Query on Loading Garmin Malfree Map without POI

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
carlover

Query on Loading Garmin Malfree Map without POI

Postby carlover » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:15 pm

Guys,

I have a query on loading the map onto my GPS as I will be doing testing for the Traffic Camera and Speed Trap POI on my 3560LM unit and I need to load the Map without the default Traffic Camera and Speed Trap POI.

I download the map from the forum and found that there is no Junction View and the POI are all included with the map.

Can anyone advise me on the steps to load the map with Junction View but without the Traffic Camera and Speed Trap POI as the maps are different nowadays compared to last time.

Thanks.
Currently Using : Garmin NUVI 3560LM with Live Traffic FM Receiver

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Query on Loading Garmin Malfree Map without POI

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:10 am

carlover wrote:Guys,

I have a query on loading the map onto my GPS as I will be doing testing for the Traffic Camera and Speed Trap POI on my 3560LM unit and I need to load the Map without the default Traffic Camera and Speed Trap POI.

I download the map from the forum and found that there is no Junction View and the POI are all included with the map.

Can anyone advise me on the steps to load the map with Junction View but without the Traffic Camera and Speed Trap POI as the maps are different nowadays compared to last time.

Thanks.

As far as I know

MfM CGS Mapper does not have Junction View.

MfM Garmin compiled does has Junction View
Garmin compiled commercial has Junction View

carlover

Postby carlover » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:37 am

silverbeauty wrote:
carlover wrote:Guys,

Thanks.

As far as I know

MfM CGS Mapper does not have Junction View.

MfM Garmin compiled does has Junction View
Garmin compiled commercial has Junction View

Brother, thanks for your reply. How about the Traffic Camera and Speed Trap POI file? Is it combined into the Garmin Map when I download the one which is dated 21st July 2014?

carlover

Postby carlover » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:37 pm

Dear all members,

I finally found the answer to my query that I have to enable the Mass Storage Option in my 3560LM as I am not able to see the .System Folder in my GPS Unit when connected to my PC.

Now I am able to see the POI Folder so my issue has been resolved and I can see that the Bus Lane, Traffic Camera and SpeedTrap for Singapore are based on 2009 version.

I will update and upload the latest version as soon as possible. :thumbsup:

Return to “Project Room”