Polygon Drawing Discussion

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
alyem
Regional Mapper

Re: Polygon Drawing Discussion

Postby alyem » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:09 pm

duke17 wrote:Good. :welcome: to Polygon mapping. :thumbsup: We do need more polygon mappers.:peace:

Any Senior Polygon mappers wanna to Upgrade to Mapping???
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

waiweng83

Postby waiweng83 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:46 pm

Just now when I was playing with the unregistered version of GPSMapEdit, I discovered something and wish to share it here:

As you all know, when we save the *.mp file, the polygon is only save up to 5 decimal points and this may cause the polygon out of shape or misaligned. There is a way to save 6 decimal points for the lat and lon.

1. Draw a polygon, then save the mp file.
2. Edit the mp file with a text editor (notepad, vim...etc)
3. You will see that the lat and lon is only saved up to 5 decimal points. Append a '0' at the end of each lat and lon so that it has 6 decimal points. Then save the edited file.
4. Open the mp file with GPSMapEdit and start drawing your polygon. Any subsequent polygon will be saved as 6 decimal points.

I'm not sure whether this method has been shared before, I just wanna share my finding :)

Hope this helps.
Garmin nuvi 205w

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Postby chaicka » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 am

waiweng83 wrote:Just now when I was playing with the unregistered version of GPSMapEdit, I discovered something and wish to share it here:

As you all know, when we save the *.mp file, the polygon is only save up to 5 decimal points and this may cause the polygon out of shape or misaligned. There is a way to save 6 decimal points for the lat and lon.

3. You will see that the lat and lon is only saved up to 5 decimal points. Append a '0' at the end of each lat and lon so that it has 6 decimal points. Then save the edited file.
4. Open the mp file with GPSMapEdit and start drawing your polygon. Any subsequent polygon will be saved as 6 decimal points.

I'm not sure whether this method has been shared before, I just wanna share my finding :)

Hope this helps.

Strange. Your method didn't work for me. MapEdit v1.0.60.0.

waiweng83

Postby waiweng83 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:57 am

chaicka wrote:
waiweng83 wrote:Just now when I was playing with the unregistered version of GPSMapEdit, I discovered something and wish to share it here:

Hope this helps.

Strange. Your method didn't work for me. MapEdit v1.0.60.0.

Err, I'm using 1.0.61.1 btw...
Garmin nuvi 205w

fruitplus
Polygon Mapper

Postby fruitplus » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:02 pm

alyem wrote:
duke17 wrote:Good. :welcome: to Polygon mapping. :thumbsup: We do need more polygon mappers.:peace:

Any Senior Polygon mappers wanna to Upgrade to Mapping???

Bro, ive pm'ed u already...
Past + Present = Future

Return to “Project Room”