Proposal : Turn off Junction

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
singawon
Valued Contributor

Re: Proposal : Turn off Junction

Postby singawon » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:44 pm

edchuang wrote:
jchoong wrote:Too bad we are not able to have this yet.

A few weeks ago, we were 3 couples in 2 cars from Spore to KL; mainly to golf and to attend a few dinner functions. I lived in KL many years ago, so still roughly know my geography; although I have to admit that I'm not familiar with the many new roads/flyovers. I'm now at a stage I need a GPS to drive around KL!

We stayed at Mid-Valley, and on both outings to the golf courses around Putra Jaya, we made errors on taking a wrong ramp on a flyover. On our last nite, my friends in the 2nd car were driving back from 1-Utama to Mid-Valley. These folks are totally dependent on the GPS. They took wrong ramps on 4 occasions!

At least they know they took the wrong ramps by using GPS, If not... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So we know the great advantage of having a gps, i have lost my way a few times while driving to Port Klang, genting to Malacca, and the most recent trip back from Sg rengit to Sg... :lol: Good things is with the gps, i know where am i lost and how to get out... =D>
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

WeiQi00
Polygon Mapper

Postby WeiQi00 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:17 am

edchuang wrote:
jchoong wrote:Too bad we are not able to have this yet.

A few weeks ago, we were 3 couples in 2 cars from Spore to KL; mainly to golf and to attend a few dinner functions. I lived in KL many years ago, so still roughly know my geography; although I have to admit that I'm not familiar with the many new roads/flyovers. I'm now at a stage I need a GPS to drive around KL!

We stayed at Mid-Valley, and on both outings to the golf courses around Putra Jaya, we made errors on taking a wrong ramp on a flyover. On our last nite, my friends in the 2nd car were driving back from 1-Utama to Mid-Valley. These folks are totally dependent on the GPS. They took wrong ramps on 4 occasions!

At least they know they took the wrong ramps by using GPS, If not... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I have a roadtrip at KL. I have few experience, My GPS device Mislead me.
For Example: From My brother's house (at Taman Maluri) to Carrefour Sri Pertaling.
Just use my nuvi where to function > POI > Shopping, type in Carrefour and get my destination result, then GO.
My nuvi guide me to my destination by using KL-Putrajaya Expressway.
driving on the way, then nuvi prompt
"in 850m exit left then exit left" [Exit left to E5 Kesas (E)]
Continue drive.
nuvi another prompt "Exit left", saw ramps on the left.
but when look on my nuvi bottom right show "turn in 200m",
In my mind, just drove another 200m then turn left. So just go straight.
After that notice that no more ramps for me to turn left :frus:
and No more exit point or U turn until Putrajaya TOLL. So bad !! :cry:
Exit after Putrajaya Toll and U turn back to Carrefour Sri Pertaling.
Took a long long way to U turn back. :cry:
Voice prompt ask me to "Exit left", Nuvi Right Bottom Write "Turn In 200m".
No match at all. :-?
:thumbsup:Our maps are FREE but we need funds to keep this site going. Please support our HOSTING FUND =D> =D> =D>
Thanks for your support. :tq:

edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Postby edchuang (retired) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:47 am

Haha, at least it prompt you "Recalculating", so you know you are at the wrong way. :mrgreen:
If you use the just released Garmin Dr. Nightmare Voice, some more interesting, it prompt you "Let me consult my magic book" :lol: :lol: :lol:

seethoe

Postby seethoe » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:24 pm

yup, KL roads are a great challenge to GPS system...its so complicated...lol!
My Photos: http://www.szetophotos.com

chee_loong
Contributor

Postby chee_loong » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:53 am

If our map support this function, I will consider upgrade my nuvi.. O:)
Regards,
Chee Loong (Nuvi 1350)

Return to “Project Room”