Cut the link to avoid route to hazards roads

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
doraemon
Polygon Mapper

Cut the link to avoid route to hazards roads

Postby doraemon » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:44 pm

I recalled bro sunn mention that sometimes mappers purposely disconnect certain alley road from main road to avoid "shortest route calculation". Well, you have your point.

But with 1 request, please mark the disconnected point with an unsearchable POI (To indicate it was disconnected in purpose). So that when if a user navigate out from that area, will realized that road is actually connected instead of mistakenly the road is unaccessible.

cheers!

doraemon
Polygon Mapper

Re: Cut the link to avoid route to hazards roads

Postby doraemon » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:44 am

I wonder why I post always no responds one eh? Actually what is the problem of my post leh? :cry:

edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Postby edchuang (retired) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:51 am

Response here. :mrgreen:

I agreed. But need Bro Antyong to assign the unsearchable POI so that all mappers used the same POI.

Cheers.

doraemon
Polygon Mapper

Postby doraemon » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:04 am

Oh ya bro educhuang... can u provide me the software tools to be used for JCV?

Softwares to be used and its template that you hv created. So we can maintain the standards. :prayer:

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:50 am

doraemon wrote:I wonder why I post always no responds one eh? Actually what is the problem of my post leh? :cry:

i think because most people know 小丁当 can do wonder, so dun bother lor....:mrgreen:

come back to the issue, how will the device determine if it still able to calculate the 2nd shortest route to destination when the first shortest route is disconnect in purposes.... :-k

Example : Going to pt X from pt A via pt B(assuming is the shortest route and was disconnected), so the device may prompt to use another route to pt x,but will it still come back to pt B to continue the route. Unless all route to pt B are all disconnected..... :-k
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Postby edchuang (retired) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:22 am

doraemon wrote:Oh ya bro educhuang... can u provide me the software tools to be used for JCV?

Softwares to be used and its template that you hv created. So we can maintain the standards. :prayer:

You got PM.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 am

singawon wrote:
doraemon wrote:I wonder why I post always no responds one eh? Actually what is the problem of my post leh? :cry:

i think because most people know 小丁当 can do wonder, so dun bother lor....:mrgreen:

come back to the issue, how will the device determine if it still able to calculate the 2nd shortest route to destination when the first shortest route is disconnect in purposes.... :-k

Example : Going to pt X from pt A via pt B(assuming is the shortest route and was disconnected), so the device may prompt to use another route to pt x,but will it still come back to pt B to continue the route. Unless all route to pt B are all disconnected..... :-k

IMHO this has to do with the "AI" algorithm of respective GPS manufacturer firmware plus the map data :-'

shideen
Senior Mapper

Postby shideen » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:18 am

Alley road in mapedit is defined as alleyway or private road. Not all alley is hazardous. Just sometimes not recommended to normal users, like kampung roads where the roads are small, or maybe will pass by somebody's private property.
Yes, sometimes it is disconnected on purpose, but if know the roads very well, and it is ok for public to drive thru, can inform respective mapper to connect back the road.
Nuvi200, 255W, GMXT on N5800, 60csx, Papago X3 (EastGear), Galactio V8

sunn
Senior Mapper
Location: Shah Alam (HP4150 & SIRF3 BT, HP6515, Etrex Legend HCX, Omnia i900 16GB, Samsung Note 2, Ipad 2

Postby sunn » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:19 am

doraemon wrote:I recalled bro sunn mention that sometimes mappers purposely disconnect certain alley road from main road to avoid "shortest route calculation". Well, you have your point.

But with 1 request, please mark the disconnected point with an unsearchable POI (To indicate it was disconnected in purpose). So that when if a user navigate out from that area, will realized that road is actually connected instead of mistakenly the road is unaccessible.

cheers!

Sorry Bro,

Just read your post.

User will not be able to route through as we split the road in the middle. This will prevent User new to the area going through alley roads from one highway to another, or in some other way, in just a short distance unless it is routed to that particular road. Either directions, the user will be able to route to the splitted road.

Setting your GPSr to use shortest route will not only route you through alley road but also unpaved roads as well.

Mappers will have to made the decision to split the roads and also from user feedbacks.
It is a merit to forgive others:
The more we forgive the more merit we collect.

(Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs. )

shideen
Senior Mapper

Postby shideen » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:22 am

Other points that we can discuss here is roads restriction. We can make road but we restrict to motorcyle use only.
Nuvi200, 255W, GMXT on N5800, 60csx, Papago X3 (EastGear), Galactio V8

Return to “Project Room”