.

Return to “Project Room”