How many % of Malaysia & Singapore roads has MFM covered?

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Re: How many % of Malaysia & Singapore roads has MFM covered?

Postby keong8260 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:49 pm

myin wrote:please update selandar, nyalas, asahan,simpang bekoh, felda bukit senggeh. all in daerah jasin,melaka.

tq

:rox: :rox: :rox:
:tq: :tq: :tq:

Bro myin, you might consider track this place yourself and help to contribute, perhaps you are the local over there. :welcome:

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:53 pm

More than 90% of Kedah and Perlis state road and federal road are cover.

Major town like Alor Setar, Sungai Petani and Kulim => about 80% (my guess)
"less" major town is some how got "coverage" but not so complete yet.

Not sure about Kangar.

:rox:

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby tuah » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:54 pm

keong8260 wrote:
Not sure about Kangar.

:rox:

Bro Niefeng covers a lot.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:19 am

antyong wrote:
  1. Singapore - >90%
  2. Perlis - >80%
  3. Kedah - >80%
  4. Penang - >90%
  5. Perak - >80%
  6. Kelantan - 70%
  7. Terengganu - 70%
  8. Pahang - >70%
  9. KL + Putrajaya + Labuan - >95%
  10. Selangor - >95%
  11. N. Sembilan - >95%
  12. Melaka - >95%
  13. Johor - >80%
  14. Sarawak - 50%
  15. Sabah - 50%
  16. Brunei - ?

Is this fair? Bear in mind the % is the % of total roads, not % of area of coverage. The national/state capitals are most developed. If they are properly covered, other unmapped roads are perhaps only a small % of the total state roads.

For example, Johor has about 30,000 roads. So if you say 20% still unmapped that means they are still 7,500 roads not mapped. Better do more tracking, bros :)

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:55 am

Bro Antyong, is there a suggested reference we can gauge to benchmark the volume of roads we already have in Singapore / Malaysia ?

duke17
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby duke17 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:28 pm

Bro antyong, I think SG has more than 95% of the roads covered. :thumbsup: Areas not covered are mostly under Military areas. :D
Last edited by duke17 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garmin Montana 650; Nuvi 2575RLM; BMW Navigator V; Nuvi 205; Garmin Edge 1000; mfm

jaguar
Valued Contributor

Postby jaguar » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 pm

There is one a**h*** pointing me to the istana :mrgreen: :mrgreen: terrible guy... :)

Bro Silverbeauty... I intend to take out my old trusty Migty Mind directory and count the number of roads they have in the index page.. then ask bro OncCC how many he has in his SG map... then we should get a more statistically correct number .. no ? yee haa !!! :champ:

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Postby chaicka » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:14 pm

duke17 wrote:Bro antyong, I think SG has more than 95% of the roads covered. :thumbsup: Ares not covered are mostly under Military areas. :D

I disagree. Every so often when I need to travel to carparks or alley roads leading to rubbish chute of some blocks, the GPS just go haywire showing I am on unchanted area and doesn't know how to get itself out of the place.

Just an example:

Try routing to Block 49A Jalan Tiga in v1.65 map, you will never be able to reach destination with the routing as there is a small alley road that lead to the Block 49A MSCP but not in map. The alley from the open-air carpark is one directional and cannot lead into the MSCP, yet v1.65 tries to lead you to the open-air carpark then into the MSCP (going against traffic flow).

duke17
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby duke17 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:19 am

chaicka wrote:
duke17 wrote:Bro antyong, I think SG has more than 95% of the roads covered. :thumbsup: Ares not covered are mostly under Military areas. :D

I disagree. Every so often when I need to travel to carparks or alley roads leading to rubbish chute of some blocks, the GPS just go haywire showing I am on unchanted area and doesn't know how to get itself out of the place.

Just an example:

Try routing to Block 49A Jalan Tiga in v1.65 map, you will never be able to reach destination with the routing as there is a small alley road that lead to the Block 49A MSCP but not in map. The alley from the open-air carpark is one directional and cannot lead into the MSCP, yet v1.65 tries to lead you to the open-air carpark then into the MSCP (going against traffic flow).

Bro Chaicka, are alleys without names classified as roads? :ko: My understanding is roads have names. :mrgreen:
Garmin Montana 650; Nuvi 2575RLM; BMW Navigator V; Nuvi 205; Garmin Edge 1000; mfm

jaguar
Valued Contributor

Postby jaguar » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:30 am

Oh... now I understand what bro chaicka meant..... However, my definition of coverage is similar to duke's. I remember in the early days of tracking, we were happy that the GPS could bring us to the car park entrance of a group of flats. Once there, we just use our eyes to read road directional signs and find the blocks or exits we want..... But of course, over time, users got more demanding (especially with Jerome putting in all the alleys in his map :mrgreen: )

OK... then, the SG map coverage is somewhere between 60% and 99% :mrgreen: but , what the heck... all my neighbors love it and not complaining.. :)

Oops.. it is sunday oredi.. better go to sleep... :ko:

Return to “Project Room”