Mapping AIMST University campus

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
tachyon768
Location: Subang Jaya....Currently in Semeling, kedah---- GPS 10X in Laptop

Mapping AIMST University campus

Postby tachyon768 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:07 pm

Greetings MFM brothers & sisters,

I am a newbie O:) when comes to mapping, but I am willing to learn things fast....
I wish to make my 1st contribution to MFM by mapping my campus i.e. AIMST University, Semeling, Sungai Petani....... =D> \:D/
Since there are no satellite images that i can rely on (google earth doesn't show AIMST as it is now, its outdated), I would have to use tracks & waypoints to map the place.

I would need guidance from senior mappers to accomplish this task...........Would anyone suggest/ guide me to the first step (what would i need to do first).

I am using Garmin GPS10x with my laptop(mapsource + nroute) to do tracking & I am using gpsmapper to author maps & I don't have any program to compile routable maps...

Your guidance is very much appreciated, & THANKS A LOT MFM =D> :champ: for the great job .........I am proud to be part of MFM :tq: :good:

tachyon768... 8-)

tachyon768
Location: Subang Jaya....Currently in Semeling, kedah---- GPS 10X in Laptop

Re: Mapping AIMST University campus

Postby tachyon768 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:39 pm

Sorry, I am using mapedit to author maps & since i am using free version of cGPSmapper i am not able to compile routable maps

sorry for the confusion

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:39 am

tachyon768 wrote:Greetings MFM brothers & sisters,

I am a newbie O:) when comes to mapping, but I am willing to learn things fast....
I wish to make my 1st contribution to MFM by mapping my campus i.e. AIMST University, Semeling, Sungai Petani....... =D> \:D/
Since there are no satellite images that i can rely on (google earth doesn't show AIMST as it is now, its outdated), I would have to use tracks & waypoints to map the place.

I would need guidance from senior mappers to accomplish this task...........Would anyone suggest/ guide me to the first step (what would i need to do first).

I am using Garmin GPS10x with my laptop(mapsource + nroute) to do tracking & I am using gpsmapper to author maps & I don't have any program to compile routable maps...

Your guidance is very much appreciated, & THANKS A LOT MFM =D> :champ: for the great job .........I am proud to be part of MFM :tq: :good:

tachyon768... 8-)

Hello Bro, just open your tracking file (*.gpx file) with mapsource,
edit the name of tracks then save as *.gdb file
then send to our forum project related.
our mapper would retrace (drawing) your tracking and release it to future new map.

just learn from this:
viewtopic.php?p=142761#p142761
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:47 am

tachyon768 wrote:Sorry, I am using mapedit to author maps & since i am using free version of cGPSmapper i am not able to compile routable maps

sorry for the confusion

you can ask our mapper to helps them if you able & want to contribute as polygon &/or mapper.

anyway, you can start to drawing your campus site & building area as polygon with mapedit then send your contribute to project forum related,
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewforum.php?f=17

or you can edit your tracking to polyline & send it to our region mapper.

our mapper would added your contributes to future new release map.
and compile it to garmin map every week (release every monday,usually).
and compile it to papago map every month.

anyway, for routable map -you must using personal cgpsmapper version,
http://www.cgpsmapper.com/buy.htm#personal

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:02 pm

tachyon768 wrote:Greetings MFM brothers & sisters,

tachyon768... 8-)

If you want... pm me, I can go there and give you guys some lesson!!!

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:48 pm

tachyon768... say 'Yes' to bro keong8260's offer!
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

Inggo
Contributor

Postby Inggo » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:20 am

keong8260 wrote:If you want... pm me, I can go there and give you guys some lesson!!!

:good: Bro Keong would to be lecturer in AIMST University.. :wink: :-'
teach some GIS subject.. :thumbsup:

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:17 am

tachyon768 wrote:Sorry, I am using mapedit to author maps & since i am using free version of cGPSmapper i am not able to compile routable maps

sorry for the confusion

Free version of cgpsmapper cannot compile a routable map!

Return to “Project Room”