Request for Myanmar map detail

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
deparwork

Request for Myanmar map detail

Postby deparwork » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:10 pm

Dear Senior

i'm Depar Soe Lwin From Myanmar, i would like to request Myanmar map detail for mapsource, please help me to find out myanmar map detail for mapsource. Thanks in advance.

contact mail, dparsoelwin@gmail.com

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Re: Request for Myanmar map detail

Postby chinwy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:00 pm

You can get good data from Open Source.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:09 am

deparwork wrote:Dear Senior

i'm Depar Soe Lwin From Myanmar, i would like to request Myanmar map detail for mapsource, please help me to find out myanmar map detail for mapsource. Thanks in advance.

Try Rotweiler GPS Maps http://rotweilermaps.com/maps.cfm

deparwork

Postby deparwork » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:33 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
deparwork wrote:Dear Senior

Try Rotweiler GPS Maps http://rotweilermaps.com/maps.cfm

hello, i saw the link but i don't know how to save, i saw the map only i can't save or download anything. by the how about get a map from google maps? is it possible? or please make the map for me, if you have a time, thanks

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Map not free. You have to donate to get map which can load into MapSource and / or your Garmin

Read this : http://rotweilermaps.com/donate.cfm

Or you can look for it in Asia-GPS community http://www.asiagps.org/forum/forum.php

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Postby chinwy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:22 pm

http://downloads.cloudmade.com/asia/sou ... readcrumbs

try this link if you are looking for free Myanmar maps but be prepared to do some elbow grease work.

Locate the file "Myanmar.osm.bz2" download and unpack the file. You will get a "gmapsupp.img" file. This file if you are familial with Garmin machines is the file need containing all of Myanmar data. Move it to the proper directory and you are ready. Just remember to take the necessary precautions... or you will brick your gps! Read the FORUM FAQ if you are lost at this point.

This file will not load directly into your PC's Garmin supported program without more work. eg the MapSource program where you can view the map. You are not entirely lost here as there is an alternative program GPSMapEdit where you can open and view the file. Select the file to open and set the View/Zoom Levels/Level 0 for maximum detail.

This is a crash course into mapping internals. Have fun!...

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:16 pm

There are nRoute and Garmin Mobile PC that will allow you to view the Gmapsupp.img on your Windows PC.

Garmin Mobile PC Download Here

Watch the demo Here. You do not need the GPS module if you just want to view the maps.

Hope this helps...Cheers
Common Sense Is Not Common.

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Postby chinwy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:26 pm

Moey, any chance you still have a copy of GPSdeamon? Been ages since I play with these stuff. I manage to load the gmapsupp.img file using Mapset Toolkit. Need to do some reading up again. 6 years is a long time to recall.

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:36 pm

chinwy wrote:Moey, any chance you still have a copy of GPSdeamon? Been ages since I play with these stuff. I manage to load the gmapsupp.img file using Mapset Toolkit. Need to do some reading up again. 6 years is a long time to recall.

I still got one version 1.6.2 dated 20.01.2008 lying in my Network HD archive. It is a 260K byte zip file. That is how old one of the HD in my network drive is :mrgreen:

PM me your email.

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Postby chinwy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Tks, pm sent.

The original site has been off for some time too. Those were the good old days when we had to built maps by trial and errors. I guess, I had better document it now and not have to rediscover it again. Gets stressful.

Return to “Project Room”