Something wrong for MFM custom POI Icon...

Organize, plan, exchange ideas, debate our mapping project.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about current MFM projects or propose new projects only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
chuenhow

Something wrong for MFM custom POI Icon...

Postby chuenhow » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:36 pm

I notice that the custom POI icon created by MFM team is not follow the standard format for Garmin 1350 device, so it cause some specific MFM custom icon disappear or it can be said that the 1350 device is not manage to show the MFM specific icon while user in navigation mode....As example, i have try manually set the petrol station using default icon that provided by Garmin mapsource and compare with MFM petrol station custom icon. The result is, in navigation mode, the default petrol station icon provided by mapsource can be view, but MFM custom petrol station icon is disappear....

alyem
Regional Mapper

Re: Something wrong for MFM custom POI Icon...

Postby alyem » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:01 pm

chuenhow wrote:I notice that the custom POI icon created by MFM team is not follow the standard format for Garmin 1350 device, so it cause some specific MFM custom icon disappear or it can be said that the 1350 device is not manage to show the MFM specific icon while user in navigation mode....As example, i have try manually set the petrol station using default icon that provided by Garmin mapsource and compare with MFM petrol station custom icon. The result is, in navigation mode, the default petrol station icon provided by mapsource can be view, but MFM custom petrol station icon is disappear....

There nothing wrong with MFM Icon.
Some of the Nuvi 1000 series... can not show MFM Icon or not supporting MFM Icon.
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

chuenhow

Postby chuenhow » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:41 pm

alyem wrote:
chuenhow wrote:I notice that the custom POI icon created by MFM team is not follow the standard format for Garmin 1350 device, so it cause some specific MFM custom icon disappear or it can be said that the 1350 device is not manage to show the MFM specific icon while user in navigation mode....As example, i have try manually set the petrol station using default icon that provided by Garmin mapsource and compare with MFM petrol station custom icon. The result is, in navigation mode, the default petrol station icon provided by mapsource can be view, but MFM custom petrol station icon is disappear....

There nothing wrong with MFM Icon.
Some of the Nuvi 1000 series... can not show MFM Icon or not supporting MFM Icon.

Is that possible MFM team convert the current icon format to other format that Garmin 1000 series can be supported...? As example, convert the icon image file from .jpeg extension to .png extension or resize the icon image pixel to the acceptance pixel for Garmin 1000 series device...

OngCC
Senior Mapper

Postby OngCC » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:44 pm

chuenhow wrote:Is that possible MFM team convert the current icon format to other format that Garmin 1000 series can be supported...? As example, convert the icon image file from .jpeg extension to .png extension or resize the icon image pixel to the acceptance pixel for Garmin 1000 series device...
Not possible yet at the moment, hopefully it can be displayed in the future.
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

sanadi

Postby sanadi » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:52 pm

What I found using my 3790 is, the icons are displayed when you are stopped. But once speed is over 10km/h the icons disappear.

Slight inconvenience for me, but acceptable. Hope someday this can be fixed.

chanrakter

Postby chanrakter » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:15 pm

sanadi wrote:What I found using my 3790 is, the icons are displayed when you are stopped. But once speed is over 10km/h the icons disappear.

I'm using Garmin Nuvi 255W but got no problem at all, only POIs Food you need to zoom max 80m if 120m it wont appear... and railway track max 200m, 300m it disappear...

chan

chuenhow

Postby chuenhow » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:54 pm

sanadi wrote:What I found using my 3790 is, the icons are displayed when you are stopped. But once speed is over 10km/h the icons disappear.

My Garmin 1350 also facing same issue as your 3790 device

sanadi

Postby sanadi » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:03 pm

Another observation:

Food and Fire Station POI are seen even when moving. Yes even when at 80km/h. Using MFM Garmin 110207. Might help with the mappers to identify the issue here.

Hope this helps.

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:23 am

sanadi wrote:

Another observation:

Food and Fire Station POI are seen even when moving. Yes even when at 80km/h. Using MFM Garmin 110207. Might help with the mappers to identify the issue here.

Hope this helps.

It WILL help if someone have Garmin 1350 or 3790 software and some spare device for the mapper to do the test..
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

GTR

Postby GTR » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:54 pm

so many r using 1350, including me. O:)
so i hope the mappers should consider the 1350 users when designing and mapping. :wink:
I am using GPS on my:
Garmin Nuvi 1350
Samsung Mega 6.3 16GB
HTC One X 32GB

Return to “Project Room”