Compatible with Navitel

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
alex2942

Compatible with Navitel

Postby alex2942 » Mon May 04, 2009 12:02 pm

Is the Malfree map compatible with Navitel? I find the Garmin XT license too expensive to subscribe. Pls sifus let me know.

sabre23t

Re: Compatible with Navitel

Postby sabre23t » Mon May 04, 2009 1:04 pm

Mmm ... I see from http://www.gpsmoldova.com/navitel/indexen.html and http://www.gpsmoldova.com/navitel/en-navitel-price.html that Navitel software only cost USD 30.

Isn't GM XT software on SD card available for close to that price?

Anyway, since our mappers are using MP files and GPSMapEdit they can easily release NM2 maps required by Navitel. However, the lack of Navitel users at MFM is possibly the main reason our mappers have not released in Navitel NM2 format.
4SQ, Waze, GMM, MSM, MFM & OSM ;-}

alex2942

Postby alex2942 » Fri May 15, 2009 12:05 pm

Can we use MapID to convert from MFM to Navitel format. The garmin xt software is very expensive. I know there are a lot of hack version. Navitel is reducing the license to USD20 only or less. So worth to use navitel and have a piece of mind on pirated software. I have a lot of my expats friends who do not want pirated software

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Sat May 16, 2009 1:40 am

You can help yourself by opening our maps (6x008888.img) and saving them into Navitel format :)

sabre23t

Postby sabre23t » Sat May 16, 2009 8:25 am

antyong wrote:You can help yourself by opening our maps (6x008888.img) and saving them into Navitel format :)

Ah, I "forgot" MFM IMG is unlocked and can be opened by GPSMapEdit and resaved as Navitel NM2 format. Even unregistered GPSMapEdit should be able to do it. 8-)
4SQ, Waze, GMM, MSM, MFM & OSM ;-}

ajay

Postby ajay » Sat May 16, 2009 8:35 am

this is interesting.. how good is navitel, compared to gmxt?
from Garmin Que for Pocket PC to Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile to Nuvi 205W to Papago M9 for Android & now Garmin Nuvi 2576.

alex2942

Postby alex2942 » Sun May 17, 2009 10:08 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for the info. I saw the papago software online, looks very interesting. I hope you guys will be successful converting the malfree to papago coz they have a nice software outlook.

By the way, Im new in this gps mapping. Is there anyway for me to contribute because I have a gps tracker. Maybe I cant in someway give your my track in Lat and Long but I dont know will be any useful to you guys. let me know how to make myself useful to malfree.

Thanks

alex2942

Postby alex2942 » Mon May 18, 2009 4:48 pm

I try to convert using GPSMapEdit. When I verify the map, there seems to be a lot of errors (1589 errors). Most of the errors are 'too close nodes' What do they mean by that?
I ask Navitel people and they say the I will need to have the source file or else I will need to repair the errors. I really dont know what he is saying. Any of you guys know what he mean by source files? The *.img is not source file? I thought it was not locked?
I can always help u guys convert the map to suite Navitel and share with Navitel users. But I'm very new to this so might need to guidance.

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Postby chinwy » Mon May 18, 2009 6:07 pm

AFAIK the node errors should not be an issue (mappers pls confirm). The message is purely for informaiton due to limitations in the GPS - ie to remind you that you are about to mess up what you are doing - when told but insisted. When I draw up some of the tracks, junctions that are too close to one another - sometimes the nodes cannot stick and keeps on jumping to the next closest node, ie cannot stick to the position I intend to put. Being hard headed, I literally forced in sometimes by gentle persuasion... aka brute force. That when you run verify, this error message will appear. In a nutshell, not to worry.

Do let me know of your progress with Nivatel. It is an interesting platform and looks like a good alternative to G, features and price wise.

I am one of those peolpe that likes to support the under dogs just to spice up the market. With GPSmapedit now offering this option ... interesting.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Tue May 19, 2009 2:04 am

alex2942 wrote:I try to convert using GPSMapEdit. When I verify the map, there seems to be a lot of errors (1589 errors). Most of the errors are 'too close nodes' What do they mean by that?
I ask Navitel people and they say the I will need to have the source file or else I will need to repair the errors. I really dont know what he is saying. Any of you guys know what he mean by source files? The *.img is not source file? I thought it was not locked?
I can always help u guys convert the map to suite Navitel and share with Navitel users. But I'm very new to this so might need to guidance.

Our source file is in mp format. We are reluctant to release our source file because all our hard work are in it and there are people who wants to copy from it. Read viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1783 and viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1765

I have read in other forums about people who had successfully convert navitel maps from Garmin (img) format. Will try it out if have the time. At the meantime, please experiment yourself :)

Return to “Project Room”