TOLL FEES FOR HIGHWAY

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: TOLL FEES FOR HIGHWAY

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:33 am

Krusher wrote:Even for a foreigner, I support your local ToughNGo but problem is, at times, I dont' come to Malaysia enough so each time, my Card will be rendered 'inactive' and have to end up paying lotsa money for admin fees, replacement fees, blah blah blah... WORST, I cannot get a refund - need to be mailed to a local as a cheque.

Too trouble some! :(

Touch N Go auto deactivate only if there is no Card Transaction for a period of 12 consecutive months, the Card shall be deactivated by TNGSB (Inactive Card).

When close to expiry, you can always make a short trip for makan / shopping / fuel top-up / or whatever just to use so you reset the "inactivity period" for another 12 months ? If you lazy, get a friend to do it for you. :thumbsup:

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:13 pm

I was just informed, the new MRT cards will now be incorporated and accepted for access and as payments merged with the charge-card arrangement inserted into those scanner-readers you have installed on or by yr dashboard.

This unit only accepts this new implementation for newly approved cars as of this month, Dec 1st. Which means, getting a Rental car won't see that feasibility just yet unless I am in luck, in getting a completely new Avis car, registered as from Dec. 01st when I arrive in a couple of days.

But on toll refunds... well, the smart way is set yr GPS unit to avoid toll la.... whats the fuss on that??? Makan angin mah.... go Chiak Hong a little and let your kereta do the cruising instead... drive in cool pace... no hurry and zigzagging like some mad maniac I get to see too on Singapore roads...!!!

This LIVE feature and lane assist is one terrific feature I sure am enjoying with my TT 950 plus the weather report with an overview or specific spots plus prices to compare for my diesel before hitting the kiosk further up... :thumbsup:
Image ~ Cruiser ~

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:38 pm

cruiser wrote:I was just informed, the new MRT cards will now be incorporated and accepted for access and as payments merged with the charge-card arrangement inserted into those scanner-readers you have installed on or by yr dashboard.
Applicable only in Singapore
This unit only accepts this new implementation for newly approved cars as of this month, Dec 1st. Which means, getting a Rental car won't see that feasibility just yet unless I am in luck, in getting a completely new Avis car, registered as from Dec. 01st when I arrive in a couple of days.

But on toll refunds... well, the smart way is set yr GPS unit to avoid toll la.... whats the fuss on that??? Makan angin mah.... go Chiak Hong a little and let your kereta do the cruising instead... drive in cool pace... no hurry and zigzagging like some mad maniac I get to see too on Singapore roads...!!!
Malaysia, it is mandatory to have Touch N Go card if you take the old link ( causeway ). They DO NOT accept cash/credit card for toll payment. You can opt to take 2nd link but that is a big detour if you want to go to JB town and more expensive

This LIVE feature and lane assist is one terrific feature I sure am enjoying with my TT 950 plus the weather report with an overview or specific spots plus prices to compare for my diesel before hitting the kiosk further up... :thumbsup:

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:18 pm

That's a good heads UP and :tq: brudder SB... :thumbsup:

It is indeed a good tip to take note on.
Must buy those Touch-N-Go cards after all... can this be purchased at the 7-Eleven shops? Is the value based on distance within a certain time frame or simply, charged entrance to exit as registered by scanners?
Image ~ Cruiser ~

sulphur
Valued Contributor

Postby sulphur » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:29 pm

saidsbs wrote:But have u all think that using TouchNHo are profit/win to that company. For example, I use TouchNGo 24days/month. Means 2 times a day =>>> 24 X 2 times = 48 time. But what PLUS offer to us discount 20% after using 80 times/month. Is it fair to us????.

In business, there is a breakeven point after which it will decide the growth of a company and the services it will offer or otherwise.
Touch and Go is a good thing, do you know how much I have to pay when they first launched the unit in 1990s? But it does save me time in queing which then can be translated in term of monetary.

A person who use 79 times/month will more pissed off than you but a person who use 81 times/month is more grateful than a person who use 100 times/month. The point is we will never happy with everything in the world unless it is us who gain the benefits.

Every company want to make profit and at least PLUS does offer 20% discount which obviously you are not entitled to.

My friend,
Using Touch and Go twice per day is nothing la.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:47 pm

We are on the other hand, will soon be facing mileage levy.

The more you drive and cover the distance.... the more you end up paying !!! But in accordance to usage and presence on the road with wear & tear of the surface etc... Govt isn't bothered with YOUR argument abt wear & tear of your scrap metal even if it was a Lexus 450 or Bentley... or just a weebit Mini cockroach car.... :lol:

So, that will cut down our road tax if not, completely remove this heinous taxing under false pretext and that of the special tax again for our type/capacity of engine we are "screwed" with every year.

We will emulate like what you have in Spore with that scanner unit installed but this will be linked to our damn data that is also connected to our bank account :ko: :frus: :evil: :-?

Luckily, we don't have this "punch-holes" coupons like you still have in use... its just ridiculous but well... its a necessary innovation for fixing the revenue & parking chaos over there I guess.
Image ~ Cruiser ~

exz8
Polygon Mapper

Postby exz8 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:10 pm

move this thread to MFM cutom POI. anyone would make it as custom POI?
then, we will contribute...

Return to “Project Room”