Suggestions to a better MFM

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
exz8
Polygon Mapper

Re: Suggestions to a better MFM

Postby exz8 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:22 pm

how do we track the lrt track which accross underground?
surely the signal lost

kissnight

Postby kissnight » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:35 am

aiyoh.. draw from a map lah..
I am sure the DBKL has one to copy from..
ah no meh.. ???
so how do they do the "Smart Tunnel" leh..?
:ko:
sista kissnightImage

azhar

Postby azhar » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:46 am

Sorry for the off topic, but still for the betterment of MFM. I like to suggest POI for Homestay. Nowadays there are a lot of homestay especially in a small town. It would be a great help for big family budget traveller. And of course tel no should be incorporated into the POI as well. Thanks.

sharkteef
Valued Contributor

Postby sharkteef » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:23 pm

i know around penang khoo khongsi area, there are some homestays. when i hit penang next month i'll get some numbers and co-ordinates.

sharkteef
Valued Contributor

Postby sharkteef » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:28 pm

btw are there any motor lanes available in MFM ?

i remembered one time when i was driving my friend's kenari on the way to putrajaya to watch the international fireworks competition, i drove into a motorcycle lane to avoid the massive jam.

so just wondering if motorcycle lanes are implemented in MFM or not. some motorcycle lanes are huge like the ones in putrajaya.

stimix

Postby stimix » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:02 pm

Haha.. I partially tracked the redundant putrajaya motorlane..but I purposely requested sunn to ignore it.. :oops:
viewtopic.php?p=15158#p15158
ImageImage
ImageImage

tangyp

Postby tangyp » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:31 am

I agree with the suggestion to go easy on the makan POIs. Seems like contributors are just contributing any restaurant, kopitiam they see along the way.

When I use my GPS for makan place directions, I would like to know that the place that my MFM maps suggests is some kind of quality place with quality food.

If I'm in an unknown area and I just want some food...any food, just use my eyes lah, no need to rely on the GPS for everything.

Anyway, whatever it is...Antyong... thank you very much to you and your team... for your efforts. :thumbsup:

:rox:

zuree
Valued Contributor

Postby zuree » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:16 am

tangyp wrote:I agree with the suggestion to go easy on the makan POIs. Seems like contributors are just contributing any restaurant, kopitiam they see along the way.

When I use my GPS for makan place directions, I would like to know that the place that my MFM maps suggests is some kind of quality place with quality food.

If I'm in an unknown area and I just want some food...any food, just use my eyes lah, no need to rely on the GPS for everything.

Anyway, whatever it is...Antyong... thank you very much to you and your team... for your efforts. :thumbsup:

:rox:

i think that is the unique features of MFM, u can find variety of food like traditional food, seafood, vegetarian food, western food, chinese food, malay food, indian food. people sometimes get boring eating same food everyday, so they can easily find what food to eat and whether its cheap or not. But one think i should highlight here is to categorize the restaurants or stall for 'HALAL' or Non-HALAL' for muslim like us :rox:

sharkteef
Valued Contributor

Postby sharkteef » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:05 pm

i will speak to antyong and unker sunn more about this.
these few weeks i am about to close audit reports and submit to BN already. so after this is done, i can yam cha more with them and dig up as much info as i could.

the makan poi's have been one of my main concerns so far. "HALAL" tags and opening hours as well as contact details are on my priority.

jccy

Postby jccy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:33 pm

I understand that some of the POI is having information of the contacts, but if making this as standard for POI like hospital, police station, fire fighter station, etc will be useful especially when it comes to emergency cases.

Also, certain well establishment will have their own webpage, if this information is possible to be included into the POI, it'll be very useful as well.

Return to “Project Room”